Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: IR concerts, TV shows and Interviews ...

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vyasar,

Could you email me the zip file to manulogics@yahoo.com.

The torrent site would not allow me to register.

Kind regards,
    Dorai

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not able to download

can anyobne help me plkease
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure if I have posted earlier about my take on the concert. I watched it recently.

I skipped the video bit of IR's bio and all the speeches. So just on the songs.

IR - Started off shaky in Janani but regained balance and did the song well. It was a nice moment seeing father and sons on stage together. Personally, I prefer not to listen to IR sing. There are some songs, that work alright with him. But on the whole, even though he may want to hear himself sing(I noticed his comments for Thiruvasagam Album), I think a large portion of the population would rather he give the chance to others so that the songs will have better repeat value. I must admit though, with the likes of YSR/ARR/Deva and every other MDs I hear, IR doesn't put me off as much as he did before. Even so, I wish he had kept his own performances to a minimum and showcased some wonderful songs others sang for him. Namely, SPB in albums like Payanangal Mudivathillai, Nizhalgal etc.

SPB - As always, great and I keep wondering how he can always praise others so humbly and even mention his own acheivements with such humility. Age has not yet affected his singer, though I noticed that there were changes made to Mandram Vantha.

Hariharan - For some reason, I rarely like him on stage. I skipped almost all his songs after a while, I think.

Sadna Sargam - Was very good. More than her own songs, I enjoyed her rendition of Shenbagame Shenbagame. I did not even feel that she wasn't the original singer. She hit every note right and expression right.

Shreya Ghosal - Ouch! All I can say is that she really is a very expressive singer. She got the emotions right, be it Virumandi song or Kaatril. But pronunciations killed Kaatril. Otherwise, she did do well, though I didn't know why she was waving her hands around some other antics that didn't make sense. Maybe, that's how IR teaches songs to people the younger generation. But apart from that, I have to say that Shreya has a really nice voice and is quite talented.

Chitra - Look at End.

Bhavatharani - I saw singer Sujatha in the audience. I wonder why IR need patronize his daughter so much that he would put her on stage and insult the audience when a fine singer like Sujatha was present in the audience. I would have gladly listened to Sujatha's songs for IR. She's had some good hits with him. Even otherwise, I would rather have seen her sing Janaki's numbers. I am sure that she would have done a much better job than Bhavatharani. Not only was S.Janaki not part of IR's biggest concert in TN, but she was insulted by having her work teared by Bhavatharani. IR, give chances to Swarnalatha, Manjari, Shreya, Mahati etc., but please, send Bhavatharani to learn to sing before you actually put her on stage to perform. Cutting and pasting will do fine in studios. But on stage? The biggest insult to female singers was her winning the national award. The only song that came out good with her on stage was Oliyilae, and that was largely due to Karthik. He hit it perfect, be it notes, expressions or his stage presence.

Karthik - Already mentioned him above. Nothing much left to say. Unfortunately, I couldn't bear the idea of listening to YSR(kasta kaalam) sing on stage, so I skipped the bit where Karthik sang with him. But I might not be wrong if I say that Karthik is how SPB probably was when he was in his 20's.

Manjari - I had no idea who she was until this show. She was pretty good. Too bad, I don't enjoy IR's voice, so I couldn't get too well into the songs she sang. The stage rendition of Naan Thedum lacked the Janaki punch and briskness of the original. Still, I love this song, so was happy with the encore. Also, enjoyed IR's throw-ons in the encore.

Mano - After a long time. He was really good. I liked his performance throughout. I think that he sang just 2 songs, but he did them as well as they were on cassette.

Swarnalatha - She did really well. I haven't seen her in so many years, in the media or stage shows. Still looks the same and sings well. She looked like she was struggling to hit the right pitches, though she got everything right. I suppose that's just the way she sings, because the voice came out perfectly for each note, expression etc. I liked her in Aathadi(SJ's song) and Maasi Maasam. I don't really listen to new songs, so don't know if she is present in them much, but I think that her being overshadowed by new singers show just how easily we can lose very talented singers.

Uma Ramanan - Highly underrated singer. How effortlessly she matched the notes and expressions of her classic hits. Reminded me so much of Janaki's stage singing. Absolutely no strain in her face for anything. And her voice is still the same as ever. Both her songs were a treat to listen too.

Vijay Yesudas - He was alright. I don't like to compare father and son. Vijay has a good soothing voice, though the gambeeram in his father's voice is not their yet. He did his part well though. He looked very at ease on stage, which was another good thing.

Jeyachandran - I love Rasathi song. On stage, the orchestra was excellent. But I felt the emotions in the original was missing.

Madhu Balakrishna - Was very good. Actually, one would thing that he was Yesudas's successor. His voice was more like Yesudas, and he hit every pitch, note and expression right for "Aaagaya Vennilaave". I loved this songs reproduction.

Thippu - Engayo Thappu. He seemed to be very nervous singing on stage with IR there. I have never seen him singing on stage, so maybe I might be wrong. To be truthful, the singing talent of the younger lot is not much to talk about, when they are not in the studio. So can't judge one way or other. But the song was okay.

Chithra - With S. Janaki not being present, everyone must admit at least now, that Chithra was the best female singer in the concert For once, I think I am not going to have bricks thrown at me by fellow dbers. Chithra just keeps getting better with time.

Ethetho Ennam - One of my personal favourites. But the mike was muted. Even then, I loved her rendition and the audience seemed to agree with me. This is one of her best early songs, where everything worked in perfect harmony to bring a great song.

Pothi Vacha Malligai - Wow! Normally, I feel that SJankaki's songs can't be reproduced by others as well(though, in this show, even Shreya got the mood right for Kaatril). As Chithra once said, every pitch and expression is different when SJ sings. Especially, her numbers for IR are like that I had once heard Chithra sing "maankuyile poonkuyile" for GA's show, and was not much impressed. But in Pothi Vacha, I felt that Chithra sounded so good that she eclipsed SJ. The stage reproduction was just great. Even my family members tuned in for this song and kept humming it. I was never fond of it when I heard it on tape or saw it on video. One of the few youthful romantic songs sung. You could see the quick change in Chithra's reaction(shy smile)once the second stanza started and she realized what she was singing. It was also funny to see SPB trying to rub IR's back I enjoyed their friendly on stage interaction.

Sundari - Another great reproduction. I liked this song as well. I think Chithra's voice keeps getting better with age. She sounded wonderful and hit all the notes perfectly. Janaki has a soprano voice and Chithra's is more of a Semi-alto(?), so going through all those ranges without straining herself shows her talent. SPB was great as well, I don't need to say anything about him

Oh Priya Priya - Again, a nice reproduction. Mano was very good. Chithra was excellent. This was probably the hardest reproduction as far as voice control. She has to go through so many ranges in pitch. And it was all perfectly done. I am wondering about the time the artists had to rehearse songs. Both Chithra and Mano looked somewhat nervous when they began singing and I noted that they were concentrating hard on getting everything right. Smile at the end of the song from both artists. Must have been relieved. Orchestra had a lot more to do in this song, and it sounded great. Loved the chorus singing bit, just because it has been so long since I have seen interactions between main singers and chorus.

Paadariyean Padipariyean - What can I right about this song? It's been written of so much. A bit slower than the original, but a great rendition. I should hunt for the violin player, wasn't amused with the error. There are some songs like this, that are just so great to hear because of their simple complexities(?!), that it's upsetting to hear the mistakes.

Ninnukori Varnam - Another perfect rendition, though there were changes in the instrumentation. What was all the smiling on stage about? Both Chithra and IR kept looking somewhere, and at one point, she seemed to shift the pace to suit tempo. Kept seeing Shivamani. On that note, I must say that I was suprised IR did not include Raja, Raajathi Raja from the same movie. It could have given the percussion players some more work

I wasn't too fond of the choice of songs. Especially the new ones. There was no need for Hariharan or Shreya to be up on the stage more frequently than SPB, especially for the audience that was there. What about SPB's classic hits for IR? Even Mano had some memorable songs. Hariharan, barring Ennai Thalatta Varuvala, didn't have that many memorable hits with IR. Note, I am saying memorable hits, not hit songs.

Somehow, it seemed that the songs seemed to cater the VIPs that were there. I didn't much like that either. Songs from Kamal and Maniratnam's movies were played more.

So on the whole, I would definitely recommend this show just to see IR at work on stage and his songs being sung.

I heard that he plans to do the show in other countries. I have been keeping an eye out for any news of him coming to Canada. It will definitely be one of th most memorable events in my life, for I would definitely be there.

Sidenote: SPB/SJ/Chitra have a show in Toronto in on April 15. The best Tamil New Year gift possible for me

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aruvi
    Sidenote: SPB/SJ/Chitra have a show in Toronto in on April 15. The best Tamil New Year gift possible for me
    can u post the details. if VV is not releasing, i will probably attend this.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can some one provide s with some link...

to watch this concert online.... p[leaseeeeee
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Post Thanks / Like
    The show is called "Ponmaalai Poluthu". It is on April 15th at 5:00pm. Ricoh Colliseum(about 8000 capacity?)at CNE grounds, Toronto.

SPB, SJ, Chithra, Madhu Balakrishna, and 2 other singers. It's going to be compered by the the guy who used to compere Lalithavin Paattuku Paatu(sorry, forget his name).

Tickets prices range for $20 to $30, I believe, for adults. And for children $15-$10.

I have seen ads for the show in most Tamil stores in TO and in the Tamil Newspapers. Not sure which ones though, just glanced at them. You may want to check into it for exact facts.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks aruvi.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody know if there is any concert by this group in USA, if they are in Canada, I wonder why there is none in USA,
    ayyo, idhu aerkanave theriyam poyiduche.....Toronto vukke plan panniruppaene..
    NJV write to us if u know anything
    Prabhudas
    Long Live Maestro and his immortal music

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Maestro's Live Concert held at Chennai

Dear Friends,

I am in the process of uploading the IR's Andrum Indrum Endrum Live Concert held in Chennai during October last year for the benefit of all our Maestro's fans. The video files (songs) are in MP4 format and can be played with DIVX Players / Windows media players with necessary codecs installed. I will try to upload 1 or 2 songs per day and give the links.

I am giving below the download links for 6 songs, which I have uploaded so far. Download and Enjoy..

Introduction Music

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...fb6afdc1d843c0

Janani Janani

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...7dd35c43d45fc9

Mandram vandha – mp4

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...eaee4815027db6

Enna Solli paduvatho:

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...fa889db0e6cf9c

Ennai thalata

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...5e5a4d3f741bf3

Mayil Pola

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...215b4fd1333d40

Long live IR.

With regards
    GG Vicky

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Maestro's Andrum Indrum Endrum

Friends,

I have today uploaded three wonderful songs (videos) for you, from Maestro's Live Concert. The links are :

Katril Endhan Geetham - Shreya Ghoshal

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...4476b0128567c9

Edhedho Ennam - Chithra

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...a46c365d02be33

Naan thedum Sevvanthipoo - Maestro (including the 'Once More' part)

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...9c17ce8d31ff2c

All the songs are converted by me from the VCR tape recorded from Jaya TV program.

Download and enjoy...

Thanks and regards

GG Vicky

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast