Page 17 of 158 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs. Mano,
    Hope you are doing well. I was unable to access Internet due to some prob. in my PC, I was actually missing browsing this site. The new hub looks cool and professional, very nice.
    Thanks for responding about rasmalai & chicken 65. Yes, I used the standard plastic measuring cups (which comes as a set), where 1 cup is for 200gms. ! No wonder the rasmalai was tough/ hard. I will certainly give you the feedback after trying with 100gms. of milk powder. Past days I had tried out your version of Red chutney (with idli), Appalakootu and Jeeraka rasam. They all were very superb , and the kootu was so easy and quick to make, esp. when we are short of vegetables. I never knew we can use appalam like this, in a dish; thanks so very much for the different and delicious recipe.
    Do post me some condensed milk (stove-top) sweet varities, I had requested earlier, when time permits. Take care,
    Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link, Mrs.Mano..Will try it out someday..

Post Thanks / Like

confinement food

Hi Mrs. Mano,

How are you? I made Asoka. It was Mmmmmmmmm.......... wonderful. I need some confinement food recipes ( food after delivary). when ever you get time and energy you can post it. it's not urgent , thank you very much

kala

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs.Mano
    I tried making chappathis with soyaflour as you suggested with methi leaves.I mixed only very little soyflour and it came out good.Any special side dishes for this?Also do you know how to make nenthrakaya chips, the one we get in kanyakumari and thirunelveli, little fluffy and thick and spicy.I usually make kerala style chips which comes out good but I really love the tamilnadu type chips.Sorry for troubling you.If you find time please reply me .Thank you Mrs.Mano

Post Thanks / Like

Crab Curry

I have never tried cooking crab. Can you please tell me how to clean and make a traditional chettinad crab curry.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Mrs.manos recipe

I have been a silent follower of this thread. I like the way Mrs. Mano takes pain in answering the queries. Does any one have the recipes of Mrs.Mano after tamilnadu delicacies part 2. she had earlier made the recipes into 2 parts . Can anyone send the recipes she posted after those 2 parts?

Thanks
    GV

Post Thanks / Like
    Here the recipe for arisi pori dosa recipe-

Ingredients

Arisi pori 2 cups, raw rice 1 cup, coconut grated 1 tbsp, salt, oil

Method

Soak pori and rice for 2 hrs and grind them with coconut. At the end, add salt and mix well. Ferment for 8 hrs. `

After fermentation, start making thick dosas and keep the fire in medium. Pori dosa is ready. Thengai kaara thuvayal goes well.

With 10 red chillies, add salt grind nicely. Add 1 cup of coconut grated, grind coarsely. Add 5 sambar onion and grind lightly. Ready to eat.

p.s.: Since I did not like the raw taste of onion and chillies, i tried this thuvayal alone by frying in little oil with the above ingredients. It was really tasty.

Bye.

Post Thanks / Like

channa batura

Hai Mrs.Mano,

Could you please post the recipe of channa batura.

Thanks
    sun

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Rema!
    I am happy that the soya chappathi preparation turned nicely for you. I haven’t tasted the Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari chips so far and so I couldn’t give the recipe for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mrs.Mano,

Have a query about health. I read that taking ginger juice with honey will help one to reduce from getting cold and cough.

So, can I give this kind of juice every day to my 6 yr old son ? Taking everyday is harmful to health? Pls clarify..

Thanks and Regards.