Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayn Rand's Fountain Head

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found this discussion very intresting!! i've always wanted to participate in book-clubs and it is very enlightening to hear different views about the same book. Like everyone here, I was very impressed with the style of the book and AR's ideas. Cant say it affected me personally though..a book is a book!!

Has anyone read any of AR's other books besides FH and AS? Those two are her most popular books. No one has ever recommended any of her other books to me though. Wonder if they are the same or will make an intresting read too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think these were the only notable "epics" written by her. After Atlas Shrugged she turned to writing philosophical writings, obviously in support of her objectivism. Before Fountainhead she has written some short plays I guess .
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    TV : thnx for ur info

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    started 'Atlas shrugged'...think I'm gonna drop the book anytime now before I go crazy...

Post Thanks / Like

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it true that Ayn Rand ended up in a sanitorium?anyways, i'm not surprised..

Junior Member Junior Hubber Mystic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think Ayn Rand's style of prose in Fountain Head was unique, and the ideas expounded by her are certainly thought provoking
    Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Robert Frost

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you like the characterisation of Dominique in 'Fountain head'?
    I really don't get Rand's idea of genius.If they are supposed to be some special breed, feeling aliented from humans,why does she need to write a book which will be read by a mass, whom she thinks unfit to taste it?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by atomhouse
    started 'Atlas shrugged'...think I'm gonna drop the book anytime now before I go crazy...
    Better do it!
    I read her AS last month. Wasted my time on reading that book, could have read something else

I aint that smart to understand her message(or whatever) in that book!
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by atomhouse
    How do you like the characterisation of Dominique in 'Fountain head'?
    I really don't get Rand's idea of genius.If they are supposed to be some special breed, feeling aliented from humans,why does she need to write a book which will be read by a mass, whom she thinks unfit to taste it?
    Atomhouse, I think it also works otherway around. Coz, most of us define intelligence based upon our intellect as a benchmark, which we tend to over-rate most of the times. Thus by addressing to us and at the same time by establishing that intellectuals are her audience, she is able to fuel our delusion and make us beleive that we are intellectuals. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt... but I think, that is the USP of her novels .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast