Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: IR concerts, TV shows and Interviews ...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Anyway, I think we should not get too serious about this and move on. We can just hope that they (all the artists) realise their mistakes and dont repeat them."

...at least these `mistakes' prove that the concert was not a fake with CD being played and everybody `lip-sync-ing' or `acting as though they were playing instruments'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    "Anyway, I think we should not get too serious about this and move on. We can just hope that they (all the artists) realise their mistakes and dont repeat them."

...at least these `mistakes' prove that the concert was not a fake with CD being played and everybody `lip-sync-ing' or `acting as though they were playing instruments'
    ... ....

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    >>>>>
    Hariharans actions also may be because of that reason.
    <<<<<

Nah...He tries to show off, and its quite obvious.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar,

You hit the bull's eye.
    Hariharan was not sincere on the stage that day ! People come to these concerts to hear the songs in the original form but sung live. Not to hear the singer's own versions or damages !

So you will destroy the song to show that you are really singing, not acting ?? Rubbish reasons
    SPB very well knows that IR would not like these things and behaved himself that day.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Shankar and raja-fan,

HH did not impress the audience as a great singer in the live concert.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all have heard and enjoyed the original songs in the movie and on the CD and it is natural for us to expect the same version on the stage too.

But, several singers have told me that as singers, they had to restrain themselves with the given version conceived by the MD at the recording, but as professionals, they do have their own version , given their musical talents, improvising on the original and many such singers choose and prefer to sing 'their' version at stage cocerts.

Sometmes, it clicks and sometimes may not!

More over, it is absolutely impossible to reproduce the original flavour on stage, given the various constraints, according to them.
    I think what HH did was also similar to that and I don't blame him for that. He is entitled to that.

After all, if you want the original version, one can always listen to the CD!

Post Thanks / Like
    "But, several singers have told me that as singers, they had to restrain themselves with the given version conceived by the MD at the recording"

More so, in the case of IR. SPB has mentioned it a few times.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    // I watched the first part last week and will have to watch it again today to determine if it was a goof up or another imaginary invention. //

i hope you have had enough opportunities the past two days to watch it...and since you have not posted anything on this topic i assume you did figure out that HH goofed up...i understand if your ego does not permit you from accepting so in this forum...

//I dont remember HH and Saadhana making any embarassing mistakes like the one Shreya did. //

how does it it matter if it is embarassing or not...and whether you remember it or not doesnt really matter either...HH is far more experienced than Shreya, he sung songs which he has recorded before for IR...and how can he not know when to start singing his lines...i hope you are not giving excuses for HH's goofup just like i did for shreya's )...

//As for rating or determining goofs, I dont have to do it, the audience and IR did it in the show itself.//

well i was just pointing out what you did...i.e. rate the goofups in terms of blatancy...and the whole thing is a sliding scale...i dont really care about what IR or the audience think because you and me are the ones discussing this...BTW most of the audience here in this forum have expressed their disappoval of HH's performance in the concert in general, if at all it means anything...

//Also your earlier claim for HH being incompetent were based on his improvs which was clearly your preference and nothing to do with any singing goofups//

oh yes...i still think his improvs were incompetent...the goof ups just embellish the incompetence...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thops, since you were missing in action here the past 2 days after my post, I did'nt reply further. But before you jump to any conclusions:

I did watch the programme again right now and IR clearly signals to HH to start singing at that point. HH starts off singing softly and then again sings the same words louder without even looking at IR. Clearly not any goofup on his part. If he had goofed he would have started singing loudly straightaway and wouldhave had to repeat it again. If you think that was a goofup you would have to blame IR the conductor, not HH.

"i hope you are not giving excuses for HH's goofup just like i did for shreya's "

definitely not, most of your allegations are imaginary, although I do agree that you are trying to hard to find excuses for Shreya. That you have agreed to doing it openly doesnt change anything.

".i dont really care about what IR or the audience think"

I do care, since we dont seem to agree, IR can be the standard of refernce here. The composer had to issue almost a public apology on Shreya's behalf and ask for the audience's forgiveness while the singer didnt even acknowledge her goof almost brushing it off aside playfully.

"well i was just pointing out what you did...i.e. rate the goofups in terms of blatancy...and the whole thing is a sliding scale"

thats fine, I wont feel bad for rating. After all evaluation is relative. If HH was incompetent because of his improvs(which you didnt like) then IR shouldnt even have been on the stage since he had one shruthi loss after another. Yet you would argue that his voice had "character" and what not. Even SPB wasnt flawless. Clearly off atleast in a couple of places.

"BTW most of the audience here in this forum have expressed their disappoval of HH's performance"

you dont care how what the entire audience reacted in that stadium, but you care about the opinions of 2 or 3 people here? funny.

"oh yes...i still think his improvs were incompetent"

keep thinking,that doesnt mean anything.It could probably mean your incompetence, as a listener

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    // Clearly not any goofup on his part. If he had goofed he would have started singing loudly straightaway and wouldhave had to repeat it again. If you think that was a goofup you would have to blame IR the conductor, not HH. //

now you are saying IR is responsible for HH's screw up...why not just blame it on GOD...i thought you were the one who said one cannot give excuses for screwing up...

//keep thinking,that doesnt mean anything.It could probably mean your incompetence, as a listener//

appada...i was waiting for this...a very convenient exit strategy...nice try again...

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast