Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagesh - Incomparable Legend

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagesh - Incomparable Legend

This forum is full of dicussions on heros only ..Tamil film is not only heroes .I invite all of you to dicuss about the legendry actor Nagesh ..Nagesh is not only greatest comedian of Tamil Films ,but an outstanding 'Gunachithra' actor.

Huge list of Nagesh's remarakable comedie scenes to be mentioned ..Just for one example ..I take Dharumi role in 'Thiruvilayaadal' ..In a question answer session between Nadigar Thilagam and Nagesh ..you can realise how gifted actor nagesh is ..Undoubtfully nobody can match nadigar thilagam except nagesh in that scene.

In 'Guna Chithram ' Nagesh excelled in movies like 'Neer Kumizi' ,'Ethir Neechal' ,'Bhama Vijayam' etc (mostly KB movies).

Kamal Hassan respects Nagesh after Nadigar Thilagam.

Guys..Lets us discuss favourite comedies ,Guna chithra scenes of Great NAGESH.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Mr. Joe

You brought a real legendery artist to the light. The people of Tamil nadu, who are watching movies for nearly 45 years, well know about the great Nagesh and his tremendous performances in all rolls, like Comedian, Villain, Hero, Charector artist etc. There are very very few af the artists talnted like him.

Same like Shivaji, Nagesh also remembered with his charector names. For example:
    Thiruvilaiyaadal 'Dharumi'
    Kaathalikka Neramillai 'Director Chellapa'
    Otty varai uravu 'Dr.Thirupathy'
    Thillaana Mohanambaal 'Vaithi'
    Savaley Samaali 'Chinna Pannai'
    Server Sundaram.... etc.

As a comedian his performance in "something wonderful" (remember dialogue of Kaathlikka Neramillai). The scene in which he was telling a thrilling story to his dad Balaiya is still enjoyable even you watched it more than hundered times (same like Thiruvilaiyaadal). It is one among the 'saagaa varam petra comedy' like Thangavalu's "Ezhuthaalar Bhairavan" (Kalyaanamparisu) and Gountamani-Sethil's "Banana Comedy" (karakatakaran)

It is a nice thread to discuss about the multiple talents of great Nagesh. But a nice request. Please discuss about Nagesh only. Please dont compare
    Nagesh with Surulirajan
    Nagesh with Gountamani
    Nagesh with Vadivelu...etc.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My all time favourite comedy actor is Nagesh.

He is the best among all comedy actors including Thanga velu and chandra babu.

He prooved his talent not only in comed and charactor also.

When I heard that Nagesh would be main villain in Aboorva sahodararhal, I totally shocked and thought that Movie would be defenitely flob.

but he did well that charactor also.

in the climax scene his dialogue was superb.

'ennangada muzhusa kondu vaangadana paadhiya kondu vandhu irukkengha'.

'yaruda jamabu(when kamal called the elephant), avanayium thookki ulle podunga' etc.

some of My favourite Nagesh movies are.

1)Edhir neechal
    2)sarvar sundaram
    3)paama vijayam
    4)Anbe vaa
    5)kalatta kalyanam.
    6)kadhalikka neramillai
    7)Enga veettu pillai
    8)soppu seeppu kannadi
    9)Thiruvilaiyadal
    10)parisu.
    11)panathottam.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber cellvi2003's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    who can forget his character in NAMMAVAR.
    If there ever comes a day When we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some performances from the legend Nagesh which come to my mind immediately
    1. Dharumi in Thiruvilayadal: His monologue in the Sokkanadhar temple is the ultimate in comedy.
    2. Nammavar
    3. Magalir Mattum: He is DEAD right [although this scene was inspired from an English film, i've seen the original scene adn the hollywood actor who played the corpse was nowhere close to our Nagesh]
    4. MMKR
    5. Aboorva Sagodharargal

Post Thanks / Like
    Once Nagesh told in a TV interview about the 'Dharumi' roll in Thiruvilaiyadal.

