Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Anecdotes

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Appo naa 3 generations thaan...we are still safe then.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There once was a King who offered a prize to the artist who would paint the best picture of peace. Many artists tried. The King looked at all the pictures, but there were only two he really liked, and he had to choose between them.

One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a perfect mirror for peaceful towering mountains were all around it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. All who saw this picture thought that it was a perfect picture of peace.

The other picture had mountains too. But these were rugged and bare. Above was an angry sky from which rain fell, in which lightening played. Down the side of the mountain tumbled a foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful at all.

Which picture do you think won the prize?

The King chose the second picture. Do you know why?

When the King saw, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny bush growing in a crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird had built her nest. There, in the midst of the rush of angry water, sat the mother bird on her nest .... in perfect peace.

The King explained, "Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart. That is the real meaning of peace."
    Heavenly ~ Newzealand

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes...that is something all humans need to preach...it can be similarly termed as keeping your cool during volatile circumstances..brilliant..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hi
    Today is special day in our life time.

Just in case you wanted to know this.

Today, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning, the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

That won't ever happen again in our lifetime In fact it will be approx. 400 generations before it happens again.

May the 4th be with you!!!!!
    Ohh....too bad I'd already slept off at tat time..!
    Normally i'm awake past 1.30 or even 2am....but last night got a good sleep!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The story is told of the most famous elephant in the world -- a huge, beautiful and gentle beast named Bozo. Children extended open palms filled with peanuts for the Indian elephant, who gently plucked them from little hands and seemed to smile as he ate his treats.

But one day, for some inexplicable reason, Bozo changed. He almost stampeded the man who cleaned his cage. He charged children at the circus and became incorrigible. His owner knew he would have to destroy the once-gentle giant.

In order to raise money for a new elephant, the circus owner held a cruel exhibition. He sold tickets to witness Bozo's execution and, on the appointed day, his arena was packed. Three men with high-powered rifles rose to take aim at the great beast's head.

Just before the signal was given to shoot, a little, stubby man in a brown hat stepped out of the crowd and said to the elephant's owner, "Sir, this is not necessary. Bozo is not a bad elephant."

"But he is," the man argued. "We must kill him before he kills someone."

"Sir, give me two minutes alone in his cage," the visitor pleaded, "and I'll prove to you that you are wrong. He is not a bad elephant."

After a few more moments of discussion (and a written statement absolving the circus of liability if the man should be injured), the keeper finally agreed to allow the man inside Bozo's cage. The man removed his brown derby and entered the cage of the bellowing and trumpeting beast.

Before the elephant could charge, the man began to speak to him. Bozo seemed to immediately quiet down upon hearing the man's words. Nearby spectators could also hear the man, but they could not understand him, for he spoke a foreign language. Soon the great animal began to tremble, whine and throw his head about. Then the stranger walked up to Bozo and stroked his trunk. The great elephant tenderly wrapped his trunk around the man, lifted him up and carried him around his cage before carefully depositing him back at the door. Everyone applauded.

As the cage door closed behind him, the man said to Bozo's keeper, "You see, he is a good elephant. His problem is that he is an Indian elephant and understands one language." He explained that Bozo was frustrated and confused. He needed someone who could speak his language. "I suggest, sir, that you find someone in London to come in occasionally and talk to the elephant. If you do, you'll have no problems."

The man picked up his brown derby and walked away. It was at that time that the circus owner looked carefully at the signature on the paper he held in his hand -- the note absolving the circus of responsibility in the case he was injured inside the elephant's cage. The statement was signed by Rudyard Kipling.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah Kipling....he is very famous for depicting stories of animals...i think we should term this anecdote as a description of Kipling's relationship with animals...nice one Nov sir..

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning, the time and date will be [color=blue]01:02:03 04/05/06.
    I am not fascinated by all these. Numbers do repeat themselves frequently. It is just how you wish to acknowledge them.

I slept through the time mentioned above, just as I will ..
    at 12.34 am on 5 June 2007 (1 2 3 4 5 6 7) and many other such numerical "miracles."
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Today, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning, the time and date will be [color=blue]01:02:03 04/05/06.
    I am not fascinated by all these. Numbers od repeat themselves frequently. It is just how you wish to acknowledge them.

I slept through the time mentioned above, just as I will ..

at 12.34 am on 5 June 2007 (1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
    But Nov, mine has hours...minutes..& seconds..
    but yrs..

Format is hours:minutes:seconds: day /month/ yy
    Heavenly ~ Newzealand

Post Thanks / Like
    anjali, if we really care about all these, we can find as much as we want and according to our needs.....

Post Thanks / Like
    accentuating what I said last week, how many of you would wait for....

Six seconds past 6.06 on June 6th this year?

06:06:06 06-06-06

Don;t forget 07:07:07:07:07:07: next year and so forth for the coming years :P:P:P:P:P

Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast