Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golder Era of Tamil Film Industry and ARR

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

The Golder Era of Tamil Film Industry and ARR

arr has revolutionised the tamil film industry with his music and brought a new trend to tamil music.
    and coincidently there were lot of great films came on the way during that period along with some great directors.

there were not any period in tamil industry where every film that was a hit in tamil also featured in hindi zone without remake but with voice dubbing. And Songs were also created in hindi same as tamil.

I guess it all started with Roja, Kadhalan, Bombay , Indian , Muthu(famous in japan).

there were some more films but i guess these are the gems to pick up from. The success of the films 50% goes to actor+director+technicians+ others and the reamining 50% goes to Music Director. A unique coincidence to all of these films is that the music director for these films is ARR.

So instead of a ARR or IRR fan, but as a TFM Fan i would like to analyse the periods of Tamil film industry and let me know weather there were any other periods in TFM History as popular as this?

My Vote goes to this period where the TFM was not only talked in india but also around the world and great credit goes to ARR for his music.I like to hear from you guys...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR had certainly made a trend.But not a change.

When IR came to cine field all are listening to hindi songs and there was no respect tamil songs.He made tamilians to hear tamil songs.infact IR changed tamilians......

and another thing is IR gave lots of good albums in a short period of time.People had a number of good albums in one year.They dint even had 1-2 months gap between good albums.......IR gave good songs in a regular interval which ARR lacked

for example....arr gave only jeans and uyire(that too dubbed) in 1998......only two albums....is this a sign of golden era....whereas i can mention 10-15 good albums of ilayaraja in one year.....

giving 1 or 2 good albums in one year is not a sign of golden era.........giving 10-15 good albums per year is the sign of golden era

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nilavupriyan,im not sure if u knew this,but Vijaytv that time had this best of the century and ARR got the tittle " Best Music Director of the Century"! u just mentioned that IR made TAMIL people respects/listens to TAMIL songs, this is what ARR did!

In fact Ilayaraaja made Tamil people (who were listening Hindi songs) to listen Tamil Songs, where as A.R.Rahman made Hindi people(who were listening Hindi songs) to listen Tamil Songs. Another point worth noting is that while Ilayaraaja brought western music in Indian Instruments, A.R.Rahman pioneered the art of composing Indian classical Carnatic and Hindustani Music and using western Instruments to play those tunes

not my own words,but from : http://www.answers.com/topic/a-r-rahman?method=6
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    nilavupriyan,im not sure if u knew this,but Vijaytv that time had this best of the century and ARR got the tittle " Best Music Director of the Century"! u just mentioned that IR made TAMIL people respects/listens to TAMIL songs, this is what ARR did!

In fact Ilayaraaja made Tamil people (who were listening Hindi songs) to listen Tamil Songs, where as A.R.Rahman made Hindi people(who were listening Hindi songs) to listen Tamil Songs. Another point worth noting is that while Ilayaraaja brought western music in Indian Instruments, A.R.Rahman pioneered the art of composing Indian classical Carnatic and Hindustani Music and using western Instruments to play those tunes

not my own words,but from : http://www.answers.com/topic/a-r-rahman?method=6
    infact i forgot to mention that arr made hindi people to listen tamil songs....thats true....but we are talking about golden era of tamil film music.....do u think just 2 albums per year(1998) is a sign of golden era?....in a golden era must peoplemust have a non-stop pleasure of hearing good music.......not just two or 3 in a year

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nilavupriyan,im not sure if u knew this,but Vijaytv that time had this best of the century and ARR got the tittle " Best Music Director of the Century"!
    overrating ARR against IR is a full length comedy.

Sun TV gave the award best of century to Ilaiyaraja.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    just because u love choc cake...can u keep eating them non-stop!??? tigatitturum pa....

vuttu-vuttu ketta thaan suvaiya irukum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by united07
    just because u love choc cake...can u keep eating them non-stop!??? tigatitturum pa....

vuttu-vuttu ketta thaan suvaiya irukum!
    yevlo gap.......6 maashathukku oru thadavaya?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    nilavupriyan,im not sure if u knew this,but Vijaytv that time had this best of the century and ARR got the tittle " Best Music Director of the Century"!

india today also gave it to ilayaraja

india today's award list

1)kamal haasan-actor

2)ilayaraja-music director

3)maniratnam-director

4)lenin-editor

5)p.c.sriram-photography etc......

u must have seen the program in raj tv.....

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nilavu, i dunno how can we ever compare ARR and IR's periods....i know u have list of 2million movies and 3 zillion songs composed by IR but that is not "golden period" as u think.....it was like micheal schumacher winning every race like a mad person.......there was IR from no.1 to 10 and some shankar-ganesh and deva at 11 which was very lean period....same goes to ARR period where ARR was blasting away at full force without any competition.....

i really think the period from 2001-present is the golden era of TFM with ARR declining, IR surprising with gud albums like azhagi, YSR,VS and HJ fighting ruthlessly for no.1 spot.....i wud hand it over to VS/YSR/HJ, i dunt think there was any period in TFM where there was so tough competition......i know u guys wud think i'm mad but it is a fact that 2001-2005 has seen the best competition in TFM......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi

again,its not mentioned by my,its by Vijay Tv,but dun think IR is best in everything,in somethings,ARR is better IR,u cant deny that!IR is not GOD to be perfect rite?

Nilavu,its not QUANTITY that matters,but QUALITY,see ARR just released 1 album this year & yet it is in the list of MOST TALKED & MOST POPULAR album of the year! that is ARR! i dun think ARR has released in any year more than 10 albums in TFM b4....(sorry coz i might be wrong,i was 4 y/o when Roja released),if im not mistaken 1999 was his most released albums (around 19 + hindi & dubbs).

speaking bout this...who is IR turn ARR fans here??
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast