Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1128

Thread: Interesting Anecdotes

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question:Could you give an example, from your own experience, of how leaders should manage failure?

Kalam: Let me tell you about my experience. In 1973 I became the project director of India 's satellite launch vehicle program, commonly called the SLV-3. Our goal was to put India 's "Rohini" satellite into orbit by 1980. I was given funds and human resources -- but was told clearly that by 1980 we had to launch the satellite into space. Thousands of people worked together in scientific and technical teams towards that goal.

By 1979 -- I think the month was August -- we thought we were ready. As the project director, I went to the control center for the launch. At four minutes before the satellite launch, the computer began to go through the checklist of items that needed to be checked. One minute later, the computer program put the launch on hold; the display showed that some control components were not in order. My experts -- I had four or five of them with me -- told me not to worry; they had done their calculations and there was enough reserve fuel. So I bypassed the computer, switched to manual mode, and launched the rocket. In the first stage, everything worked fine. In the second stage, a problem developed. Instead of the satellite going into orbit, the whole rocket system plunged into the Bay of Bengal . It was a big failure.

That day, the chairman of the Indian Space Research Organization, Prof. Satish Dhawan, had called a press conference. The launch was at 7:00 am, and the press conference -- where journalists from around the world were present -- was at 7:45 am at ISRO's satellite launch range in Sriharikota [in Andhra Pradesh in southern India ]. Prof. Dhawan, the leader of the organization, conducted the press conference himself. He took responsibility for the failure -- he said that the team had worked very hard, but that it needed more technological support. He assured the media that in another year, the team would definitely succeed. Now, I was the project director, and it was my failure, but instead, he took responsibility for the failure as chairman of the organization.

The next year, in July 1980, we tried again to launch the satellite -- and this time we succeeded. The whole nation was jubilant. Again, there was a press conference. Prof. Dhawan called me aside and told me, "You conduct the press conference today."

I learned a very important lesson that day. When failure occurred, the leader of the organization owned that failure. When success came, he gave it to his team. The best management lesson I have learned did not come to me from reading a book; it came from that experience.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renga Ravi
    சில நேரங்களில் சில மனிதர்கள்

நியூயார்க் நகரத்தின் சுரங்கப்பாதை ஒன்றில் பிரபல எழுத்தாளர் ஒருவர் ஒரு ஞாயிற்றுக்கிழமை காலையில் அமைதியாக அமர்ந்திருந்தார். ஆட்கள் அதிகமில்லாத அந்த இடத்தில் ஒரு அமைதியான சூழ்நிலை நிலவியது. சிலர் கண்களை மூடி அமர்ந்திருந்தார்கள். சிலர் பத்திரிகைகள் படித்தபடி அமர்ந்திருந்தார்கள். திடீரென்று அங்கு ஒருவர் தன் இரண்டு குழந்தைகளுடன் வந்தார். அவர் அந்த எழுத்தாளர் அருகே கண்களை மூடிக் கொண்டு உட்கார்ந்தார். அந்த சிறுவர்கள் இருவரும் ஆறு வயதைத் தாண்டாதவர்கள். அவர்கள் விளையாட ஆரம்பித்தார்கள். சிறிது நேரத்தில் அங்கிருந்த அமைதி காணாமல் போயிற்று. குழந்தைகள் சத்தம் போட்டு விளையாட ஆரம்பித்து, பின்னர் சண்டையிட்டுக் கொண்டு ஒருவருக்கொருவர் பொருட்களை எடுத்து வீசிக்கொள்ள ஆரம்பித்தனர். அந்த தந்தையோ அந்த சிறுவர்களைக் கண்டிப்பதாகத் தெரியவில்லை. கண்களைத் திறக்காமல் அப்படியே அமர்ந்திருந்தார்.

அங்கு அமர்ந்திருந்த மற்றவர்கள் எரிச்சலுடன் அவரைப் பார்த்ததை அவர் அறியவில்லை. அந்த எழுத்தாளரோ தன்னம்பிக்கை, பொறுமை பற்றியெல்லாம் நிறைய எழுதிக் குவித்த எழுத்தாளர். அவரே பொறுத்து பொறுத்துப் பார்த்து ஒரு கட்டத்தில் பொறுமை இழந்து தன்னருகே கண்ணை மூடிக் கொண்டு அமர்ந்திருந்த அந்த நபரிடம் சொன்னார். "உங்கள் பிள்ளைகள் மற்றவர்களைத் தொந்திரவு செய்கிறார்கள். அவர்களைக் கொஞ்சம் கட்டுப்படுத்துங்களேன்."

அந்த நபர் கண்களை மெள்ளத் திறந்தார். "ஆமாம்....ஏதாவது செய்ய வேண்டும். ஒரு மணி நேரத்திற்கு முன்பு அவர்கள் தாய் இறந்து விட்டாள். அருகில் உள்ள ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் அவள் உடலைத் தர சிறிது நேரம் ஆகும் என்றதால் அங்கிருக்க முடியாமல் இங்கு வந்தேன். இனி என்ன செய்வது என்று யோசித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தேன். அவர்களுக்கும் இதை எப்படி எடுத்துக் கொள்வது, என்ன செய்வது என்று தெரியவில்லை என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.... மன்னிக்கவும்"

அந்த எழுத்தாளர் அதுவரை அந்த நபர் மீதும், அந்தச் சிறுவர்கள் மீதும் கொண்டிருந்த கோபமெல்லாம் ஒரு கணத்தில் காற்றாய் பறந்து போயிற்று. அதற்குப் பதிலாக இரக்கமும் பச்சாதாபமும் மனதில் எழ அவர் மனைவி இறந்ததற்கு வருத்தம் தெரிவித்து விட்டு ஏதாவது உதவி தேவையா என்று மனதாரக் கேட்டார்.

அந்த எழுத்தாளர் 'செயல்திறன் மிக்க மனிதர்களின் ஏழு பழக்கங்கள்' என்ற புகழ் பெற்ற புத்தகத்தை எழுதிய ஸ்டீபன் ஆர். கோவே. இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் அந்த சிறுவர்களின் செயல்கள் மாறவில்லை. அந்த அமைதியான சூழ்நிலை மீண்டும் திரும்பவில்லை. ஆனால் அந்த குழந்தைகளும், அவர்கள் தகப்பனும் இருக்கும் சூழ்நிலை விளங்கியதும் அவர் மனநிலை முற்றிலுமாக மாறி விட்டது.

இன்னொரு நிகழ்ச்சி. கராத்தே, குங்·பூ கலைகளில் எல்லாம் மிகவும் தேர்ச்சி படைத்த ஒரு வீரர் ரயிலில் பயணம் செய்து கொண்டிருந்தார். அவர் தியான வகுப்புகளுக்கும் தொடர்ந்து செல்பவர். ரயிலில் நன்றாகக் குடித்து விட்டு ஒருவன் ரயில் பயணிகள் ஒவ்வொருவரிடமும் ஏதாவது ஒரு வம்பு செய்து சண்டையிட்டுக் கொண்டு இருந்தான். நேரமாக ஆக அவன் வார்த்தைப் பிரயோகங்கள் மிக மோசமாகப் போய்க் கொண்டு இருந்தன. ஒருசிலர் திரும்பப் பேசினர். ஒருசிலர் முகம் சுளித்துக் கொண்டு வேறிடத்திற்குப் போய் அமர்ந்து கொண்டார்கள். நீண்ட பயணமானதால் இதை நிறைய நேரம் பார்க்க நேர்ந்த கராத்தே வீரருக்கு கோபம் பொங்கி வந்தது. போய் இரண்டு தட்டு தட்ட வேண்டும் என்று நினைக்கையில் அத்தனை நேரம் அமைதி காத்த இன்னொரு பயணி அந்தக் குடிகாரனை நோக்கி சென்றதைக் கண்டு நிதானித்தார்.

அந்தப் பயணியும் தன்னைப் போலவே அடிக்கத் தான் செல்கிறார் என்று நினைத்த கராத்தே வீரருக்கு வியப்பு ஏற்படும் வண்ணம் அந்த நபர் குடிகாரன் அருகில் அமர்ந்தார். கனிவுடன் அவனிடம் கேட்டார். "உனக்கு என்ன பிரச்சனை?"
    அந்தக் குடிகாரன் அந்தக் கேள்வியை எதிர்பார்க்கவில்லை போலத் தெரிந்தது. திகைத்துப் போய் அவரை ஒரு நிமிடம் ஒன்றும் சொல்லாமல் பார்த்த அவன் கண்களில் நீர் திரண்டது. அவர் தோளில் சாய்ந்து கொண்டு விம்மி அழ ஆரம்பித்தான். அழுகையினூடே தனக்குத் திடீரென்று வேலை போன செய்தியைச் சொன்னான். தன் சம்பாத்தியத்தை நம்பி வீட்டில் மனைவியும், இரண்டு குழந்தைகளும் இருப்பதைச் சொன்னான். அந்த முதலாளியின் இரக்கமற்ற குணத்தைச் சொன்னான். சொல்லி அழுது முடித்த பின் எல்லாவற்றையும் பொறுமையாகக் கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருந்த அந்த நண்பர் குடிப்பது எந்தப் பிரச்சனையையும் வளர்த்துமேயொழிய குறைக்காது என்று சொன்னார். முதலாளி மேல் இருந்த கோபத்தை சக பயணிகளிடம் காட்டுவது சரியல்ல என்று சொன்னார். குடிப்பதற்கு பதிலாக அடுத்த வேலை எங்கு கிடைக்கும், அதற்காக யாரை அணுகலாம் என்று யோசித்திருந்தால் ஒரு வழி கிடைத்திருக்கலாம் என்று சொன்னார்.

அவர் பேசப் பேச அந்தக் குடிகாரன் அடைந்த மாற்றத்தைக் கண்ட கராத்தே வீரர் அது தனக்குப் பெரிய படிப்பினையாக அமைந்தது என்று ஒரு கட்டுரையில் எழுதியதை நான் படித்தேன். அவர் எழுதியிருந்தார். "அந்த நபர் ஒரு நிமிடம் என்னை முந்திக் கொண்டு அந்தக் குடிகாரனிடம் போயிருக்கா விட்டால் கண்டிப்பாக நன்றாக அவனை அடித்து காயப்படுத்தி இருப்பேன் என்பதில் சந்தேகமில்லை. முதலிலேயே வேலை போன அவனுக்கும் அவன் குடும்பத்திற்கும் என்னாலேயே மேலும் துக்கம் விளைந்திருக்கும். அவனுடைய செய்கைகளுக்குப் பின் உள்ள துக்கத்தை அந்த நபர் உணர்ந்திருக்க வேண்டும். அவருடைய கனிவான செய்கை அவன் புண்ணுக்கு மருந்தாக அமைந்தது. அவன் அமைதியடைந்தான். அவன் இறங்க வேண்டிய இடம் வரை அவனிடமிருந்து அதற்குப் பிறகு ஒரு சத்தமோ, தொந்திரவோ இருக்கவில்லை. அதைப் பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருந்த எல்லோருக்கும் அவன் மீதிருந்த எரிச்சலும், கோபமும் விலகியது என்பதை சொல்லத் தேவையில்லை."

முதல் நிகழ்ச்சியில் இருக்கும் நியாயம் இரண்டாவது நிகழ்ச்சியில் இல்லை என்று சிலர் நினைக்கலாம். ஆனால் அந்த இரண்டாவது நிகழ்ச்சியிலும் அந்த செயலுக்குப் பின்னால் ஒரு காரணம் இருப்பதாக உணர்ந்த ஒரு மனிதர் காட்டிய கனிவு எப்படி அந்த சூழ்நிலையை அடியோடு மாற்றியது என்பதைப் பாருங்கள்.

நமக்குத் தவறாகத் தோன்றும் பல செயல்களுக்குப் பின்னால் பல ஆழமான காரணங்கள் இருக்கின்றன. சில காரணங்கள் நம்மால் ஏற்றுக் கொள்ள முடிந்தவையாக இருக்கலாம். சில காரணங்கள் ஏற்றுக் கொள்ள முடியாதவையாக இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் அந்தக் காரணங்களை அறியும் போது புரிந்து கொள்ளல் சாத்தியமாகிறது. மன்னித்தல் சுலபமாகிறது.
    எப்போதும் ஒரே மாதிரி நடந்து கொள்ள மனிதன் எந்திரமல்ல. எந்திரங்கள் கூட பழுதாகும் போது சில நேரங்களில் சில மனிதர்கள் நம் எதிர்பார்ப்புக்கு எதிர்மாறாக நடந்து கொள்வது அதிசயமல்ல. அது போன்ற சமயங்களில் அவர்கள் மீது கோபம் கொள்வதற்குப் பதிலாக ஏதாவது காரணம் இருக்கலாம் என்ற சிந்தனை நமக்குள் எழுமானால் அதைப் பெரிதுபடுத்தாமல் நகர்கிற பக்குவம் நமக்கு வந்து விடும்.
    (Received in e-mail from a college year-mate)

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pencil: I'm sorry

Eraser: For what? You didn't do anything wrong.

Pencil: I'm sorry because you get hurt because of me. Whenever I made a mistake, you're always there to erase it. But as you make my mistakes vanish, you lose a part of yourself. You get smaller and smaller each time.

Eraser: That's true. But I don't really mind. You see, I was made to do this. I was made to help you whenever you do something wrong. Even though one day, I know I'll be gone and you'll replace me with a new one, I'm actually happy with my job. So please, stop worrying. I hate seeing you sad.

I found this conversation between the pencil and the eraser very inspirational. Parents are like the eraser whereas their children are the pencil.

They're always there for their children, cleaning up their mistakes.

Sometimes along the way, they get hurt, and become smaller / older, and eventually pass on.

Though their children will eventually find someone new (spouse), but parents are still happy with what they do for their children, and will always hate seeing their precious ones worrying, or sad.

All my life, I've been the pencil. And it pains me to see the eraser that is my parents getting smaller and smaller each day.

For I know that one day, all that I'm left with would be eraser shavings and memories of what I used to have.

This is to all the parents out there.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    This scene took place on a British Airways flight between Johannesburg , South
    Africa & London .

A white woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a black man.
    Very disturbed by this, she called the air hostess. "You obviously do not see it
    then?" she asked. "You placed me next to a black man. I did not agree to sit
    next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat."

"Be calm please," the hostess replied.
    "Almost all the places on this flight are taken. I will go to see if another
    place is available."

The hostess went away & then came back a few minutes later.
    "Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in Economy Class.
    I spoke to the captain & he informed me that there is also no seat in Business
    Class. All the same, we still have one place in First Class."

Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued.
    "It is not usual for our company to permit someone from Economy Class to sit in
    First Class. However, given the circumstances, the captain feels that it would
    be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting."

The Hostess turned to the black guy, & said, "Therefore, Sir, if you would like
    to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in First Class."

at that moment, the other passengers, who'd been shocked by what they had just
    witnessed, stood up & applauded.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a woman who did not keep a tidy house.

One day someone gave her a beautiful rose which she brought home and put in a
    vase in her lobby. The rose, though, showed up the vase which was tarnished and
    dusty, so she polished the vase and set the rose and vase on the table.

But now something was wrong with the table. It looked terrible. It had to
    be cleaned as well. At last the woman stood back and admired the sparkling
    table, the polished vase, and the beautiful rose.

But to her dismay, the whole lobby and House now seemed dull and murky.
    Before she knew it, she found herself scrubbing the walls, washing the curtains,
    and opening the windows to let light and air into every dark corner.

We all deserve best. For achieving that we need to do some changes in
    our attitude, our mind sets, our life style etc. if you make one small change
    in your life, light up one small corner, in no time your whole life can take on
    a different look.

If you're dissatisfied with your life at this point, give some serious
    consideration to that one area you could change.

Life is what you make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Letters from the past

Dearest Appa,
    27th Jan’1965
    Hope this letter finds you, Amma, Raji and Seenu in good health. The weather here in New York City is icy cold. But Avar sollraar- I have missed this winter’s biting cold. I still wish I had seen the snow… But then, I still wish I had not left Trichy at all. I do miss Trichy, Appa. You, Amma, Raji, Seenu, pakkatthaathu Rama, Vikatan,Ucchi Pillaiyaar Koil, filter coffee, Holy Cross College, the Maths Department and of course Sakthi. I know you wish I hadn’t brought his name in this letter.But not to worry Appa, I understand that you got me married to Visu because you thought it was best for your daughter.
    I still remember Amma wiping her silent tears with her madisaar thalappu and you shouting at me the day I told you about Sakthi.Later, when the initial shock wore off you patiently listed umpteen reasons why I should not marry Sakthi. I agree Appa, that 20 is too young to decide, that Raji and Seenu would have been affected greatly by my ‘mistake’, the Agrahaaram would have scoffed at you… a meat eater was not a good match for someone who had never even tasted onion and garlic. The reasons were innumerous. I knew you’d still have objected and offered other reasons even if he had become a Dhigambara monk.
    Visu on the other hand, wore a poonal, he is the son of Neelakanta Sastri, an Engineer and he researched about computers which is what made you jump for this alliance. Am not complaining Appa, Visu is a nice man. Tell Amma that I could not try her kozhakkattai recipe this Pongal because coconuts were too expensive and Avar nenacchar that it was ridiculous.
    Anyway, we went out on Sankaranthi day and dined out. He thought it would be a good idea to invite the Chatterjees also. But I didn’t speak Bengali and Mrs.Chatterjee spoke English in an accent that comes with living years in America. Hence I made myself busy with the menu card. They ordered various species of fish,shrimp and a lot more of items I had never seen in my life. I ordered orange juice and a sandwich. The other diners thought it was queer coming to a seafood restaurant and settling for a sandwich. That day, I learnt that Avar prefer pannradhu beef, pork, bacon and seafood.
    Do you know, Appa… Sakthi gave up meat because of me? I didn’t ask, he just did. But then, Sakthi is not Neelakanta Sastri’s son and that made it imposible for Subramania Iyer’s daughter Kalyani to marry him.I will keep you posted on what happens here. I don’t think I can make it to Seenu’s Upanayanam. Tell Amma not to get me a pattu podavai for the poonal, I don’t use them here. I wore it once and felt like a clown here.
    Your loving daughter,
    Kalyani.

Dearest Appa,
    20th Oct’1968
    We are fine here. Gautam is speaking his first words and I swear they sounded like ‘Dosai’. But Visu claims it’s just gibberish. From your previous letter, I gather that pakkathatthu Rama is married and
    settled in Jamshedpur. Nice to know that. Please find out her address from Saarada maami and write it to me. I want to keep in touch with her. I hope Raji is happy with her husband in Madras. I spoke to her last month, great to know that she has a phone. Do tell Seenu to study well and prepare for his school final exams.
    Raji also told me that Sakthi is married now. I wish him good luck, but I could not convey the message to him. Raji refused to be the messenger and I know you have severed ties with Sakthi’s father, your long term friend Sankaravel, thanks to me. I hear his wife is his cousin… He must have succumbed to his mother’s wishes.
    How did Avani Avittam go? Visu’s mother gave me a bunch of new poonals for Avani Avittam but Visu was in Boston that day. He wouldn’t have used it anyway, I haven’t seen him wear one in the last three years. Gautam is now playing with the spool of thread- mere thread it is, what else can I call it? Gautam will not even know what it signifies, I guess.
    Visu is making sure Gautam grows up listening to English only. He says it will make his life easier. But I do read out passages from Ponniyin Selvan and Bharathiyaar’s poetry when I am alone with him. It’s more of reading to myself, I guess. I actually got that poetry book as a present from Sakthi, it still has his scrawling signature in the first page.

By the way, Visu saw that book and asked me about Sakthi, I told him. Hold your breath Appa, he didn’t throw me out of the house. He is a good man, no question. He said it is okay and that he doesn’t mind. And then he told me of his American girlfriend whom he was once in love with, when he first reached America- Amy, a fellow Researcher who was in a brief relationship with Visu when she was in New York. They lived together for 3 months and decided against marriage, somehow. Amy once dropped home when she was in New York. Nice lady, she was.
    Ask Amma to send me Sambar Podi for this whole year. My friend Sudha is coming to Madras next week. Ask Seenu to catch the Rockfort Express and give it to her. I will collect it from her here.
    Your loving daughter,
    Kalyani.
    Dearest Appa,
    3rd June’1974

We have arrived here safely. After two months in India, I find it hard to adjust back to normal life here. Gautam and Ranjana demand vadai,paayasam and vaazhai ilai here. Visu’s relieved to be back in
    America. I left a set of my books there. If it’s not in Trichy it must be in Visu’s parents’ place. If you find them, safeguard them until my next trip. They mean a lot to me since they were gifts from Sakthi. By the way, Appa, I found out Sakthi’s present address in Madras from Rama and Saarada maami. I wrote to him. I am extremely proud to know that Dr.Sakthivel is a cardiologist much in demand there in Madras. He was thrilled to hear from me after so long. You know what he has named his daughters? Kalyani and Raagamaalika. He called me. You know what, he’s still a practising vegetarian, Appa. He didn’t revert back just because he lost me… He asked me if I still sang and whether Gautam and Ranjana could sing. I could see a proud father in him, when he claimed his daughters could sing upto Rara Venu Gopala. That’s when I remembered that I was once a good singer. I wonder why I stopped singing, wonder why I never exposed the kids to Music and Dance. But then, I realize that I had buried all that deep inside me when I left Trichy; after bidding farewell to my best Rasika, actually. Sakthi. After the call, I tried singing ’Kurai Onrum Illai’. I could not rquite reach Charanam, because of the lack of practice and more importantly because of the tears that filmed my eyes and the constriction in my throat. I sang to Visu and the kids one of these days. Though Gautam was impressed, father and daughter could not just wait for me to finish! By the way, next time some friend comes to India, send me a Sruthi Box. I would like to start singing again.
    Your loving daughter,
    Kalyani.
    Dearest Appa,
    14th Aug 1978
    Just back after our tour to California. Find our photos, picture postcards attached herewith. After you are done with showing all family members,relatives, friends and neighbours, pass them to Visu’s parents. It was a welcome break for the four of us. But I missed my paattu class students all along and was happy to resume the classes again last evening. Did I mention in my previous letter, before we left on the tour - I finally got my driving license here. I sent a few photos to Sakthi too. He has sent me quite a few records and cassettes. I loved it! I’m reminded of AIR, almost! I’m circulating them among my friends too. And of course, playing them for my students too. They are picking up beautifully. Funny news is, I, a Tamilian, is teaching Telugu and Sanskrit kritis to a cross section of Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada,Telugu, Marathi, Bengali students in an English speaking nation. The music sessions have resulted in a reborn Kalyani, Appa. Thanks to Sakthi, really. I would have never taken it up had it not been for his reminder. I am now thinking of what life would have been like if I had indeed married him. I would have of course lost you and Amma. But right now, with this life in America, Visu and these monthly letters to you, Rama, Raji and Seenu what have i gained? I don’t find an answer, Appa. Neither do I think I ever will. Again, as I have always reiterated, Visu is a good man, no complaints there. He is every bit the son in law you wanted. Researcher, American Post-Graduate Degree holder, a dutiful husband and father,earning a comfortable income. I know it is too much to ask for anything else. That is a fantasy I left midway in my life… Once upon a time in Trichy with someone else.

Your loving daughter,
    Kalyani.

Dearest Appa,
    14th Apr’1984
    Met Dr.Sakthivel after 19 years… He had come to New York for business purposes and paid me a visit. Visu and the kids welcomed him home with great pleasure. And they liked him too. Infact, they did most of the talking initially. And of course, he got me a whole load of books, cassettes, Mysore Paak and lots more. Your loving daughter,
    Kalyani.

Post Thanks / Like
    Read above post first.....

Dearest Appa,
    20th Jan’ 1990
    I just went through all these letters lying in my closet draw for years together. These are letters I started writing to you and then decided not to post. For obvious reasons. I could not mention Sakthi to you even though I was itching to. Not because I was afraid to invite your wrath. I just did not have the heart to hurt you, I know these letters would have hurt you. Because deep inside, I know you were disturbed- you knew Sakthi was a good man, you knew he was a man of substance, yet you didn’t want to go further. Society, I know. ..Family… I know… And all these letters would have only wounded you more.Today, 2 years after your death, and 6 months after Dr.Sakthivel’s untimely death in a road accident, I somehow felt like re-reading all these letters. To me, all these unstamped, unposted letters mean a life that could have been. Kalyani Viswanathan.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber hamid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nov,

excellent letters.. almost had tears in my eyes when I read those.. eetho Sujatha novel padikkira effect irunthathu.., this shows the sad status of our so called social life and how millions of hearts are thrashed by the name of caste and soceity.. The moment we start living for us and be afraid of our innerself we can be have a more satisfying life...
    Come back strong.. Come back soon..

Post Thanks / Like
    me too Hamid, I was moved ....

Post Thanks / Like
    At age 4 success is not peeing in your pants.
    At age 12 success is having friends.
    At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
    At age 20 success is having sex.
    At age 35 success is having money.
    At age 50 success is having money.
    At age 60 success is having sex.
    At age 70 success is having a drivers license.
    At age 75 success is having friends.
    At age 80 success is not peeing in your pants.