Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thiruvasakam if not sung by IR

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Thiruvasakam if not sung by IR

GUYS,

switch on u r music knowledge and analytical skills and suggest...if IR dint sing and were to choose which singers will be best for which of the Thiruvasakam songs

well i guess

POOVAR- shankar mahadevan ???
    POLLA VINAYE- SPB ???
    KOTHUMBI-Unni krishnan ???
    UMBARKA-Yesudoss ???
    MUTHU-Current singers are best already
    PUTRI VAA(Last one , i dont remember the lyrics)-Hariharan ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    poovar is a low pitched songs which once in a while goes to high pitch...I would prefer KJY of late 80s...Since he's not in his elements, the next best would be madhu balakrishnan.

and Hariharan should be kept as far away from this album as possible

Post Thanks / Like
    umbarkatkarasE - Shankar mahadevan would be good

Post Thanks / Like
    This is just my not so humble opinion,and i think specifically for TIS, if anyone other tha Raaja had sung, it would have been sacrilege, not in the religious sense but in a musical and spiritual sense. He might not have been the best singer technically speaking (as many here have pointed out) but the FEEL he gives and the effect he has on me cannot be matched by any other singer.

Post Thanks / Like
    aa,
    very true...Raja anubavichu pAdara mAdhiri yAr pAdiyirundhAlum mudiyAdhu! I don't give a damn for technical correctness as long as the song is captivating.

since krihoo wants the next best thing to Raja, I thought about the possible replacement.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had this album got released 10-15 years back, I am sure IR would have given "Poovar Senni Mannan" to KJY. "Kothumbi" by Unnikrishnan might be soothing too

As shankar and aa pointed out, IR melts. He rocks

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I met with Sri. K.J. Jeusdas 2 weeks ago in Raleigh NC where he gave a concert and presented him with the album. He was very happy to receive it as he could not get one and was interested as his son has sung a piece in it. During the conversation, he told me that IIR actually wanted him to sing a song in the album but he could not go to India due to some conflicts with his already booked concerts in USA.
    Well, in this modern era of technology, had both of them been serious, they could have found out a way to get him sing but let us take it at face value and at least feel happy that IIR DID think of other singers for this album at some point of time and it didn't happen that way!
    Aside, KJJ still has a good voice and would have excelled in 'Poovaar' and 'UmbarkatkarasE', without any doubts. But, as "AlAN' has said, I am very comfortable with the feel IIR has given to the songs.
    FINALLY, Fr. has written a very passionate mail to me indicating his plight and seeking all your help.
    This is what you can do.
    Just get one more person to buy this CD/DVD in USA from www.tis-usa.com.
    At least hard core fans make a pledge to make this CD/DVD as your GIFT IDEA for the next 12 months, whatever may be the occasion.
    Thank you.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am totally sick of Tisk keep on pleading in this forum to buy one more CD. My dear friend, we have done more than our part in supporting this cause by buying the original, even though it took damn delayed before it came to Singapore. No one bothered to make this available in due time. I had to get mine through my uncle who bought it from India. And that also sick to note without the promised DVD. Incompetence at all stages and unprofessionalism at each step of this project. Fr. or whoever should have handed these to professionals to handle. No everyone was like in it for glory....
    And up till now no figure of sales has been updated and any level, but like a scam you go on pleading among the same audience...please stop 'kundu sattikkul kuthurai Ottum' act and get out to do sales. You have got more than expected publicity through all the free media coverage....and yet you make it sound like there is not enough sales....Common please justify your acts....

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    <digression>
    ezy0265 can you just shut the fck up. if you dont wnat to buy another cd, keep quite. TISK put in his personal money for TIS, so he has every reason to promote the CD. Just keep quite.
    <digression>

KJY could have done a good job (if not better) with Poovar senni mannan. I cant think of any one else singing any other song.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'njv', pl. dont lose your cool. This guy is just reproducing one of his own old mails.
    If he has bought it, well and good.
    I am only appealing to those who haven't bought it yet to be influenced by those who have done it .
    If he can't do it, let him bark!
    sooriyanaip paarththu......'nnu vittidunga!
    YIA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast