Page 15 of 158 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mrs.Mano,
    Can you please post some recipes using pavakkai, i tired making puli kolambu but it was bitter. I do only pavakkai deep fry (chips) as it isn't that bitter. Please post when u r free. thankyou.
    Kz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello R!
    1 standard metric cup is equal to 250 ml of water. So you need 4 cups for 1 litre. Secondly, garlic butter is applied into the garlic bread-not garlic paste. Do you need it

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Ivete!
    After the final stage, you can filter the ghee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr.Guns!
    I couldn’t send the microwave recipes by email as it needs extra time and work. I hope you will understand. If you want, I can post here some microwave recipes and so other hubbers will be benefited by them also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pr!
    You can make cashew nut burfi like badam burfi, but with different measurements. It is also prepared with the addition of plain flour or khoya etc.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the measurement. And, of course, I do need the recipe for garlic butter, whenever you are free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano
    Thanks for clarification . I think u have interchanged badam and cashewnut while typing if i,m right . Cld u pls post the recipe for badam burfi also .. I tried ur cashewnut burfi for the second, third and fourth time and gave it to my friends . They really liked it very much . They told that the sweet tempted them to go for one more and one more and so on . All the credits should go to u . Thanks a lot
    Pr .

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pr!
    Yes. I have misunderstood that you had asked for the cashew nut burfi. Just a moment of concentration lapse.
    I do not remember whether I have posted any recipe of Badam burfi previously. I will check my attachment and then post you the recipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear KZ!
    I have already posted ‘pavakkai [bitter gourd] podimas in this thread. It is a delicious recipe. If you add it in the puli kuzhambu, it will be very tasty. Remove the seeds and then slice the bitter gourd. When you fry onion and tomato for the puli kuzhambu, add these bitter gourd pieces after the onion and the tomato are cooked thoroughly and the oil floats on top. Stir the bitter gourd pieces for a few minutes until it is combined well with the onion and the tomato. Then add the fenugreek powder and fry. That is all. Then prepare the kuzhambu. You will get a very tasty pakalkai puli kuzhambu. Always soak the bitter gourd pieces with a little lemon juice, 1 sp sugar and a little salt for ˝ hour. Then drain the water or just wash once the vegetable. You can see the bitter taste had disappeared. Then you can try any method-like varuval, koottu etc. Here I am posting a recipe on bitter gourd for you!
    PAKALKAI [BITTER GOURD] PULI KOOTTU:
    Ingredients:
    3 big bitter gourds, a handful of lentils, a handful of Bengal gram, gooseberry sized tamarind, 2 handfuls of shredded coconut, red chillies-5, chopped tomatoes-1 cup, mustard seeds- 1tsp, black gram- 1 tsp, curry leaves-1 spring, cashew nuts-5, oil-2 tbsp, turmeric powder-1 tsp, salt to taste
    Procedure:
    Soak the tamarind in water for ˝ hour and then extract its thick juice. Cook the dals with enough water. When they are cooked to the 3/4th, add the tomatoes with the turmeric powder and the bitter gourd pieces. After a few minutes, grind a handful of coconut with the red chillies to a fine paste and add this with the tamarind juice to the koottu. Let it cook for a few minutes. Heat a kadai and pour the oil. When it becomes hot, add the mustard seeds. Then add the black gram, cashew nuts and the curry leaves and fry till golden brown. Add the remaining shredded coconut and fry for a minute. Add this to the koottu and cook for a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mrs.Mano,
    Thanks a lot for the pavakkai recipe, will try it and let you know.So there is no need to add jaggery to the kolambu rite.
    Thankyou .
    bye
    Kz