Thread: Islamic Groups Issue a "Fatwa" against Sania Mirza

Post Thanks / Like

Islamic Groups Issue a "Fatwa" against Sania Mirza

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5...2100000000.htm

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=54556

I am really irritated that people are still trying to turn India into another version of Saudi Arabia. Everyone has a right to express their opinion, but i think issueing a "fatwa" and making a huge scene in the media over the attire of a popular tennis player is ridiculous. I don't see these Islamic groups issueing "fatwas" against actors and actresses for exposing...why are they suddenly doing so for a tennis player(i dont get how she is exposing...unless wearing shorts and a shirt is considered exposing).
    HindustaniLadka

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Siddiqui is further troubled by the fact that Sania is slowly becoming a role model “for entire generations of young Muslim girls, not only in Andhra Pradesh but in the rest of the country”.

Sania is proving to be a bleasing in disguise to the Muslim women of India. Yes she is influencing the minds of young muslim women to come out and prove themselves.

Good going Sania.

Hope she continues to succeed in her game.

The fatwa just shows the frustration of fanatics.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber r_kk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can read this week "aval vikatan" about an article on few night stand (marriages) between old Arab Seiks and poor young hyderabadi muslim girls, you can understand what are the real dangers to the poor muslim hyderabadi girls. Why this kind of "fatwa issuers" don't issue "fatwa" on real criminals (mullahs, arab seiks, and few fantics) who pushes muslim girls in to "dark" miscerable life, instead of issuing fatwa on a "bright" hyderabadi girl who is becoming role model, not because of her size of sport wear but because of her great skills and winning spirit?
    Netrikan thirapinum kutram kutrame...

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. I never hear these guys issuing "fatwas" against terrorists and against these Arabs who take advantage of young Muslim girls in India.
    HindustaniLadka

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Islam frowns on women exposing their skin. Therefore, skirts and shirts ARE unislamic. Non-Muslims are not in a position to comment on this issue, for if we begin this, there will be no end to it. Please understand that there are many Hindu practices (and other religions' too) that can be ridiculed as well.
    Therefore what is required is for non-believers (of Islam in this case) to understand the reason behind such decisions and stop being judgemental.
    Any changes must, and will have to. come from within.

2. Condemning one action, does not mean that one condones other injustices. In Tamil this is known as "mottaikkum muzhangkaalukkum mudichu pOduthal," i.e., connecting two unrelated subjects.

Based on the above, I believe no further discussion on this matter is required. Don't fall into the trap of politicians who are least interested in the common man.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!