Page 150 of 158 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1575

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mano
    Dear Dev!

Thanks a lot for the feedback on Tomato briyani. In this recipe, there is no need for garlic-ginger paste. If you want to add it, you can add in a small quantity. The taste will be a little different.
    Thanks Mrs.Mano... I guess I'll follow the recipe as it is coz my husb, who takes briyani only when he doesn't have any other option, tasted the tomato briyani (of course after I requested him quiet a no of times to try it) & liked it!!!... He said it's very mild & to his taste... The gin-gar addition is for me, I like briyanis to be real spicy...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats

Congrats Mrs. Mano akka on reaching 100 pages.
    It's the result of your untiring work.
    Your services will not be forgotten.
    A very big hand for Mano akka.
    Kavitha Ravi
    Faith is the surest guide in the darkest days
    KR

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mrs Mano,

I am new to this site and I'm enjoying this site alot. Few days back i made ur chettinaud Chicken biryani and it came out perfect and very tasty. Thanks

Mrs Mano i have been looking for a perfect recipe for the dish called BONELESS HANDI CHICKEN/ HANDI MURGH but couldn't find any single recipe on the net that seems perfect or exact. If u have any such recipe then plz do share as i am expecting some guests day after tomorrow n i wanna make that.

Thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Can Mrs.Mano or anyone pls let me know some good combination for Pongal(other than sambhar,mint chutney & coconut chuteny)...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Hi,

Can Mrs.Mano or anyone pls let me know some good combination for Pongal(other than sambhar,mint chutney & coconut chuteny)...
    Dev, we make vengaaya gotsu for pongal. Chop big onions finely. Red Chilli padi chopped finely. Lemon sized ball of tamarind. Asfoetida. Mustard seeds. Uzhutham paruppu. Rice flour for thickening. Curry leaves. Salt. Oil.

Burst mustard seeds, lower flame throw in uzhutham paruppu. When it turns slightly brown, add chopped onions, saute till translucent. Throw in the chopped red chillies. Saute. Add asfoetida. Saute. Add tamarind juice ( for one big onion, you might need at least one tumbler of water, or slightly more). Increase flame, bring to boil. Stir well, lower flame and let it boil for about 10 minutes or so, or until the raw taste of tamarind goe off. Add salt. Mix rice flour with water and make sure there are no lumps. Stir into the gotsu. Once it starts boiling, add curry leaves, stir well, check for salt and turn off the fire. Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes before serving.

The finished product has a light purple tinge (coz of the onions & tamarind), shouldn't be gooey nor runny, and looks a pretty sight with the black dots of mustard seeds, redness of the chilli, green of curry leaves and translucent onions.

Sorry I dont have any exact measurements!

Shoba

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shoba... Will try & let U know...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello NOV!

Thank you very much for the appreciation as well as the encouragement. All these inspire more responsibility and dedication towards this thread!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Kavitha Ravi!

Thanks a lot for the appreciation. Here I sincerely thank Mr.NOV, AND ALL THE FRIENDS AND HUBBERS for the support and the interest they have showered on this thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs. Mano,
    Keep up the good work...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats !!

Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Congratulations Mrs Mano, on reaching 100 pages!!!

This works out to an average of 1 page every three days! Way to go.
    Hello Mrs. Mano,

My best wishes are with you.
    Pray that you should write this thread for many years to come and soon bring out a very detailed cookery book which will be unique.

Nichiro
    Raam Raahave Namah: