Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagesh - Incomparable Legend

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    It always seemed to me that Manorama and Nagesh complimented each other, and seemed to add lustre to each other's part!! Countless movies, including Anubhavi R A, Saraswathi Sabatham!!

And my fav dialog in Thiruvilayadal...

"Ungala maathiri naalu peru...uh hmm...neenga ortharey pothum!!!"

the Dialogue goes like this :

PAATU EYUDHI PER VANGUM PULAVARGAL IRUKIRAARGAL... KUTRAM KANDUPITIDHEY PER VANGUM PULAVARGALUM IRUKIRAARGAL.....
    IDHIL NEER ENDHA PIRIVAI SERNDHAVAR ENDRU UNGALUKKEY THERIUM ENRU NINAIKIREN....
    UMMAI MADHIRI ERUVAR... VENDAM NEER ORUVARAY PODHUM... ULAGAM URRUPADUM..... EDHAI MUDINDHAL MANNARIDAM SOLLAVUM....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkrv
    a great portrayal as a deadbody in MAgalir mattum

He's a born actor
    Yes in Magalir mattum..... Nagesh's face will show a smile ....which he will maintain till end....

Nagesh , even without reactions in that movie... showed that he can entertain us...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Balaji
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkrv
    a great portrayal as a deadbody in MAgalir mattum

He's a born actor
    Yes in Magalir mattum..... Nagesh's face will show a smile ....which he will maintain till end....

Nagesh , even without reactions in that movie... showed that he can entertain us...
    yeah.....thats really outstanding....a naughty smile that will continue long in the same way...

Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]1 year back, I saw a programme in TV. Not sure whether its Podhigai or Sun… A small function to honour Nagesh. Those who were present in the dias…. KB, Srikanth , Vietnam Veedu Sundaram, Parthiban ( apart from Nagesh ).
    KB was all praise for Nagesh… He went on to say that… at times he could see Nagesh in him and him in Nagesh… He acknowledged that Nagesh was the best comedian he had come across…and both had some wonderful moments together… in various movies and highlighted a few like … Edhir neechal, Bama Vijayam..etc etc..and he said NAANUM NAGESHUM SERNDHU IRUNDHA NAATKAL ELLAM MARAKAMUDIYAADHAVAI…..
    It was sad to note that none of the present generation of actors were present to honour him… The only exception was Parthiban… KB appreciated Parthiban openly in the dias and said that despite the tight schedule its nice to see Parthiban take care to attend the function…
    Nagesh was virtually in tears when he took the mike… He shared all the great moments he had in life… It was an emotional moment

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of weeks back I saw a programme on Nagesh on Vijay TV. I like Vijay TV's interviews, they don't bother showing the interviewer or questions, just the interviewee and the answers. The content is a cut above the rest because the questions go beyond "mudhal mudhalla camera munnaadi ninnappo eppidi irunndhudhu . Or just an interview as a pretext to screen scenes.

Coming back, the interviewees were Kamal,KB, Rajini and a loopy V.S.Raghavan. I think it was a retelecast as Kamal still had the Virumandi moustache and KB was clean shaven. The most memorable was Kamal quoting how he used to hate Nagesh initially as in his initial KB days whenever KB was displeasd with his performance he used to shout "idhuvE nAgeshA irundhA eppidi paNNiruppAn theriyumaa ! "

Don't miss it if is re-re-telecast, Vijay does that all the time.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Balaji
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    It always seemed to me that Manorama and Nagesh complimented each other, and seemed to add lustre to each other's part!! Countless movies, including Anubhavi R A, Saraswathi Sabatham!!

And my fav dialog in Thiruvilayadal...

"Ungala maathiri naalu peru...uh hmm...neenga ortharey pothum!!!"

the Dialogue goes like this :

PAATU EYUDHI PER VANGUM PULAVARGAL IRUKIRAARGAL... KUTRAM KANDUPITIDHEY PER VANGUM PULAVARGALUM IRUKIRAARGAL.....
    IDHIL NEER ENDHA PIRIVAI SERNDHAVAR ENDRU UNGALUKKEY THERIUM ENRU NINAIKIREN....
    UMMAI MADHIRI ERUVAR... VENDAM NEER ORUVARAY PODHUM... ULAGAM URRUPADUM..... EDHAI MUDINDHAL MANNARIDAM SOLLAVUM....
    yes... really good...

Senior Member Regular Hubber Kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Kumar, long time no see!
    Hi PR. Have been lurking around but haven't made many posts in the last couple of weeeks. I'll get back into the swing of things. I'm constantly being interrupted by this thing called 'work'.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    great thread, joe!!

one superb nagesh scene that comes immediately to my mind is from 'Kadhalikka Neramillai' where nagesh & balaiya arrive at muthuraman's place at the same time and are waiting to see the big man ... their conversation progresses (with increasing levels of irritation on both sides) to this point:

Balaiya: unna mAdhiri oru pullaiya petthEnE, yen buddhiya serruppAla adikkaNum, serruppAla!
    Nagesh: ungala mAdhiri oru appanukku pullaiyA porandhEnE, yen buddhiya yedhAla adikkaNum? illa, kEkkarEn ...
    Balaiya: nAn adiccha seruppa kizha pOdarEn, adhai thookki adicchikO !!!

hilarious!!

hey PR, kumar!
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsri
    great thread, joe!!

one superb nagesh scene that comes immediately to my mind is from 'Kadhalikka Neramillai' where nagesh & balaiya arrive at muthuraman's place at the same time and are waiting to see the big man ... their conversation progresses (with increasing levels of irritation on both sides) to this point:

Balaiya: unna mAdhiri oru pullaiya petthEnE, yen buddhiya serruppAla adikkaNum, serruppAla!
    Nagesh: ungala mAdhiri oru appanukku pullaiyA porandhEnE, yen buddhiya yedhAla adikkaNum? illa, kEkkarEn ...
    Balaiya: nAn adiccha seruppa kizha pOdarEn, adhai thookki adicchikO !!!

hilarious!!

hey PR, kumar!
    Great.... Wish to complete the dialogue...

VENDAAMPAA... APPURAM.... SERUPAALA ADIPAATTA KUDUMBAMNU ELLAARUM SOLVANGAAA !!

Again its timing from Nagesh...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast