Page 62 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Ribbon pakoda

Dear Mrs. Mano,

Thanks for your suggestion! I thought my query will be hidden with these so many posts, but you have responded. Thank you once again. I will post my feedback once I get the achu.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mrs.Mano,

It is nice seeing you in arusuvai.com

Hope u have good time in India. Tried ur palgova,puttu,parupu urundai kuzhambu. All came good. Thks.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Mrs.Mano's receipes please

Hi,
    I have joined in the forumhub newly. Can anyone please send the Mrs.Mano's recipe collection to
    umasas2002@yahoo.com
    I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nalabaagam,
    To cool our body we should frequently take headbath for atleast 3 to 4 times per week in warm water (should avoid hot water)with
    1tsp coconut oil(because Due to the heater-usage in US the hair always dries up).After that completely dry your hair naturally(avoid using fan & hair dryer).
    If you are following whole grain diet(which is very good for health) but most of the time will cause internal dryness and that will appear in skin,in the form of dry skin & small koppulam(in Tamil).To avoid that we should always consume whole grains with little bit of ghee.

My mom always says the grain Ragi(finger millet) will produce excessive heat in our body.That's why in olden days before consuming ragi kali they always put them in buttermilk for whole night.Also when making ragi dosa we must add equal parts of rice to it.ragi puttu should always eaten either with coconut milk or with milk.Another way is when preparing the puttu you can add boiled split green gram or eating puttu with ghee also good.people who have constipation should avoid ragi.Wheat is also give heat to the body.
    So to balance that when you make chapati add ghee or grated radish to the dough or make side dish with split green gram.
    recently i read an article in a magazine given by a famous AYURVEDIC DOCTER name MR.Raveendaran(MR.vajpayee,when he was a prime minister went to his hospital in kerala and treated by him for his knee problem).In that he said people should totally avoid consuming curd in their diet.In olden days people in india never consume curd instead, they only eat butter milk.
    eating curd not only produce excessive heat in our body but also induce hormonal imbalance and also cause numerous health problems.He also said the buttermilk is not the one we are making most of our home nowadays(addind water to curd)and it is more harmful than curd!
    First entierly separating the butter from the curd(by using a wooden maththu or mixie) and then addind plenty of water is the way to make real butter milk which is very very good for health!

Also about making thayir saadam one should always first cook the rice in milk(i think we can add water to the milk) and after cooling, can add spoon of curd and leave it for over night(around 7 to 8 hours) and eating this will cool the body very nicely!.This is the real one and in olden days this way only people make thayir saadham in our country!!!!
    eating MILK,BUTTER MILK and GHEE will cool the body and curd & butter will give heat to the body.

by the way if you are using woolen blankets or using slippers in home can avoid that for couple of days and you may see good results.
    also exercising regularly(which is realy hard to do) will eliminate exessive body heat.Hope this will help you!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ilavenil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was really impressed to see the number of people appreciating Mrs. Mano's recipe. I will be very thankful if someone can send me a copy to img_1103@yahoo.com. Thank you so much in advance.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

hello mrs. mano

i tried your potato fry recipe it came out very well.thanks

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs.Mano,
    Please take all the time u need.Enjoy ur stay at Thanjavur.Meanwhile i have tried all of ur kozhambu varieties and needless to say my husband is a very happy n satisfied person nowadays.Hope to hear from u soon,Mrs.Mano.

Warmly,
    Suganthi

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mrs mano

thanks for the reply on microwave, i saw the site it was really very good , i will send the features of the microwave which i intend to to buy pls let me know ur comments

Sharp brand
    double grill/convention microwave oven
    * high power top and bottom grill heating system
    * top and bottom heater with convection fan
    * 27 - litre large oven capacity
    *pizza cook and crispy snack keys
    *7 sensor cook menu keys
    *9 auto menu keys
    *preheat func
    *stainless steel interior

i expect all of ur suggestions thanks in advance

regds
    honey

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Godhumai rava recipes

Hello Mrs. Mano,

Hope you are having a nice time in Thanjavur. Please take your time to revert once your back and settled with your daily routines.

Meanwhile, I wanted to post another query on godhumai rava recipes.
    I have heard that godhumai rava is very good for health. I have also tasted godhumai rava pongal/upma (not sure) in one of my friend's place long time ago. Thought of checking with you on godhumai rava recipes that are easy to make and healthy to have.

Regards,
    Nalabaagam

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rathi

Hi Rathi,

That was an awesome reply on body heat reduction tips. Thanks for taking the time to put them down.

I have always been having curd in my daily lunch and wondering why still so much body heat??? Now I understand, it is better to have it in the form of buttermilk. Let me start having and note the difference.

Regards,
    Nalabaagam