Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1575

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear gayesh!

For fluffy-crisp restaurant style puris and chola puris-
    The secret lies in mixing flours, the flame and the thickness. There is no need for a particular recipe. Just add a little plain flour to the wheat flour along with salt, a little sugar and a pinch of baking powder. For example, add 3 tbsp of plain flour, 1/4 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of sugar to 2 cups of wheat flour. Make stiff dough. Keep it covered with a damp cloth for at least 1 hour. When frying the puris, the fire must be high. Do not roll the puris into a thick one. Slightly thickened puri will puff immediately when putting it in hot oil.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Rajshank!

I was delighted to know that your ‘bread toast with the idli batter’ turned very yummy! I really appreciate yr enthusiasm in trying new recipes! Thanks a lot for the nice feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Arrecipes!

Thank you very much for the feedback on egg fried rice..

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Chamy!

I felt glad to note that you have tried so many recipes of mine successfully. That is the result I want with my continuous work. Thank you very much for the nice feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Thattai!

I always believe that every one should be helpful to others in any way they can. I have started this thread to share my knowledge in cookery with others and thus be helpful to people who love cooking. I am really happy now that my recipes make so many persons satisfied. Thanks a lot for the nice appreciation as well as the feedback on my recipes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear pr!

In villages, boiled rice is used to make idiyappams. They are also called as sandhakai and sevais. Most of the people make idiyappams with the raw rice only. Some people will soak either par boiled rice or raw rice and grind it to a fine batter. Then will add enough salt and a little oil. They will steam the batter by pouring it in to the idli moulds. Then pass them through the idiyaappam press or sevai press when they are hot. Here I am re-posting the recipe of Idiyappam for you.

IDIYAPPAM:

Soak few cups of raw rice in water for half an hour and then drain it.
    Pound the rice into fine flour. Sieve the flour twice. Put this flour in a thin cloth and then put it in a bowl. Close the top with the corners of the cloth. Steam it for 15 minutes. Then place it on a cloth, allow it to cool down, break down any lumps and then again sieve it. You can keep this flour for months.
    Some people will not steam the rice flour. They will fry the flour on a very low fire. When a good smell comes from the flour, it must be taken out, cooled down and again sieved.
    Take 1 cup of the prepared flour in a bowl and add 1sp oil and a little salt to the flour. Boil 1 to 1/2 cups of water. When it simmers, pour it on the flour little by little and mix well with a wooden spoon. It should not be very rough dough.
    You must feel flexibility and smoothness in your hand and be careful not to add much water. Put this dough in a greased idiyaappam maker and press the idiyaappams in a greased idiyaappam mould nicely. Steam them for 15 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear pr!

In villages, boiled rice is used to make idiyappams. They are also called as sandhakai and sevais. Most of the people make idiyappams with the raw rice only. Some people will soak either par boiled rice or raw rice and grind it to a fine batter. Then will add enough salt and a little oil. They will steam the batter by pouring it in to the idli moulds. Then pass them through the idiyaappam press or sevai press when they are hot. Here I am re-posting the recipe of Idiyappam for you.

IDIYAPPAM:

Soak few cups of raw rice in water for half an hour and then drain it.
    Pound the rice into fine flour. Sieve the flour twice. Put this flour in a thin cloth and then put it in a bowl. Close the top with the corners of the cloth. Steam it for 15 minutes. Then place it on a cloth, allow it to cool down, break down any lumps and then again sieve it. You can keep this flour for months.
    Some people will not steam the rice flour. They will fry the flour on a very low fire. When a good smell comes from the flour, it must be taken out, cooled down and again sieved.
    Take 1 cup of the prepared flour in a bowl and add 1sp oil and a little salt to the flour. Boil 1 to 1/2 cups of water. When it simmers, pour it on the flour little by little and mix well with a wooden spoon. It should not be very rough dough.
    You must feel flexibility and smoothness in your hand and be careful not to add much water. Put this dough in a greased idiyaappam maker and press the idiyaappams in a greased idiyaappam mould nicely. Steam them for 15 minutes.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dear mrs.mano,
    thanks a lot for ur puri recipe.it was really apprecaited in our home.

pls keep up the good work!!

rgds,
    gayesh

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano
    Thank u very much for your prompt reply . I have ur idiyappam recipe already in my file . It would be great if you post the proportion of raw rice and boiled rice for sevai .. Does the proportion have an impact on taste and texture ?? pls clarify me when u find time .
    Thanks
    Pr

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs.Mano
    Hope you are keeping well.I made ur "Curd cucumber semiya" and it was truly delicious and refreshing to eat.

Thanks and regards
    Suganthi