Page 60 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jason,

I just forwarded you the recipe collection. Enjoy!!! They are really good.

Sangeetha.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nalabaagam,

A simple method to effectively reduce body heat is to apply 1/2 a tsp. of castor oil on the very top of your head and rub it in. Do the same for the soles of your feet, rubbing the oil vigorously. Do this at night just before going to bed, and you will feel a difference the next morning itself. If you don't have this oil {velakkennai in tamil}, you can also use gingelly oil {nallennai}.
    Apart from this, you can include veggies with high water content, like ash-gourd {poosanikkai}, banana-stem {vazhaithandu}, snakegourd, kovakkai etc. Similarly fruits like kiwi, pineapple , plums and figs { anjeer in hindi, athipazham in tamil } are cooling. Even soya products other than soya milk, like soya flour, soya cheese{tofu}, soya chunks, soya beans and even urad dal, mung dal are cooling for the body.

Stomach ache due to body heat is concentrated just below and around the navel area. A drop of castor oil rubbed vigorously in the area , helps relieve the heat and pain.
    You can try this simple vendhya kashayam also, which is excellent for reducing even severe body heat , esp. during the scorching Indian summers. Simply boil 2 tsp. methi seeds in 2 cups of water, till water reduces to 1 cup and the liquid gets pale yellow colour. Strain the seeds, cool the water a little bit, add a drop of ghee and little palm sugar {panamkalkandu in tamil}, or even ordinary sugar, to make the bitter taste bearable. Drink, rest for about 10mins. Even the most acute of tummy aches will disappear.

Hope this info. is useful,
    Bye.

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put few teaspoon of cumin seed in water(1 lt). Boil nicely till the color of water become pale yellow. Cool it and drink this water instead of plain water. This will reduce the body heat and also good for health.

Seeragam=Seer+Agam

Agam means body. Seer means good. So seeragam means keep body in good condition. I heard this from some sidha vaidhiyam show.

Also we our sefl use this seeraga water druing every summer in India.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Want a copy of Mrs Mano's Recipes

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am not that great at cooking, jus started after marriage.. So I would like to have a copy of Mrs.Manos recipes sent to me at svasu_ani@yahoo.com

Thanks

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.. Thattai.. can you please forward to me the bryiani recipe and other recipes to my e-mail : zorrokc@yahoo.com
    Thanks............

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!

The recipe files have been sent to helenthomasin@yahoo.co.in, dewhoneycream27@yahoo.com.sg & svasu_ani@yahoo.com.

Helen, sorry for the delay. It may be a good idea to save the files in your hard disc to prevent accidental deletion...

Rg,

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Inimai!
    I regret for my delayed reply.
    You can use raw rice flour, which we can buy from any grocery shop for making the snack ribbon pakoda. There is no need to soak and grind the rice to use in this recipe. There are so many varieties in RIBBON PAKODA recipes. You can increase a little bit chilli powder. For a Change you can grind green chillies with a little ginger instead of chilli powder. Even you can grind red chillies with a few garlic pearls and add this paste to the flour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Honeydew!
    Nowadays every brand of microwave oven has so many facilities like baking, grilling etc. You must go for a famous brand with a couple of years of guarantee. I am using the Whirlpool microwave oven and it is really good. I do not know which brand is good and famous in US. Here I have attached a good link for microwave cooking. Please go through it thoroughly before buying yr m.oven.
    http://www.microwavecookingforone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Di!
    I am happy that yr experiment on raw banana koottu turned very well for you. It is correct that you have added the cooked tuar dal in the end and allowed it to cook for few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pr!
    Thanks you very much for the compliments.