Page 10 of 158 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mrs.Mano,
    I tried adding the paruppu urundai directly to the kolambu and kept for few minutes , this time the urundai was soft . it was very tasty.
    Thankyou for clearing the doubt.
    Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I received a mail from someone called Shiva from the ID
    jaya chiththi <jaya127@yahoo.com>...I tried sending the recipes but it bounced back...So, Shiva pls send me any alternate ID & I'll forward the recipes ASAP...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mano,

Need a clarification...In paruppu urundai Kuzhambu,U've asked to use lenthils...Which dal does it stand for?...I guess it's thuvar dal...am i right?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dev!
    Baking cakes in micro oven takes usually 6 to 7 minutes in baking mode. Hope you will get good results.
    And lentil means thuar dal[thuvaramparuppu.]. I never happened to taste the kollu dish you have mentioned. But it can be used as we use chick peas, dried peas, karamani and kidney beans. If I happen to come across any nice kollu dish, I will inform you about it. Here I am posting the Karnataka dhal recipe for you. This I have taken from a cookery book.
    KUTU:
    Pressure cook 1 cup of lentils with 4 cups of water. Soak a small lime sized tamarind and extract its thick juice [1/2 cup]. In a tsp of oil, roast 1 tbsp of black gram, 1 tbsp of Bengal gram, ½ sp of cumin seeds, ½ sp of fenugreek seeds, 4 red chillies, and 1 spring of curry leaves. When cooled grind it to a paste. Heat a kadai and pour 4 tbsp of oil. When the oil becomes hot, add 1 tsp of mustard seeds. When they splutter, add the cooked lentils with 3 ladies fingers[ which are cut and then fried in a little oil], 2 crushed tomatoes, and 2 bringals which are cut into medium pieces with enough salt and 1 tsp of turmeric powder. When the vegetables are almost done, add the ground paste and the tamarind extract. Let the dhal cook for some more minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pr!
    In which type of tawa/dosaikal have you prepared the chappathis? Because the chappathis prepared in non-stick tawa/dosa plate are always soft than the ones we prepare with the iron dosa plate. Other than this, I could find no reason .

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano,

I made Wheat Gulkand and it turned out very good.But I stilll have the following doubts.
    1.When I added wheat to ghee there was more ghee like atta was floating in ghee .Should I just drench the atta in ghee and try.
    2.Should I boil and reduce the milk and add or just add boiled milk.
    3.The sweet thickened too quickly .How can I make sure that the atta is cooked.
    4.If I keep turning after it gets thick will I loose the texture.

Thanks in advance,

Gita

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano
    I prepared chappathi in iron dosai kal . But usually when i prepare chapathis without adding any baking powder (just flour , warm water salt) chappathis were thin . These chappathis were more kine of like kulcha or paratha. It was yummy. My husband thought that these were parathas or naans . Anyway i will try in a non stick pan .
    Mrs Mano Could u pls the post the authentic recipe of paruppu usili whenever u find time . Thank u very much . Take care and bye

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mrs.Mano,

Thank u very much for the kutu recipe & microwave baking tips... Will try the Kutu & get back to U...

Have a nice day...every day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Madhavan!
    Thanks a lot for the feedback on Pruppu rasam.
    About chappathi-always mix fresh curd when preparing the dough. There will be no problem if you keep it in the fridge. If you can cook it within 2 days, you can keep it in the fridge. Otherwise, you can pack it in butter paper or wrapping paper in 2 or 3 portions and keep them in the freezer. When you want to cook it, you must take it and keep it in the fridge overnight. In the morning you can prepare chappathi from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello NOV and RR!
    Thank you very much for placing my thread on top and mentioning it as sticky thread. This inspires me to work on this thread devotedly and enthusiastically with much commitment and involvement. Thank you once again!

Page 10 of 158 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast