Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    A test message

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nov!
    Kindly accept my heartfelt thanks for the welcoming note. I am happy that this cookery thread will flourish finely without any hindrance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Roshan!
    Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I am sure tasty and delicious will follow soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dev!
    I haven’t tasted that type of sambar yet. But I think that I have that recipe- This Karnataka sambar recipe is also called as ‘KUTU’. If you want this recipe, I will post it later. Thanks a lot for the feedback on Aval puli uppuma and I am happy that you have enjoyed it very much. Here I am posting a few recipes of cakes for you! These are all prepared by Gas oven.

CHOCOLATE AND ORANGE CAKE:
    Ingredients:
    Butter- 100gms, eggs-2, yogourt-1/2 cup, sugar- 1 cup, orange juice- 5 tbsp, plain flour-2 ½ cups, baking soda-1sp, grated chocolate-175gms, orange rind-1 tbsp
    Procedure:
    Sieve the flour with the baking soda twice. Beat the butter with the powdered sugar well. Then add the eggs one by one and beat well to a fluffy texture. Then add the orange juice and the yogurt and beat for a few seconds. Then add the flour and the chocolate and mix lightly with the fingers. Pour in a baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 160 degree C.

COFFEE CAKE:
    Ingredients:
    Butter- 125 gms, castor sugar- 175gms, dark brown sugar- 25gms, eggs- 2, plain flour- 225 gms, baking powder- 1 tsp, ground cinnamon- 1 tsp, instant coffee-2 tbsp, milk-175ml, cream- 1 cup, sugar- 2 tbsp
    Procedure:
    Preheat the oven to 160 Degree C. Grease 2x20 cm sandwich tins. Mix cream and 2 tbsp of sugar well and keep aside. Sieve the flour with the baking powder and the cinnamon powder twice. Beat together butter, castor sugar and the brown sugar well. Pour the eggs and whisk finely. Add the flour mixture little by little mixing with the fingers. Blend coffee with the milk and add this to the batter. Divide it between the two tins. Bake for 2o to 25 minutes. When cooled, sandwich together with whipped sweetened cream.

Post Thanks / Like
    • From: Kamakshi (@ 195.229.241.188) on: Wed Nov 17 15:38:54 EST 2004
    Dear Kamakshi!
    It is surprising that you couldn’t buy a good coconut scrapper even in Chennai! At Kumbakonam and Thanjavur, you can get good coconut scrappers. If I happen to see a good coconut scrapper here, I will tell you about it immediately.
    About Rasamalai- it will be very soft once it is prepared and the size of it will also be doubled once it is simmered in the milk. The quantity of yr cup may vary with the correct quantity. So I have measured the milk powder with my cup’s quantity. It is measured to 100gms of milk powder. So you can measure to 100gms and then try again. There is no need to add either milk or water. Then you can’t get the original taste and also yr preparation may go wrong. It will take just a few minutes to get soft dough. First mix all the ingredients well and then wash yr hand. Then begin to knead the mixture. There will be no uneven surface or cracks.
    About chicken 65-keep the marinated chicken in the fridge for some hours. You can mix the ingredients and keep it covered over night. You can immediately fry it when you take it from the fridge. Do not fry for a long time. It will become hard. As you have marinated the chicken for a long time, it will take only a little time to cook. Any the chicken should be fried on medium fire-not a high fire.
    Thank a lot for the feedback on carrot halwa. I also like it very much for its delicious taste. I will post some sweet recipes using condensed milk soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Kz!
    About Urundai kuzhambu- the ground paste of the dals should not be very dry. And also, steamed urundais will be a little harder and not as soft as the ones which we add in the kuzhambu directly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello R!
    Thank you very much for the feedback on potato fry and snake gourd koottu-III. And I do not know anything about removing the stains on Man agal vilakku. Usually agal vilakku is bought freshly every year for the use in the native place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sandysri!
    Yes. Thanjavur is famous for its culture, its beautiful temple and Tamil sangam.
    About the recipe “Kadhambam”-I do not have any knowledge of it. I know only a type of variety rice which is called “Kadhamba sadham”.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear KH!
    I will post the recipe of ‘vegetable briyani’ soon!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano
    I tried preparing chappathi according to the hint u have given for its soft texture . The chappathis were soft . But how muchever thin i roll the chappathi flour , chappathi is thick once its cooked .Why is it so ? Where did i go wrong . Pls clarify me when u find time .

Page 8 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast