Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal age to get married

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    And none the worse for it! My perimmas who married even earlier lived in good health for upto ripe old age!
    I am afraid there seems to be a lot of truth in that! Grandmoms who got married before puberty and had their first child before even 16 lived nice and strong!!!

I think the strength to bear and deliver a child gradually diminishes with age. Perhaps the women in the Hub might be able to attest to that fact. For me, I know as we age, the ability to bear pain reduces along with the physical strength of the body, and I don't see any reason why the same should not hold true with women as well. Therefore, I assume, for a women to have children in middle-age would be very very tiring and draining!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well Balaji though there are more girls who are waiting to get married there is still the stigma of being unmarried and older than 25...that seems to be the cut-off age from what i know...this being a concern not just for the parents but also the girl....and furthermore what is more disturbing is girls who though not marrying are dating or feel that it is imperative to have a boyfriend long before they are even sixteen...

I agree with Badri about the biology bit and know of enough grandmoms being stronger and healthier and having grandchildren when they are just reaching 50...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    ....and furthermore what is more disturbing is girls who though not marrying are dating or feel that it is imperative to have a boyfriend long before they are even sixteen...
    This is a concerning news....not a healthy trend... which means we are moving in western direction....Worried now on what will be the future for such a trend ?
    Its much more important now for the parents to groom their children well especially for those in the age group of 14 to 17.. where all bad things and temptations can get into one.....

Post Thanks / Like
    male-25
    female-23

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    male-25
    female-23
    Nilavu,

By 25 oru naal job kidaikiradhaaaa ... Are men able to settle down by 25 years with a good job...

For female- They do professional courses now and they come out of the professional courses by 22 years only.. They also need to save something for their marriage and other expenses...

I feel 25 for women may be ideal...or 26 probably..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Balaji
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    male-25
    female-23
    Nilavu,

By 25 oru naal job kidaikiradhaaaa ... Are men able to settle down by 25 years with a good job...

For female- They do professional courses now and they come out of the professional courses by 22 years only.. They also need to save something for their marriage and other expenses...

I feel 25 for women may be ideal...or 26 probably..
    but balaji...,waiting upto 26 for a girl is risk in our soceity....

may be guys upto 29

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My opinion is : It's the Biological Clock, that actually dictates as to how long a span of fertility one is blessed with!

Perhaps, for men, who could still father children, well into their winter years; women on the other hand are not so lucky!! Our best years are still very much dictated by the hormones which would one day cease production of ova.

It's for this reason alone, that it's best not to wait and try to tie the knot when women are still in their 20s. Contrary, to what many of us think, time is indeed relevant to decide on a whole gamut of needs and requirements that women are expected to fulfill. After all what actually underpins the notion of marriage if not procreation?????

I'm of course much amused, while writing this as I recall the movie, "Mannal Kayar" where the comic actor who's the prospective bridegroom, has 8 different conditions for his future wife to fulfill, before he would deign to marry her!!

While the audience indulged in comic relief, it also sank in, the absurdity of the situation, which drove home the reality of it!!
    Demand a broader view - BBC

Senior Member Regular Hubber dr#'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think 28 is perfect..........anyone interested?!!
    if you are reading this, you have far too much time on your hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Digression

Been absent a long while, Dr#? Welcome back!

End Digression
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Regular Hubber dr#'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you. i'm glad to be back.

busy at work during the spring, and then too busy watching the cricket this summer.

anyway i must say that all the people on this thread are getting or thinking of getting married awfully early. i mean 22-23....come on you want to enjoy a few years of post university independent adult working life to find out about yourself before you know who to spend the rest of your life with.

marriage should be seen as a lifetime contract like a mortgage.......and you should always be sure to know what you're buying and to be sure of reading the small print!!!
    if you are reading this, you have far too much time on your hands.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast