Page 148 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1575

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear kritica!

Here I am posting the recipe ‘ Koththamalli thokku ‘for you. This is a dry preparation but not like a powder as ‘Paruppu podi’. This is a traditional recipe which I have learnt from my mother in law. This delicious thokku goes well with curd rice, idli and dosai. I have posted this recipe previously in the guest’s corner of Mr.Hemant’s cookery website.

KOTHAMALLI THOKKU.[CORIANDER THOKKU]

Ingredients:

Coriander leaves- 2 big handfuls.
    Red chillies: 15nos.
    Split black gram- 3/4 cup[150 gram]
    Asafoetida- a small piece
    Tamarind- a small lemon size
    Gingely oil
    Enough salt.

METHOD:

Remove the big stems and wash the coriander leaves well. Coriander leaves with short stems will give more delicious taste. If so, there is no need to leave away the stems. Dry the leaves on a paper or a cloth.
    In a kadai, pour 1sp of gingely oil and fry the asafotida piece. Then fry the red chillies for a few seconds. Take away the red chillies. In the same oil, fry the black gram on slow fire to a golden brown colour. This thokku is especially prepared in a ural. But we couldn't get that nowadays. So we can make this in a mixie. Powder the fried ingredients. Take away the powder.
    In the mixie, put the tamarind pieces and pour 2 tsp of gingely oil. Run the mixie in high speed for a minute. Open it and see whether the tamarind has been crushed. If not, add one or two spoons of gingelly oil and again grind for a minute. Now add the powder and again run the mixie for a minute. Then add the coriander leaves and run the mixie for 2 minutes. Then open it and add enough salt. Again run the mixie for a minute. Now Kothamalli thokku is ready to serve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Inimai!

I haven’t noticed yr posting previously and I regret for that. Somehow I have missed it.
    Thanks a lot for the Diwali wishes as well as the feedback on ribbon pakoda.
    The rice flour you have bought may not be suitable for the idiyappam preparation. Anyhow, roast it slightly and then use it after the flour has been cooled.
    Other than the usual murukku press, a few good types of ‘murukku press’ has come in the market. You can get them in any Indian shops. With the new type[I think the brand’s names are ’Anjali and ‘Surya’.] you can hold the murukku press with yr left hand and just give pressure in the handles with the right hand. The dough will easily flow in the oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs.Mano,
    Thank you for your recipe.. i will try it over the weekend and let u know the results...
    thank you once again

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mrs.Mano,

Tried Tomato briyani today... It turned out delicious... The only modi I did was to add skimmed milk+water instead of coconut milk... The recipe was very simple & quick to make...Thanks a lot for such simple & delicious recipe...

Have a doubt... the recipe doesn't call for gin-gar paste... Is that how it is made or should we add gin-gar paste?...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear mrs. mano,

Thank you for your suggestions!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

hai

hai,
    i'm new to this hub.Anyone please send Mrs.mano's cookbook receipe to cynthia_a02@yahoo.com.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,
    please do send me mrs.mano's recipe book... to kritica_22@yahoo.com
    thanks in advance
    Kritica

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thattai
    Dear Mrs. Mano,

Could you please suggest some different ways to make avarakkai? I usually make a standard sabzi with onions, tomatoes and curry powder or include it as a sambhar vegetable. Any inputs with regards to new ways of making this vegetable would be most welcome.

Thanks and regards,

Thattai
    Dear MRs MAno,

Would appreciate your inputs for the above query.

In the meantime, also made ven pongal and potato and brinjal kothsu as per your recipes. Both turned out very nice. Made mutton biryani also as per the 1st method. This has become a standard in our house, and my husband does not want me to try any other method, as he likes it so much!

Thattai

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thattai, I believe Mrs.Mano has already responded to the above query abt avarakkai... pls browse thry the previous posts...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Upma/ Kichadi?

Dear Mrs. Mano,

This query might sound silly.. but I tasted a wonderful rava kichadi at my friends place yesterday. She also makes kesari that melts in the mouth. When I asked her for the rava: water ratio and asked if she added ghee, she said that she uses 1:1.5 ratio (which is what I use as well) and added only 1 tsp of ghee. I am trying to get my kids to eat south indian food. They binged on the kichadi yesterday. I wish I could make upma/ kichadi that good for them. My upma/ kichadi doesn't turn out that soft.

Could you detail out step by step instructions for yummy upma/kichadi?

My friend seems to think that she doesn't do anything different.

Thanks
    D