Post Thanks / Like
    vaasi : tak tak !

( thnk u )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Friends are God's way of taking care of us."

This was written by a Hospice of Metro Denver physician.

I just had one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and wanted to share it with my family and dearest friends:

I was driving home from a meeting this evening about 5, stuck in traffic on Colorado Blvd., and the car started to choke and splutter and die - I barely managed to coast, cursing, into a gas station, glad only that I would not be blocking traffic and would have a somewhat warm spot to wait for the tow truck. It wouldn't even turn over. Before I could make the call, I saw a woman walking out of the "quickie mart" building, and it looked like she slipped on some ice and fell into a Gas pump, so I got out to see if she was okay.

When I got there, it looked more like she had been overcome by sobs than that she had fallen; she was a young woman who looked really haggard with dark circles under her eyes. She dropped something as I helped her up, and I picked it up to give it to her. It was a nickel.

At that moment, everything came into focus for me: the crying woman, the ancient Suburban crammed full of stuff with 3 kids in the back (1 in a car seat), and the gas pump reading $4.95.

I asked her if she was okay and if she needed help, and she just kept saying "I don't want my kids to see me crying," so we stood on the other side of the pump from her car. She said she was driving to California and that things were very hard for her right now. So I asked, "And you were praying?" That made her back away from me a little, but I assured her I was not a crazy person and said, "He heard you, and He sent me."

I took out my card and swiped it through the card reader on the pump so she could fill up her car completely, and while it was fueling, walked to the next door McDonald's and bought 2 big bags of food, some gift certificates for more, and a big cup of coffee. She gave the food to the kids in the car, who o attacked it like wolves, and we stood by the pump eating fries and talking a little.

She told me her name, and that she lived in Kansas City. Her boyfriend left 2 months ago and she had not been able to make ends meet. She knew she wouldn't have money to pay rent Jan 1, and finally in desperation had finally called her parents, with whom she had not spoken in about 5 years. They lived in California and said she could come live with them and try to get on her feet there.

So she packed up everything she owned in the car She told the kids they were going to California for Christmas, but not that they were going to live there.

I gave her my gloves, a little hug and said a quick prayer with her for safety on the road. As I was walking over to my car, she said, "So, are you like an angel or something?"

This definitely made me cry. I said, "Sweetie, at this time of year angels are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people."

It was so incredible to be a part of someone else's miracle. And of course, you guessed it, when I got in my car it started right away and got me home with no problem. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow to check, but I suspect the mechanic won't find anything wrong.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not only our technical knowledge helps, but also the presence of mind and the right answer at right time.

Even if u don't know the answer for a question just confuse the questioner

Question and the Answer given by UPSC Candidates oh sorry they are IAS Officers now.

Q.How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
    A. Concrete floors are very hard to crack! (UPSC
    Topper)

Q.If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?
    A. No time at all it is already built. (UPSC 23 Rank
    Opted for IFS)

Q.If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?
    A. Very large hands.(Good one) (UPSC 11 Rank Opted for IPS)

Q. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
    A. It is not a problem, since you will never find! an elephant with one hand. (UPSC Rank 14 Opted for IES)

Q. How can a man go eight days without sleep?
    A. No Probs , He sleeps at night. (UPSC IAS Rank 98)

Q. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
    A. It will Wet or Sink as simple as that. (UPSC IAS
    Rank 2)

Q. What looks like half apple ?
    A : The other half. (UPSC - IAS Topper )

Q. What can you never eat for breakfast ?
    A : Dinner.

Q. What happened when wheel was invented ?
    A : It caused a revolution.

Q. Bay of Bengal is in which state?
    A : Liquid (UPSC 33Rank )

Interviewer said "I shall either ask you ten easy
    questions or one really difficult question.

Think well before you make up your mind!" The boy
    thought for a while and said, "my choice is one really
    difficult question."

"Well, good luck to you, you have made your own
    choice! Now tell me this. "What comes first, Day or
    Night?"

The boy was jolted into reality as his admission
    depends on the correctness of his answer,
    but he thought for a while and said,
    "It's the DAY sir!"

"How" the interviewer asked,

"Sorry sir, you promised me that you will not ask me a
    SECOND difficult question!"

He was selected for IIM!

"Technical Skill is the mastery of complexity, while
    Creativity is the master of presence of mind"

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very intelligent answers! what originality & imagination! It is heartening to see such talent around us!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    good ones..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea good ones Sri! Cheers for those clever guys!
    Many of these qsns. also show how stupid interviewers @ jobs can be tho....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A policeman was testing 3 brothers who were training to become detectives.

To test their skills in recognizing a suspect, he shows the first one a picture for 5 seconds and then hides it. "This is your suspect, how would you recognize him?"

The first one answers, "That's easy; we'll catch him fast because he only has one eye!" The policeman says, "Well...uh...that's because the picture I showed is his side profile."

Slightly flustered by this ridiculous response, he flashes the picture for 5 seconds at the second one and asks him, "This is your suspect, and how would you recognize him?"

The second one smiles and says, "Ha! He'd be too easy to catch because he only has one ear!" The policeman angrily responds,
    "What's the matter with you two? Of course only one eye and one ear are showing because it's a picture of his side profile! Is that the best answer you can come up with?"

Extremely frustrated at this point, he shows the picture to the third one and in a very testy voice asks, "This is your suspect, how would you recognize him?

He quickly adds, "Think hard before giving me a stupid answer." He looks at the picture intently for a moment and says, "The suspect wears contact lenses." The policeman is surprised and speechless because he really doesn't know himself if the suspect wears contacts or not. "Well, that's an interesting answer. Wait here for a few minutes while I check his file and I'll get back to you on that." He leaves the room and goes to his office, checks the suspect's file in his computer, and comes back with a beaming smile on his face.

"Wow! I can't believe it. It's TRUE! The suspect does in fact wear contact lenses. Good work! How were you able to make such an astute observation?"

"That's easy," he replied. "He can't wear regular glasses because he only has one eye and one ear."
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one pp ma'm!
    Altho uh, shudnt this one be in the jokes thread?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PP amma
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Experience Matters

Ever heard the story of the giant ship engine that failed? The ship's owners tried one expert after another, but none of them could figure but how to fix the engine. Then they brought in an old man who had been fixing ships since he was a youngster. He carried a large bag of tools with him, and when he arrived, he immediately went to work. He inspected the engine very carefully, top to bottom.

Two of the ship's owners were there, watching this man, hoping he would know what to do. After looking things over, the old man reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer. He gently tapped something. Instantly, the engine lurched into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed! A week later, the owners received a bill from the old man for ten thousand dollars.

"What?!" the owners exclaimed. "He hardly did anything!"

So they wrote the old man a note saying, "Please send us an itemized bill."

The man sent a bill that read:

Tapping with a hammer ........................ $ 2.00
    Knowing where to tap ............................ $ 9998.00

Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort in your life makes all the difference.

Thatturadhu mukkiyam illa...Engga thattanum nu therinju thattanum

Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast