Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1128

Thread: Interesting Anecdotes

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOW OLD IS GRANDMA?

(Pretty scary!)

One evening, a grandson was talking to his grandmother about current
    events. The grandson asked his grandmother what she thought about the
    shootings at schools, the computer age, and just things in general.

The Grandma replied, "Well, let me think a minute, I was born before
    television, penicillin, polio shots, frozen foods, Xerox, contact lenses,
    Frisbees and the pill.

There were no credit cards, laser beams or ball-point pens.

Man had not invented pantyhose, air conditioners, dishwashers, clothes
    dryers, and the clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air and man had
    yet to walk on the moon.

Your Grandfather and I got married first and then lived together. Every
    family had a father and a mother.

Until I was 25, I called every man older than I, "Sir"- - and after I
    turned 25, I still called policemen and every man with a title, "Sir."

We were before gay-rights, computer-dating, dual careers, day-care
    centers, and group therapy.

Our lives were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment, and
    common sense.

We were taught to know the difference between right and wrong and to
    stand up and take responsibility for our actions.

Serving your country was a privilege; living in this country was a
    bigger privilege.

We thought fast food was what people ate during Lent.

Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with your cousins.

Draft dodgers were people who closed their front doors when the evening
    breeze started.

Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in the evenings and
    weekends -- not purchasing condominiums.
    We never heard of FM radios, tape decks, CDs, DVDs, electric
    typewriters, yogurt, or guys wearing earrings.

We listened to the Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the President's speeches
    on our radios. And I don't ever remember any kid blowing his brains out
    listening to Tommy Dorsey.

If you saw anything with 'Made in Japan' on it, it was junk.
    The term 'making out' referred to how you did on your school exam.
    Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and instant coffee were unheard of.

We had 5&10-cent stores where you could actually buy things for 5 and 10
    cents. Ice-cream cones, phone calls, rides on a streetcar, and a Pepsi were
    all a nickel.

And if you didn't want to splurge, you could spend your nickel on enough
    stamps to mail one letter and two postcards.

You could buy a new Chevy Coupe for $600, but who could afford one?
    Too bad because, gas was 11 cents a gallon.

In my day, "grass" was mowed, "coke" was a cold drink, "pot" was
    something your mother cooked in, and "rock music" was your grandmother' s
    lullaby.

"Aids" were helpers in the Principal's office, "chip" meant a piece of
    wood, "hardware" was found in a hardware store and "software" wasn't even a
    word.

And we were the last generation to actually believe that a lady needed a
    husband to have a baby.

No wonder people call us "old and confused" and say there is a
    generation gap.

And how old do you think grandma is???

Read on to see -- pretty scary if you think about it and pretty sad at
    the same time.

This is something to think about.
    How time has changed ...
    Grandma is 58!
    How could so much go wrong in such a short time?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She
    hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always
    there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see
    the world, I will marry you.'

One day,
    someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages
    came off, she was able to see everything, including her
    boyfriend.

He asked
    her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The
    girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The
    sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected
    that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life
    led her to refuse to marry him.

Her
    boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her
    saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before
    they were yours, they were mine.'
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    There were once 2 brothers who lived on the 80th level. On coming home one day, they realized to their dismay that the lifts were not working and that they have to climb the stairs home.

After struggling to the 20th level, panting and tired, they decided to abandon their bags and come back for them the next day. They left their bags then and climbed on. When they have struggled to the 40th level, the younger brother started to grumble and both of them began to quarrel. They continued to climb the flights of steps, quarreling all the way to the 60th floor.

They then realized that they have only 20 levels more to climb and decided to stop quarreling and continue climbing in peace. They silently climbed on and reached their home at long last. Each stood calmly before the door and waited for the other to open the door.

And they realized that the key was in their bags which was left on the 20th floor

This story is reflecting on our life...many of us live under the expectations of our parents, teachers and friends when young. We seldom get to do the things that we really like and love and are under so much pressure and stress so that by the age of 20, we get tired and decided to dump this load.

Being free of the stress and pressure, we work enthusiastically and dream ambitious wishes.

But by the time we reach 40 years old, we start to lose our vision and dreams. We began to feel unsatisfied and start to complain and criticize. We live life as a misery as we are never satisfied. Reaching 60, we realize that we have little left for complaining anymore, and we began to walk the final episode in peace and calmness.

We think that there is nothing left to disappoint us, only to realize that we could not rest in peace because we have an unfulfilled dream ...... a dream we abandoned 60 years ago.

So what is your dream? Follow your dreams, so that you will not live with regrets.

Post Thanks / Like
    How Companies Got their Name

Apple Computers
    It was the favourite fruit of founder Steve Jobs. He was three months late in filing a name for the business, and he threatened to call his company Apple Computers if the other colleagues didn't suggest a better name by 5 O'clock.

CISCO
    It is not an acronym as popularly believed. It is short for San Francisco.

Compaq
    This name was formed by using COMp, for computer, and PAQ to denote a small integral object.

Corel
    The name was derived from the founder's name Dr.Michael Cowpland. It stands for COwpland REsearch Laboratory.

Google
    The name started as a joke boasting about the amount of information the search-engine would be able to search. It was originally named 'Googol', a word for the number represented by 1 followed by 100 zeros.After founders - Stanford graduate students Sergey Brin and Larry Page presented their project to an angel investor, they received a cheque made out to 'Google'

Hotmail
    Founder Jack Smith got the idea of accessing e-mail via the web from a computer anywhere in the world.When Sabeer Bhatia came up with the business plan for the mail service, he tried all kinds of names ending in 'mail' and finally settled for hotmail as it included the letters "html" - the programming language used to write web pages. It was initially referred to as HoTMaiL with selective uppercasing.

Hewlett Packard
    Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard tossed a coin to decide whether the company they founded would be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett.

Intel
    Bob Noyce and Gordon Moore wanted to name their new company 'Moore Noyce' but that was already trademarked by a hotel chain so they had to settle for an acronym of INTegrated ELectronics.

Lotus (Notes)
    Mitch Kapor got the name for his company from 'The Lotus Position' or 'Padmasana'. Kapor used to be a teacher of Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Microsoft
    Coined by Bill Gates to represent the company that was devoted to MICROcomputer SOFTware. Originally christened Micro-Soft, the '-' was removed later on.

Motorola
    Founder Paul Galvin came up with this name when his company started manufacturing radios for cars. The popular radio company at the time was called Victrola.

ORACLE
    Larry Ellison and Bob Oats were working on a consulting project for the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency). The code name for the project was called Oracle (the CIA saw this as the system to give answers to all questions or something such). The project was designed to help use the newly written SQL code by IBM. The project eventually was terminated but Larry and Bob decided to finish what they started and bring it to the world. They kept the name Oracle and created the RDBMS engine. Later they kept the same name for the company.

Sony
    It originated from the Latin word 'sonus' meaning sound, and 'sonny' a slang used by Americans to refer to a bright youngster.

SUN
    Founded by 4 Stanford University buddies, SUN is the acronym for Stanford University Network. Andreas Bechtolsheim built a microcomputer; Vinod Khosla recruited him and Scott McNealy to manufacture computers based on it, and Bill Joy to develop a UNIX-based OS for the computer.

Yahoo!
    The word was invented by Jonathan Swift and used in his book 'Gulliver's Travels'. It represents a person who is repulsive in appearance and action and is barely human. Yahoo! Founders Jerry Yang and David Filo selected the name because they considered themselves yahoos.

Post Thanks / Like
    At age 8, your dad buys you an ice cream.

You thanked him by dripping it all over your lap.

When you were 9 years old, he paid for piano lessons.

You thanked him by never even bothering to practice.

When you were 10 years old he drove you all day, from soccer to football to one birthday party after another.

You thanked him by jumping out of the car and never looking back.

When you were 11 years old, he took you and your friends to the movies.

You thanked him by asking to sit in a different row.

When you were 12 years old, he warned you not to watch certain TV shows.

You thanked him by waiting until he left the house.

When you were 13, he suggested a haircut that was becoming..

You thanked him by telling him he had no taste.

When you were 14, he paid for a month away at summer camp.

You thanked him by forgetting to write a single letter.

When you were 15, he came home from work, looking for a hug.

You thanked him by having your bedroom door locked.

When you were 16, he taught you how to drive his car.

You thanked him by taking it every chance you could.

When you were 17, he was expecting an important call.

You thanked him by being on the phone all night.

When you were 18, he cried at your high school graduation.

You thanked him by staying out partying until dawn.

When you were 19, he paid for your college tuition, drove you to campus carried your bags.

You thanked him by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.

When you were 25, he helped to pay for your wedding, and he told you how deep he loved you.

You thanked him by moving halfway across the country.

When you were 50, he fell ill and needed you to take care of him .

You thanked him by reading about the burden parents become to their children.

And then, one day, he quietly died. And everything you never did came crashing down like thunder on YOUR HEART.

"Happy Father's day"

Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]
    A Well-Planned Retirement
    *From The London Times:*

Outside the Bristol Zoo, in England, there is a parking lot for 150
    cars and 8 coaches, or buses.

It was manned by a very pleasant attendant with a ticket machine
    charging cars £1 (about $1.40) and coaches A£5 (about $7).

This parking attendant worked there solid for all of 25 years. Then,
    one day, he just didn't turn up for work.

"Oh well", said Bristol Zoo Management - "we'd better phone up the
    City Council and get them to send a new parking attendant..."

"Err ... no", said the Council, "that parking lot is your responsibility."

"Err ... no", said Bristol Zoo Management, "the attendant was employed
    by the City Council, wasn't he?"

"Err ... NO!" insisted the Council.

Sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, is a bloke who
    had been taking the parking lot fees, estimated at A£400 (about $560)
    per day at Bristol Zoo for the last 25 years. Assuming 7 days a week,
    this amounts to just over A£3.6 million ($7 million)!

And no one even knows his name.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is an amusing story concerning Alexander, the Great. When he came to India, he found that the Indians were a race of brave, fearless people. He made friends with them.

When he was about to return to his country, he remembered that his people had asked him to bring to them an Indian yogi. They had heard , a lot about yogis and were very desirous of seeing one, meeting him, hearing him speak and receiving his blessings. Alexander was told that the yogis dwelt in the forest.

In quest of a yogi he went to a forest. Sure enough, he found one sitting underneath a tree, in deep meditation. He waited patiently until the yogi opened his eyes. They shone with a strange, mystic light.

Reverently, Alexander requested the yogi to accompany him to Greece, saying.

"I will give you everything you need or ask for. But, pray, do come with me.

My people would love to meet you!"

The yogi quietly answered, "I need nothing, I am happy where I am!"

This was the first time that anyone had turned down Alexander's
    request. He could not control himself. He flew into a rage.
    And unsheathing his sword, he thundered, "Do you know who is
    speaking to you?

I am the great king Alexander. If you will not listen to me. I shall
    kill you- cut you into pieces!"

Unperturbed, the yogi answered. "You cannot kill me! You can only kill my body. And the body is but a garment I have worn. I am not the body. I am that which dwells within the body! I am not the deh. 1 am the dehin- the in dwelling one!"

The yogi continued, "You say you are a king. May I tell you, who you are?

You are a slave of my slave!"

Stunned. Alexander asked. "How am I a slave of your slave?"

In a voice tender with compassion, the yogi explained. "I have
    mastered anger.

Anger is my slave. See, how easily you gave way to anger. You are a slave of anger, and, therefore, a slave of my slave!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a true story which has touched many readers. As it is quite a long story, reserve it (if you haven't got the time) and read it only when you are in a more relaxed mood.

In either case, do make it a point to savour everyline until the end. This is for all the single, married, divorced, widowed individuals, who take life for granted.
    Please, read this story until the end. It is such an eye opener. You never Know........ .!

Just two years after our marriage, hubby brought up the idea of asking his Mother to move from the rural hometown and spend her remaining years with us.
    Hubby's father passed away while he was still very young. His Mother endured much hardship and struggled all on her own to provide for him, see him through to a university degree.
    You could say that she suffered a great deal and did everything you could expect of a woman to bring hubby to where he is today.
    I immediately agreed and started packing the spare room, which has a balcony facing the South to let her enjoy the sunshine and plant greenery.
    Hubby stood in the bright room, and suddenly just picked me up and started spinning round and round.
    As I begged him to put me down, he said: "Lets go fetch mother." Hubby is tall and big sized and I love to test on his chest and enjoy the feeling that he could pick me up at any moment put the tiny me into his pockets.
    Whenever we have an argument and both refuses to back down, he would pick me up and spin me over his head continuously until I surrender and beg for mercy.
    I became addicted to this kind of panic-joy feeling.
    Mother brought along her countryside habits and lifestyle with her.
    For example; I am so used to buying flowers to decorate the living room, she could not stand it and would comment: "I do not know how you young people spend your money, why do you buy flowers for? You also can't eat flowers!" I smiled and said: "Mum, with flowers in the house, our mood will also become better."
    Mother continues to grumble away, and hubby smiled: "Mum, this is a city-people' s habit; slowly you will get use to it."
    Mother stopped saying anything. But every time thereafter, whenever came home with flowers, she would ask me how much it costs.
    I told her and she would shake her head and express displeasure.
    Sometimes, when I come home with lots of shopping bags, she would ask each and every item how much they cost, I would tell her honestly and she would get even more upset about it.
    Hubby playfully pinched my nose and said: "You little fool, just don't tell her the full price of everything would solve it."
    There begins the friction to our otherwise happy lifestyle.
    Mother hates it most when hubby wakes up early to prepare the breakfast. In her view, how could the man of the house cook for the wife?
    At the breakfast table, mother facial expression is always like the dark clouds before a thunderstorm and I would pretend not to notice. She would use her chopsticks and make a lot of noise with it as her silent protest.
    As I am a dance teacher in the Children's Palace and am exhausted from along day of dancing around, I do not wish to give up the luxury of that additional few minutes in the comfort of my bed and hence I turned a deaf ear to all the protest mother makes.
    From time to time, mother would help out with some housework, but soon her help created additional work for me.
    For example: she would keep all kinds of plastic bags accumulating them so that she sell them later on, and resulted in our house being filled with all the trash bags; she would scrimp on dish washing detergent when helping to wash the dishes and so as not to hurt her feelings, I would quietly wash them again.
    One day, late at night, mother saw me quietly washing the dishes, and "Bam" she slams her bedroom door and cried very loudly in her room.
    Hubby was placed in a difficult position, and after that, he did not speak to me for that entire night.
    I pretended to be a spoilt child, tried acting cute, but he totally ignored me....
    I got mad and asked him: "What did I do wrong?" Hubby stared at me and said: "Can't you just give in to her once? We couldn't possibly die eating from a bowl however unclean it is, right?"
    After that incident, for a long period of time, mother did not speak to me and you can feel that there is a very awkward feeling hanging in the house.
    During that period of cold war, hubby was caught in dilemma as to who to please.
    In order to stop her son from having to prepare breakfast, mother took on the "all important" task of preparing breakfast without any prompting.
    At the breakfast table, mother would look at hubby happily eating his breakfast and cast that reprimanding stare at me for having failed to perform my duty as a wife.
    To avoid the embarrassing breakfast situation, I resorted to buying my own breakfast on my way to work.
    That night, while in bed, hubby was a little upset and asked me: "LD, is it because you think that mum's cooking is not clean that's why you chose not to eat at home?"
    He then turned his back on me and left me alone in tears as feeling of unfairness overwhelmed me.
    After some time, hubby sighed: "LD, just for me, can you have breakfast at home?"
    I am left with no choice but to return to the breakfast table.
    The next morning, I was having porridge prepared by mother and I felt a sudden churn in my stomach and everything inside seem to be rushing up my throat. I tried to suppress the urge to throw up but I could not. I threw down the bowl, rushed into the washroom, and vomited everything out..
    Just as I was catching my breath, I saw mother crying and grumbling very loudly in her dialect, hubby was standing at the washroom doorway staring at me with fire burning in his eyes..
    I opened my mouth but no words came out of it, I really did not mean it.
    We had our very first big fight that day; mother took a look at us, then stood up and slowly made her way out of the house.
    Hubby gave me a final stare in the eye and followed mother down the stairs.
    For three days, hubby did not return home, not even a phone call.
    I was so furious, since mother arrived; I had been trying my best and putting up with her, what else do you want me to do?
    For no reason, I keep having the feeling to throw up and I simply have not appetite for food, coupled with all the events happening at home, I was at then low point in my life..
    Finally, a colleague said: "LD, you look terrible; you should go and see a doctor."
    The doctor confirmed that I am pregnant.
    Now it became clear to me why I threw up that fateful morning, a sense of sadness floated through that otherwise happy news. Why didn't hubby, and mother who had been through this before, thought of the possibility of this being the reason that day?

At the hospital entrance, I saw my hubby standing there.
    It had only been three days, but he looked haggard. I had wanted to turn and leave, but one look at him and my heart soften, I couldn't resist and called out to him.
    He followed my voice and finally found me but he pretended that he doesn't know me; he has that disgusted look in his eyes that cut right through my heart.
    I told myself not to look at him anymore, and hail a cab.
    At that moment, I have such a strong urge inside me to shout to my hubby: "Darling, I am having your baby!" and have him lift me up and spin me around in circles of joy.
    What I wanted didn't happen and as I sat in the cab, my tears started rolling down.
    Why? Why our love couldn't even withstand the test of one fight?
    Back home, I lay on the bed thinking about my hubby, and the disgusted look in his eyes. I cried and wet the corner of the blanket.
    That night, sound of the drawers opening woke me up.
    I switched on the lights and I saw hubby with tears rolling down his face. He was removing the money. I stared at him in silence; he ignored me, took the bank deposit book and some money and left the house.
    Maybe he really intends to leave me for good.
    What a rational man, so clear-cut in love and money matters.
    I gave a few dried laugh and tears starting streaming down again.
    The next day, I did not go to work. I wanted to clear this out and have a good talk with hubby.
    I reached his office and his secretary gave me a weird look and said: "Mr. Tan's mother had a traffic accident and is now in the hospital."
    I stood there in shock.
    I rushed to the hospital and by the time I found hubby, mother had already passed away.
    Hubby did not look at me, his face was expressionless.
    I looked at mother's pale white and thin face and I couldn't control the tears in my eyes.
    My god, how could this happen?
    Throughout the funeral, hubby did not say a single word to me, with only the occasional disgusted stare at me.
    I only managed to find out brief facts about the accident from other people.
    That day, after mother left the house, she walked in dazed toward the bus stop, apparently intending to go back to her old house back in the countryside.
    As hubby ran after her, she tried to walk faster and as she tried to cross the street, a public bus came and hit her...
    I finally understood how much hubby must hate me, if I had not thrown up that morning, if we had not quarreled, if....
    In his heart, I am indirectly the killer of his mother.
    Hubby moved into mother's room and came home every night with a strong liquor smell on him.
    And me, I am buried under the guilt and self-pity and could hardly breathe.
    I wanted to explain to him, tell him that we are going to have our baby soon, but each time, I saw the dead look in his eyes, all the words I have at the brink of my mouth just fell back in.
    I had rather he hit me real hard or give me a big and thorough scolding though none of these events happening had been my fault at all.
    Many days of suffocating silence went by and as the days went by, hubby came home later and later.
    The deadlock between us continues, we were living together like strangers who don't know each other.
    I am like the dead knot in his heart.
    One day, I passed by a western restaurant, looking into the glass window, I saw hubby and a girl sitting facing each other and he very lightly brushed her hair for her, I understood what it meant.
    After recovering from that moment of shock, I entered the restaurant, stood in front of my hubby and stared hard at him, not a tear in my eyes. I have nothing to say to him, and there is no need to say anything. The girl looked at me, looks at hubby, stands up and wanted to go, hubby stretched out his hand and stopped her.
    He stared back at me,challenging me.
    I can only hear my slow heart beat, beating, one by one as if at the brink of death. I eventually backed down, if I had stood that any longer, I will collapse together with the baby inside me.
    That night, he did not come home; he had chosen to use that as a way to indicate to me: Following mother's death so did our love for each other.
    He did not come home anymore after that.
    Sometimes, when I returned home from work, I can tell that the cupboard had been touched - he had returned to take some of his stuff.
    I no longer wish to call him; the initial desire to explain everything to him vanished.
    I lived alone; I go for my medical checkups alone, my heart breaks again and again every time I see a guy carefully helping his wife through the physical examination.
    My office colleagues hinted to me to consider aborting the baby, I told them No, I will not..
    I insisted on having to this baby, perhaps it is my way of repaying mother for causing her death.
    One day, I came home and I saw hubby sitting in the living room. The whole house was filled with cigarette smoke.
    On the coffee table, there was this piece of paper. I know what it is all about without even looking at it.
    In the two months plus of living alone, I have gradually learned to find peace within myself.
    I looked at him, removed my hat and said: "You wait a while, I will sign."
    He looked at me, mixed feelings in his eyes, just like mine.
    As I hang up my coat, I keep repeating to myself "You cannot cry, you cannot cry...." my eyes hurt terribly, but I refused to let tears come out from there.
    After I hung up my coat, hubby's eyes stared fixed at my bulging tummy. I smiled, walked over to the coffee table and pulled the paper towards me.
    Without even looking at what it says, I signed my name on it and pushed the paper to him.
    "LD, are you pregnant?"
    Since mother's accident, this is the first time he spoke to me. I could not control my tears any further and they fell like raindrops.
    I said: "Yes, but its ok, you can leave now."
    He did not go.
    In the dark, we sat, facing each other.
    Hubby slowly moved over me, his tears wet the blanket.
    In my heart, everything seems so far away, so far that even if I sprint, I could never reach them.
    I cannot remember how many times he repeated "sorry" to me.
    I had originally thought that I would forgive him, but now I can't..
    In the western restaurant, in front of that girl, that cold look in his eyes, I will never forget, ever.
    We have drawn such deep scars in each other's heart.
    For me, it's unintentional; for him, totally intentional. .
    I had been waiting for this moment of reconciliation, but I realized now, what had gone past is gone forever and could not repeated.
    Other than the thought of the baby inside me that would bring some warmth to my heart, I am totally cold towards him, I no longer eat anything he buys for me, I don't take any presents from him and I stopped talking to him.
    From the moment I signed on that piece of paper, marriage and love had vanished from my heart.
    Sometimes, hubby will try to come into the bedroom, but when he walks in, I will walk out to the living room.
    He had no choice but to sleep in mother's room.
    At night, from his room, I can hear light sounds of groaning, I kept quiet.
    This used to be his trick; last time, whenever I ignore him, he would fake illness and I will surrender and find out what is wrong with him, he would then grab me and laugh.
    He has forgotten that last time I cared for him and am concerned because there was love, but now, what is there between us?
    Hubby's groaning came on and off continuing but I continuously ignored him.
    Almost everyday, he would buy something for the baby, infant products, children products and books that kids like to read.
    Bags and bags of it stacked inside his room till it is full.
    I know he is trying to use this to reach out to me, but I am no longer moved by his actions.
    He has no choice but to lock himself in his room and I can hear his typing away on his computer keyboard, maybe he is now addicted to web surfing but none of that matters to me anymore.
    It was sometime towards the end of Spring in the following year, one late night, I screamed because of a sudden stomach pain, hubby came rushing into the room, its like he did not change and sleep, and had been waiting for this moment.
    He carried me and ran down the stairs, stopped a car, holding my hand very tightly and kept wiping the sweat off my brow, throughout the journey to the hospital.
    Once we reached the hospital, he carried me and hurried into the delivery suite.
    Lying on the back of his skinny but warmth body, a thought crossed my mind: In my lifetime, who else would love me as much as he did?
    He held the delivery suite door opened and watch me go in; his warm eyes caused me to manage a smile at him despite my contraction pain.
    Coming out of the delivery room, hubby looked at our son and me, eyes tear with joy and he kept smiling.
    I reached out and touched his hand... Hubby looked at me, smiling and then he slowly collapsed onto the floor.
    I cried out for him in pain... He smiled, but without opening that tired eyes of his...
    I had thought that I would never shed any tear for him, but the truth is, I have never felt a deeper pain cutting through my body at that moment.
    Doctor said that by the time hubby discovered he had liver cancer, it was already in terminal stage and it was a miracle that he managed to last this long.
    I asked the doctor when he first discovered he had cancer. Doctor said about 5 months ago and consoled me saying:
    "Prepare for his funeral."
    I disregarded the nurse's objection and rushed home, I went into his room and checked his computer, and a suffocating pain hits me.
    Hubby's cancer was discovered 5 months ago, his groaning was real, and I had thought that... the computer showed over 200 thousand words he wrote for our son:
    "Son, just for you, I have persisted, to be able to take a look at you before I fall, is my biggest wish now...
    I know that in your life, you will have many happiness and maybe some setbacks, if only I can accompany you throughout that journey, how nice would it be..
    But daddy now no longer has that chance.
    Daddy has written inside here all the possible difficulties and problems you may encounter during your lifetime, when you meet with these problems, you can refer to daddy's suggestion.. ...
    Son, after writing these 200 thousand words, I feel as if I have accompanied you through life journey.
    To be honest, daddy is very happy.
    Do love your mother, she has suffered, she is the one who loves you most and also the one who loves me most...
    From play school to primary school, to secondary, university, to work and even in dealing with questions of love, everything big and small was written there.
    Hubby has also written a letter for me: "My dear, to marry you is my biggest happiness, forgive me for the pain I have caused you, forgive me for not telling you my illness, because I want to see you be in a joyful mood waiting for the arrival of our baby....
    My dear, if you cried, it means that you have forgiven me and I would smile, thank you for loving me...
    These presents, I'm afraid I cannot give them to our son personally, could you help me to give some of them to him every year, the dates on what to give when are all written on the packaging... "
    Going back to the hospital, hubby is still in coma.
    I brought our son over and place him beside him.
    I said: "Open your eyes and smile, I want our son to remember being in the warmth of your arms..."
    He struggled to open his eyes and managed a weak smile.
    Our son still in his arms was happily waving his tiny hands in the air. I press the button on the camera and the sound of the shutter rang through the air as tears slowly rolled down my face.....
    A fatal misunderstanding and the person who loves me the most in this world is gone forever...

"Cruel misunderstandings one after another disrupted the blissful footsteps to our family.

Our original intend of having Mother enjoy some quiet and peaceful moments in her remaining years with us went terribly wrong as destiny's secret is finally revealed at a price, every thing became too late."...... ...

This is a true story.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kugan98's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

True Story

Thanks NOV, it took me an hour to stop crying.
    I wish everyone should read this.
    Chefs are just like children.
    They should be seen not heard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Three Wishes of Alexander The Great

There is very instructive incident involving the life of Alexander, the great Greek king. Alexander, after conquering many kingdoms, was returning home. On the way, he fell ill and it took him to his death bed.

With death staring him in his face, Alexander realized how his conquests, his great army, his sharp sword and all his wealth were of no consequence. He now longed to reach home to see his mother's face and bid her his last adieu.

But, he had to accept the fact that his sinking health would not permit him to reach his distant homeland. So, the mighty conqueror lay prostrate and pale, helplessly waiting to breathe his last.

He called his generals and said, "I will depart from this world soon, I have three wishes, please carry them out without fail." With tears flowing down their cheeks, the generals agreed to abide by their king's last wishes.

"My first desire is that," said Alexander, "My physicians alone must carry my coffin."

After a pause, he continued, "Secondly, I desire that when my coffin is being carried to the grave, the path leading to the graveyard be strewn with gold, silver and precious stones which I have collected in my treasury."

The king felt exhausted after saying this. He took a minute's rest and continued. "My third and last wish is that both my hands be kept dangling out of my coffin."

The people who had gathered there wondered at the king's strange wishes. But no one dare bring the question to their lips.

Alexander's favorite general kissed his hand and pressed them to his heart. "O king, we assure you that your wishes will all be fulfilled. But tell us why do you make such strange wishes?"

At this Alexander took a deep breath and said: "I would like the world to know of the three lessons I have just learnt.

I want my physicians to carry my coffin because people should realize that no doctor can really cure any body. They are powerless and cannot save a person from the clutches of death. So let not people take life for granted.

The second wish of strewing gold, silver and other riches on the way to the graveyard is to tell people that not even a fraction of gold will come with me. I spent all my life earning riches but cannot take anything with me. Let people realize that it is a sheer waste of time to chase wealth.

And about my third wish of having my hands dangling out of the coffin, I wish people to know that I came empty handed into this world and empty handed I go out of this world." With these words, the king closed his eyes. Soon he let death conquer him and breathed his last.