Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Words

WORDS

Words are weird things. they work wonders like a magician's wand. They teach tact; they preach principles; they reach the remotest corners. They caress like downy feather.
    Words are at times like swords- they offend; they defend. At once the weapon and the shield. They have an edge, a cutting edge.
    Words are a powerful tool in an orator's hand to bend the mind of a crowd; after Caesar's death Brutus weilded words to convince the mass successfully. The same mass somersaulted when Antony's eloquence prevailed upon it. A classic Shakespearean example of what persuasive powers words can have.
    Words are bridges to span impassable passes of differences. words are like thebrilliant strokes on a painter's canvas. They bring out the deepest shades of the most unfathomable emotions. they scale the most precipitous heights of imagination.
    They can sparkle with wit, sting with sarcasm, sing with cadence and weave kaleidoscopic patterns of all grammatical and ungrammatical, poetic and prosaic possibilities. Are of infinite variety, undefined dignity and indefatigable verve. Can build a surprising strata of unsuspected nuances. Words are the keys to open the gates of the worlds of fact and fantasy.
    Unbelievably paradoxical in character- sure bets as both barbs and balms. Unspoken words are at times more explicit than volumes of verbosity. At the same time words not spoken at the correct moment are dangerously damaging.
    Words can be traps. Can also give refuge. Can be used as feelers in sensitive zones of human interaction. They can embarrass by tying the tongue. they can enthral by cascading - outpacing the speeding thoughts and imagery of a literary genius.
    Words have power to make and break. Can cheat the gullible. Can beat the cynical. Can save the respectful. Bite them, chew them, eat them. Drawl them, relish them.
    Humming and hawing, couching insinuations of myriad shades, revealing and exposing, secretive and seductive, charging themselves with all charms of man's best communication strategy parade words the world over.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A wonderful post PP. But I am not surprised, it is expected of you ofcourse!
    Some time I read, your thoughts are restricted to your vocabulary. I didn't believe it then. Later on I have realised how true it is.
    Thnx for bringing our awareness to vital aspects of some thing we use every day!
    a smile takes you a mile

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant words Pavalam!! But it would be better formatted in paragraphs or stanzas.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on something so common yet so profound!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A well- expressed thought!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Words are nothing without the esprit.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Though I had to look up the dictionary for meanings to most of your WORDS!! I enjoyed WORDS!! Keep up the good work!!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber Chenthamizhan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the existential divide

words around you
    silence within you
    love around you
    peace within you
    nature around you
    god within you
    If you can't find beauty in others, you are not looking deep enough.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pavalamani,I don't think I will ever make an attempt to match you with words .It was simply superb.All I know about you is that you are a grannie since I have seen that Dictator thread.Are you a teacher?
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cannot say much to you PP but repeat the sentiments expressed by previous hubbers...truly awe-inspiring

As a child i was told when coming home crying after called a racist term:

Sticks and Stones may break my bones,
    But names will never hurt me...

nothing is farther from the truth...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber xlntbarani's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all...

This one i got from my UG Class room

I hope you may .... enjoy

If you enjoy ... i will get ssss..... cold
    If you scold ... i will enjoy by learning .... that should not put rubbish things like this.....

POUR means 'waar'thal in Tamil
    WAR means 'pour' in Tamil

Try ... to get a new combination like this .... if you are free....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast