Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ ARYA ~ and his Movies

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha
    Kamal himself has advised Arya to be careful in selecting such risky roles...after seeing Vattaram..
    What kamal told was not to take unnecessary risks when doing such dangerous action scenes....

i guess the heroine being mad on arya was a very bad mistake but other than that the movie was slick and stylish...but i dunt see any illogic in the gun trading deal....thats what happens in the underworld....fake on the outside real in the inside.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]VATTARAM – A Review

Another Deepavali movie beginning with the letter V, after Varalaru and Vallavan.
    Yet another three hour movie!
    Cinema had less than 20 people and although it was rated 18, I saw at least two kids.

The story of Vattaaram (Territory) is simply of revenge and can be easily described as “kooda irundhu kuzhi pariththal” The difference from other similar movies is the treatment given by Director Saran and Arya, in a role seemingly tailor-made for him.

Nassar works as a chauffer for business tycoon Gurupaadham (Napolean). When Nassar and his son junior Arya are caught sleeping on Napolean’s chair (described as ariyasanam!) they are beaten and chased out of the house. Unable to handle the humiliation, Nassar commits suicide, but not before extracting a promise from his son that one day he should be sitting on the Ariyasanam. How Arya (named Burma!) gains entry into Gurupadham’s circle, becomes his faithful and seeks revenge forms the crux of the movie. In the process, Guru’s daughter naturally falls in love with Arya to allow us to feast some beauties among the beasts.

The methods employed by Arya to remove Guru’s people is interesting enough and sets the stage for some thrilling moments. However, right from the word go, Saran serves too much of everything resulting in overdoses of killings, fights, songs, etc and eventually a 3 hour movie. Arya does his role well except for some instances when his voice does not match the aggression in his actions.
    Heroine looks like the late actress Soundarya and is very pleasant to the eyes. The movie also features a host of TV serial stars and after a while becomes a spot the star game.

I read somewhere that Vattaram is supposed to be another Bharadwaj extravaganga. However, neither the songs are popular nor did they impress on screen. I don’t know whether they will impress upon repeated hearings.

Overall Vattaram is a decent movie worth at least a watch.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arya in or out?
    IndiaGlitz [Saturday, November 11, 2006]

Director Bala is known for keeping details close to his heart. The acclaimed director, who has so far directed movies including Sethu, Nandha and Pithamagan, was all set to commence Naan Kadavul.

Initially, Bala was supposed to cast Ajith in the lead role. When everything was set for Naan Kadavul to go to floors, a section of the press carried reports that Bala has shown red card to Arya and has gone back to his lucky mascot Vikram, who is currently shooting for Bheema.

Though producer P L Thenappan brushed aside the reports as mere rumors, speculations were rife that Vikram would replace Arya.

Finally it was up to Bala to clear all confusion. The director on Friday put an end to all speculation. He categorically denied any idea to replace Arya.

'We have completed the photo shoot and everything is in store to commence shooting. The recent rain had played spoilsport on commencing the shooting'.

He said that Vikram met him on a personal basis.

Naan Kadavul will be shot in places like Kasi, he added.

----------

....Make up your mind already!.... ... ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha
    Kamal himself has advised Arya to be careful in selecting such risky roles...after seeing Vattaram..
    What kamal told was not to take unnecessary risks when doing such dangerous action scenes....

i guess the heroine being mad on arya was a very bad mistake but other than that the movie was slick and stylish...but i dunt see any illogic in the gun trading deal....thats what happens in the underworld....fake on the outside real in the inside.
    I think he would have meant about the expression part... Arya's emoting is all the more same in all his movies... i think he needs to work on emoting Voice modulation too is not upto the mark... Otherwise he is a hunk with pretty good acting skills ....

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No revival for past one month

Sinthiya, this is very bad

Bala-Arya in Kasi!

By Moviebuzz

At last, Bala has started the shoot of the crucial scenes of Njan Kadavul in the Hindu holy town of Benaras (Varanasi) on the banks of Ganga, early on Tuesday (Dec 5) morning.

Varanasi in Kasi is deeply associated with Ganga River. Bala’s Njan Kadavul is about an atheist who initially mocks at Hindu religion and transforms into a holy man after he visits Kasi! Bala has also brought nearly 300 Tamil speaking sadhus from Chennai (see pic) to Varanasi for the shoot as junior artists.

For the last one week, prior to the shoot, Arya was doing rehearsals on how he should walk, talk, his posture and look of the character. He practiced yoga and meditation and completely got transformed into the character that he is doing. He even learned slokas and was reciting Shambo Mahadeva…Har Har Mahadev Ki Jai!

Njan Kadavul is going to be a path breaking film and Bala is fully immersed in it. He is a gutsy director and is perhaps the first director to get permission to shoot in the holy city.

Remember that the internationally acclaimed director Mira Nair could not get permission to shoot her controversial Water here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bala, a gutsy director? ok.

But will he have the guts to mock at any other religion than hinduism?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smith
    Bala, a gutsy director? ok.

But will he have the guts to mock at any other religion than hinduism?

Of all the posts u made i like this one :P

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, he made sense. This is a memorable day in my hubbing career; I've marked it in my calender.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imsai
    Finally, he made sense. I've marked this memorable day in my hubbing career

Post Thanks / Like
    According to U guys, jalra adichifying ajith is sense & other comments are nonsense.

Then, how come this compliment?

Ajith fans sure are an amusement to this thread.

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast