Page 112 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1575

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for yr reply, Mrs.Mano.

Actually, dont have a measuring cup; mine is a big tumbler. As per yr measurement around 5 to 6 cups should be fine, guess. And abt size, I was told to put a smaller one so that everyone can take either 1 or 2 pieces.

Since the qty is on the larger amt. am planning to split into 2 batches; will also get some idea abt the pieces from the first bach itself. Thank you so much..

Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    One more doubt, Mrs.Mano..

What is the English name for pana kizhangu and thinai? or, how do we people nowadays represent panakizhangu? Thinai-heard abt it, but does not know abt the look.

Sorry to bother you and thanks in advance.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs Mano,

Tried Vegetable pasta. It came out well. Thanks for posting the recipe on request.

regards,
    sharky.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano,

Wow, You are a legend. I was just going through the forum and i wished i stayed as your next door neighbour to taste all your tasty food.

But i am newbie in cooking and in kitchen only for 1 year and i am always looking for new and good receipes.

Can you please send me your receipes that you have posted to my mail id gseenivasagam@yahoo.com.au

Thank you in advance

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mrs. Mano,

I tried ur recipes of Aapam, Kozhi Kozhambu and Mor Kozhambu. Aapam with Kozhi Kozhambu was fabulous. Mor Kozhambu was little bitter I followed the same method and measurement as in ur recipe.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs. Mano,
    Can u post the recipe of Kadappa - an accompaniment of idli and dosa. This dish is famous in Chidambaram area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs.Mano,

Yesterday, for the baby shower, prepared coconut burfi; around 6 tumblers took to make 60 burfis.

For the first batch, made it in a medium fire and hence,the color was creamish white; but, it took a long time. So,for the second batch, kept in high flame and hence, the color came out red like some milk cake.

Either way,that sweet was very hit and everyone loved it. They all kept on taking like 2 or 3. All their appreciations/credit goes to you. they all did not believe that it was coconut burfi. So many compliments and appreciations.

Thanks to you a lot & lot..
    --------------------------------

a few doubts-I was using white iron vanali, at the last stage, though I kept the fire in medium, the sides were becoming red and I removed them with a spoon. To avoid this problem, what to do?

When I made in a smaller qty, the color was very white. But, the first batch itself came out creamish color(not pure white). Is that how it will be? Understood that we are stirring for a long time.

Can you suggest me some tips on stirring coconut burfi for a large quantities?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear R!

I couldn’t find out the appropriate English words for panam kizhangu and thinai. If I come across the English names in future, I will inform you definitely.
    I also have not seen ‘Thinai’ till date.

Thanks a lot for the feedback on ‘Coconut burfi’. I felt happy to know that yr guests have enjoyed them very much.

If we use hindalium kadai[white], the light brown patches will be there around the vanali during the preparation of coconut burfi. We must stir the burfi continuously until it is cooked and the process is finished. If you use Kolkatta vanali, the trouble will be less when you stir the burfi mixture. I do not know about the non-stick pan. Suppose you can get a white burfi with it. In a microwave oven, you can prepare this without any hassles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sharkey!

Thank you very much for the feedback on the vegetable pasta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Maggie!

Thanks a lot for the appreciation on my work.
    You can view my recipes in the following links.
    http://forumhub.mayyam.com/contribs/...delicacies.doc
    http://forumhub.mayyam.com/contribs/...f_Mrs_Mano.doc