Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramanujacharya - The great Philosopher and Social Reformer

Senior Member Devoted Hubber r_kk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, Mr. Sudhamma,
    I have no problem in leaving this thread. Please go ahead as you wish. I have lot of interest to hear the Indian history without mythification. Thats all I wanted. I don't have any other motives, which you assume. You have the full right to write for your specific readers. Go ahead.... But please aware that future generations may like to hear more of real past as history and heritage than superstitious stories.
    Netrikan thirapinum kutram kutrame...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r_kk
    Ok, Mr. Sudhamma,
    I have no problem in leaving this thread. Please go ahead as you wish. I have lot of interest to hear the Indian history without mythification. Thats all I wanted. I don't have any other motives, which you assume. You have the full right to write for your specific readers. Go ahead.... But please aware that future generations may like to hear more of real past as history and heritage than superstitious stories.
    Hello, r_kk,

Here in this history section, when talking about Ramanuja -- all the comment these Sanskrit propagandist can give is -- 'He is great, social refomer" with a spicy splach of myth - " he is the avartar of Adi sesham". Therefore disallowing fools to raise questions about their propaganda.

When what is expected more here would be, some quotes from his works - His life and time - some historical perspective. Ramanuja - is a Dualist - his ideasare very close to that of Siddhantam - though he prefered to call it Vedantam.

I would like to see more facts here than just myths and open-ended statements leading us no-where!

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam: Kindly understand that your post borders on hurting sentiments of many Hubbers who truly believe what you have denounced as "rubbish".

If you do not subscribe to any of the views expressed in this thread, you are free to not visit this thread. However, hurling irresponsible remarks such as "waste of space", "mad" and "rubbish" is not in order.

I hope you will let other points of view exist, and not solely yours alone.

I request you to kindly revisit your post and edit the offending words.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama Sir
    Can you please tell me about the three incidents which prove Ramanujar to be Adi Seshan avathar? I'm very interested.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhamaji or Viggop

Can you please give a brief history about the life of Ramanujacharya . Like where/when he was born. What was his family? What made him a social reformer.

There are a lot of people like me here who would like to know about the human behind these great names and then their phylosophies start to make sense.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    Sudhamaji or Viggop

Can you please give a brief history about the life of Ramanujacharya . Like where/when he was born. What was his family? What made him a social reformer.

There are a lot of people like me here who would like to know about the human behind these great names and then their phylosophies start to make sense.
    Glad .. Welcome.. To make it more interesting... even for any Commonman... let us proceed in the following approach.

... Salient Features of Ramanuja's Life.:

(1) Ramanuja was born at a Village SRI-PERUMPUDHOOR.. near Chennai.. as Adwaithi.. so called Smartha,,, Sankaracharya's disciple... Parents KESAVA SOMAYAJI and mother KANTHIMATHI... were childless until their intensive prayer to Parthasarathy deity at Thiruvallikkeni was gracefully answered... by the birth of Ramanuja..

(2) His first Guru was an Adhwaithi... YAADHAVA-PRAKASA... with whom Ramanuja resided at home for Gurukula Vaasam... .. at THIRUPPUTKUZHI village ...near Kanchipuram.... and learnt Vedas initial lessons..

(3) Guru Yaadhava-Prakasa in the course of teaching to a batch of students along with Ramanuja... interpreted the meaning of one Sanskrit word...KAPYAASAM ... that God's Eyes are similar to the Red-buttocks of Monkey. Ramanuja shed tears on hearing this cheap Simile. to a Diviinity.. When questioned, Ramanuja put forth the alternate meaning which alone can be applicable in this context... he said

" God's Eyes are similar to the Lotus-flower"..

.. on hearing which the Guru became furious that he was an Adhikaprasangi (Impertinent-goose).. who oversteps beyond the bounds of a student who has to just accept whatever the Guru teaches..

Ramanuja prayed the Guru for clarification on his preaching... which the Guru could not.. Whereas Ramanuja further elaborated on his perception of alternate meaning of the same word. This fact could not be denied by the Guru..

Thus the Teacher felt insulted before other students.. who may spread a bad image on the Scholar-Teacher... while Ramanuja may excel him as a better Scholarly Competitor- Teacher.. in the near future.

So he decided to kill the student Ramanuja, by drowning in the River Ganga... so that the Guru need not become a sinner by killing, while his purpose also can be served...

.. a Crooked sense of justification .for a malefic autocracy.

.. To Continue...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaamaji
    I thought the reference to monkey's back was made by Adi Sankara and ramanuja's guru just repeated it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viggop
    Sudhaamaji
    I thought the reference to monkey's back was made by Adi Sankara and Ramanuja's guru just repeated it?
    Yes... Some of the unbiased Philosophical Scholars say so.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    Sudhaamaji
    I thought the reference to monkey's back was made by Adi Sankara and Ramanuja's guru just repeated it?
    Interesting wonder how Adi Sankara got away with that.

Does this reflect any difference in their view on God? Adi Sankara showing gods presents in everything good or bad where as young (i assume the thinker in ramanuja is still blosoming at that stage) sees God only in Goods of the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    Sudhaamaji
    Interesting wonder how Adi Sankara got away with that.

Does this reflect any difference in their view on God? Adi Sankara showing gods presents in everything good or bad where as young (i assume the thinker in ramanuja is still blosoming at that stage) sees God only in Goods of the world.
    No. We should not take it in the angle of Good and Bad. Such an outlook has nothing to do here..

In fact... personally speaking, I do not believe that the Great Adhi Sankaracharya a Divine Awathara would have personally meant such a sickly sense..... Cannot be.

He was such an Invincible Scholar that many of the Controversies, Intricacies and Disputes on multiple Philosophies of the day he could unravel remarkably and solve amicably in a commonly convincing manner..

.. even independantly challenging and vehemently countering the various highly authoritative scholars of other Faiths and Sub- Religious Sects as well as Innumerable varieties of Beliefs ...in those days...

Thus corrected and put an end to several MUCH CONFUSIVE Theories and Philosophies... for a Commonman .of any time.

In his several other texts invariably, Sankaracharya has interpreted the word PANKAJA-LOCHANA another similar word on Vishnu... conveying its CORRECT AND PROPER meaning as Lotus-Eyed Narayana... in the true sense..

And Nowhere he has meant Lord Narayana's Eyes as MARKATAKA- PRISHTA- LOCHANA....(which means Monkey's-buttocks-eyed.)... as ridiculously described the word KAPYAASAM (KAPI + AASAM, Kapi = Monkey; Aasam + Buttocks)

His nuancic interpretations in Sahasranama- Bhashyam, Sankara- Bhashyam, Geetha- Bhashyam and the like,

... picturises his high intellectual GRANDEUR, which cannot stoop down so low to compare the divine Eyes with a dirty Simile... INCREDIBLE.! .

I take it... as the personal view and misinterpretation on his own by the Ramanuja's Guru, Yadhava-Prakasa, although an Adhwaithi disciple of Sankaracharya.

Further I do not relish to elaborate on this Cheap comparason with the Divinity... whoever may be the author concerned.

But I am prepared to describe on the other sense by Ramanuja... a healthy comparison ... if anybody asks for.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast