Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Maheshwar Bhakthas - 63 Nayanmargal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The place where Sambandhar got married is called … AACHAALPURAM… Its very close to Mayiladuthurai………I understand, even now, every year… one family performs… the marriage day as a small festival…..and also the Upanayanam function…. Religiously…..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

This site below gives some idea about Seegazhi and the great temple..

http://www.templenet.com/Tamilnadu/s088.html

Having mentioned about Sambandhar and also Thonipuram … Seergazi… I thought it will be relevant to mention about the temple also… The temple is somewhat peculiar… On top of the temple.. there is a sannadhi for SATTANATHAR….

Worth visiting… the township of Seegazi itself is very very ancient… The temple of Thiruthoniappar / Sattanathar / Bramapureeshwar….. its being called in several names…

But most devotees throng to this temple mainly to have a dharshan of Lord Sattanathar…

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Balaji anNe and Viggop anNe, I will remove the poll as per your wish and we should discuss the nayanmarghal one by one. pls contribute your valuable knowledge, thanks

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Dear Balaji anNe and Viggop anNe, I will remove the poll...
    Deleted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR
    Deleted.
    Dear RR thanks 4 this, i was unable to remove the poll, once created.

Dear Balaji AnNE and Viggop AnNe.

Can some one tell me in which century, Thirugna Sambhanthar was born?, was it in the 17th??

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Raghu"]
    Quote Originally Posted by RR
    Deleted.
    Dear RR thanks 4 this, i was unable to remove the poll, once created.

Dear Balaji AnNE and Viggop AnNe.

Can some one tell me in which century, Thirugna Sambhanthar was born?, was it in the 17th??

thanks[/quote

Dear Raghu,

Pl go through my previous posting... given below again :

]Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:02 am Post subject: About Gnana Sambandhar
    Must have lived during the early years of the seventh century AD That Sambandar is a contemporary of Appar and Siruttondar, otherwise known as Parañjotiyar, is evident from the legend in the Periyapuranam. We know Paranjötiyar was the Commander-in-chief of the Pallava King Narasimha Varnian I who distinguished himself against the Chãlukyas. According to inscriptional evidence, Narasimhavarman I succeeded Mãhêndravarman I in A.D. 630 and continued his rule to A.D. 660. Thus the age of Sambandar must be looked for sometime in the middle of the seventh century A.D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Balaji AnNe,

Thanks for the info, shall we discuss about 'Kanapar' the hunter, who placed his eye on ShivaLingam?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Balaji AnNe,

Thanks for the info, shall we discuss about 'Kanapar' the hunter, who placed his eye on ShivaLingam?

thanks
    Dear Raghu,

We are not finished yet with Sambandhar perumaan.....

I consider this thread as a DIVINE THREAD... Lets exchange more about Sambandhar before moving to other great personalities....

Generally, Appar ( Thirunaavukarasar ) , Sambandhar , Sundaramurthy ... They are the most talked about and known personalities ....

We shall explore and find out more and more of them...soon

You know, wherever Sambandhar went, the religion itself went along with him...Basically Almightly gave all the courage , knowledge and strength to him....

There are many miracles and events happened in his life...

Probably Viggop can bring out from his armoury..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Balaji anNe, Me too awaiting eagerly for more info on Thiru Gnana Sambhandar, at what he attained Mukthi?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Balaji anNe, Me too awaiting eagerly for more info on Thiru Gnana Sambhandar, at what he attained Mukthi?
    Raghu,

Lifting the earlier posting of Viggop ( hope he doesnt charge me for copyrights !!)

He was a friend of appar and he participated in many debates against the jain monks and defeated them.Hence , people came back to Hindu religion.He passed away when he was 16 years old during his marriage ceremony. The mandapam caught fire and it is said the entire people attending the marruage got moksham.

within the short span of 16 years he is supposed to have composed a lot of songs.A musical prodigy and a good scholar in debate.many miracles are attributed to him.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast