Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long has this been in the refrigerator?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx for the tip Anju.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be sure never todo one thing with frozen grated coconuts.Never defreeze them and then again try to refreeze them.That will surely get spoilt.Ive seen it happen quite a few times.You can defreeze a good amount and use what ever you need and store the rest in the fridge(without freezing) for 3-4 days.That will not get spoilt.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thread but I'm not a great fan of frozen or refridgerated food. I always make fresh food- howmuchever limited time I have. I eat Bread & dal when time is really short.

Or a sandwich or cereals or fruit for lunch but never food that is refridgerated for more than a day. May be yes, the idli-dosa batter is an exception to this! I keep them for about 5 days.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Nice thread but I'm not a great fan of frozen or refridgerated food. I always make fresh food- howmuchever limited time I have. I eat Bread & dal when time is really short.

Or a sandwich or cereals or fruit for lunch but never food that is refridgerated for more than a day. May be yes, the idli-dosa batter is an exception to this! I keep them for about 5 days.
    I hate to refrigerate cooked food too, for more than a day. After getting these responses, I tried freezing dal, but used it up in 3-4 days. I don't tthink I will do it again. I also froze some vegetable curry and some cooked whole moong in two separate portions, its still in the freezer. I don't feel like to eat it. Its better to eat cereal or fruits rather than eating old food as you said. Maybe because we grew up in a time/place where refrigeration of cooked foods was not that common. My grandmother used refrigerator only for cooling drinks and keeping vegetables and fruits fresh. My mom keeps rice and other cooked food in fridge, but will use it the very next day. I have friends who refrigerate and freeze food for a very long time, one advantage is that they will always have something in their freezer to serve for the unexpected guests. But I don't think I can make it to practice.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My cousin sis who is a Doctor in States, keeps 100-200 Chappatis & various curries, labelled & packed in boxes in her freezer. She uses it within 6-9 months
    But she says, once it is heated in the microwave, its as good as new. I personally feel that the vegetables in the curry changes taste. . It loses its distinct flavour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12