Before shooting that scene, Shivaji told Nagesh: "Dey. Idhu romba mukkiyamaana scene. Nee romba gavanamaa pannanum"

After movie completed and when he watched in preview theatre Shivaji told: " Adapaavi, indha scenela naan irukkira idamey theriyaama pannitiyeda"

Nagesh told in that TV interview: "Shivaji avargalin indha vaarthai enakku kidaitha miga periya paaraattu".

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagesh in Server Sundaram

My favourite Nagesh movie will be SERVER SUNDARAM…

Nagesh played a complete role in this movie…

Actually he was the real hero and not Muthuraman….

The entire story will revolve around Nagesh…

Its all about an ordinary man who works as a Hotel Server and who has acting aspirations…. How he manages to swim tough waters and come out successful in life…

In between there will be lots of melodrama like…… falling in love with KRVijaya … a failed love … and ultimately realizes that his best friend Muthuraman was the guy whom KRV had fallen love and gracefully gives up….
    He will give a wry smile and tell KRV that AFTER ALL I LOST TO MY GOOD FRIEND ONLY…. IT DOESN’T MATTER….

The way he presents himself before the producer … while in pursuit of a chance for acting…. Tremendous… Only Nagesh can do that….

The intial stages of Nagesh …. And the few scenes with an established actress Manorama ( in that movie )…. All were wonderfully picturised….. While Nagesh will be hungry… Manorama will be given juice…etc etc and will be well taken care but Nagesh will be ignored…..and how he quickly adjusts himself to the situation………

The memorable song of the Legend MSV….. AVALUKKENNA… Nagesh will display his dancing prowess…… Unforgettable song…… Nagesh will be at his best…..

Finally the melodrama….. losing his beloved mother while acting for a similar scene and his reaction once he hears the news of his mother’s end……..

NAGESH IS GOD’S GIFT TO CINEMA INDUSTRY…. HE IS ANOTHER LEGEND….

As Saradhajee rightly pointed out…. We should not spoil this thread by drawing parallels with other Giants…….. BECAUSE NAGESH IS NAGESH…….

Joe hats off to you... for opening a wonderful thread....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarpet_andavan
    Some performances from the legend Nagesh which come to my mind immediately
    1. Dharumi in Thiruvilayadal: His monologue in the Sokkanadhar temple is the ultimate in comedy.
    2. Nammavar
    3. Magalir Mattum: He is DEAD right [although this scene was inspired from an English film, i've seen the original scene adn the hollywood actor who played the corpse was nowhere close to our Nagesh]
    4. MMKR
    5. Aboorva Sagodharargal
    Alwarpet...

Nammavar, MMKR, Aboorva..... ALL UNGA THALAIVAR PADAM... Adhanaal udanadiyaaga ninaivukku varugiradhaaa...

Please see the movie....SERVER SUNDARAM...

and also Edhir neechal..... and also Neer Kumizi..

By the way, in Nammavar... I enjoyed the comment when Nagesh crosses over a broken tube light which was lying in the road.... ( due to college galatta )... Kamal will hurriedly caution Nagesh... PAATHU PONGA.... Immediately Nagesh will shot back.. by saying.... PAATHU POGANUM ENBADHARKAAGA THAAN... TUBE LIGHTI POTIRUKAANGA.... and he will casually jump over the tube light and move away....

Post Thanks / Like
    Nagesh in Thilaana moganaambal !!!!!!!!!

A milestone in his great career...........

I will soon post a big one .........

Post Thanks / Like
    First I like to thank to Joe who has started a good threat on a great artist.

Wonderful actor. Kamal is using Nagesh often in his films. He is in the leading row containing Shivaji, Kamal, MR Radha, Kaka, etc. Comedy role, Character role, Villion Role (Apoorva Sagatharargal), appa, thatha and many manay characters he has done perfect.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast