Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: NAIVEDHYAM (Hemant's Cookery Corner)

Post Thanks / Like
    Chevy,

People who follow YouTube do not understand that it is a one way medium to learn a recipe.
    Video poster/video cook/video chef posts the recipe video and in most of the cases, do not care if that recipe is correct or authentic .
    It is left to the viewer to cook and find out. If something goes wrong, your comment on such videos are rarely replied to and if you post adverse comments, you are banned immediately.

I have questioned such bogus posters and found that I am banned immediately.
    Whereas here on Forum Hub and similar portals, you are continuosly in touch with the recipe presenter and they are ready to discuss in detail with you.

I have met on internet many many US settled expat girls who literally learned to cook reading my recipes posted on Forum Hub.
    One lady I met personally here in Austin and when I said my name is Hemant Trivedi, she literally jumped with joy...(she came to US at 26 age and was in now early forties) She said are you the same Hemant Uncle who taught me how to cook through Forum Hub ??

Nothing gives you more satisfaction than such encounters.
    I would love to pass on my experience here .
    Go ahead and start a discussion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Chevy,

People who follow YouTube do not understand that it is a one way medium to learn a recipe.
    Video poster/video cook/video chef posts the recipe video and in most of the cases, do not care if that recipe is correct or authentic .
    It is left to the viewer to cook and find out. If something goes wrong, your comment on such videos are rarely replied to and if you post adverse comments, you are banned immediately.

Whereas here on Forum Hub and similar portals, you are continuosly in touch with the recipe presenter and they are ready to discuss in detail with you.

I have met on internet many many US settled expat girls who literally learned to cook reading my recipes posted on Forum Hub.
    One lady I met personally here in Austin and when I said my name is Hemant Trivedi, she literally jumped with joy...(she came to US at 26 age and was in now early forties) She said are you the same Hemant Uncle who taught me how to cook through Forum Hub ??

Post Thanks / Like
    CHEVY,

I have been crawling You Tube watching the videos posted by God Knows who and How people. This is my job . I find people who can light up a gas and add ingredients and if they have a smart phone or a video camera, they start posting recipes left right and center.
    I intend bringing such mediocre to attention of hubbers and make them see value of discussing the recipes as before where there is personal interaction.

Post Thanks / Like
    DearRR and Dear Nov.
    Looks like people have simply switched over to blogs and You Tube.
    We are trying to flog a dead horse.

HT

6. Thanks NOV thanked for this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber chevy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sir, Thanks a lot for replying to me. that would have been awesome to be recognized by someone you're just meeting. wold be great.
    I didn't check the hub at all for some days! Yes, I completely agree with you. Im not 26 or married yet, but Im self taught in d food front, also completely through websites. (If you'd like to see, a few snaps on my photoblog - http://360degreeview.wordpress.com/)

Studies, work , life keeps us busy so with the little time we have for trying something out, I hate to be mislead by a blog with great photography but a recipe that was wrong by principle. And I hate to see food being wasted. Especially when I specifically bought ingredients to make something new. In delicate work like sweets/snacks, I've had my share of failures by being misguided blogs with great photography. Of course there is a learning curve/experience, but some have been misleading by instruction/ingredient itself.

Although everything I've learned is through reading and watching online, I do keep a record of "tried and tested" stuff w/comments on how to maximize the output/adjust taste/save time/freeze for longer. everything. Some I just have to scratch out and put an angry smiley next to it.

Food threads on forums, the lack of activity /replies can be demotivating for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemant Trivedi View Post
    Chevy,

Post Thanks / Like
    Chevy ,

Thanks for replying to my post.
    Cooking is a very serious form of art. There is no room for mistakes.
    After posting the above in March, I was a bit disappointed as people simply do not understandthat Video recipes have been presented after many cuts and joints.
    In one video of so called famous chef, the Chicken Tikka came out very drab looking ..but if you see the post snap of the same, it is bright and wonderful picture.
    I asked the chef why he had put such misleading picture, he banned me.

I understand how you must be feeling when you found the recipe you were following as a dud recipe.

Go ahead and let us start some recipe dialogue.

I have found that over here , there has been no discussion about some of the most flavourful recipes from Kolhapur Maharashtra region.
    This is Saoji cuisine .
    If you are interested, I will post a Pandhara Rasa ( White chicken/mutton curry recipe.
    Over here in USA, This recipe has been loved by Americans.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh I am a vegetarian (but i do eat egg when no one is looking, JK) :P ! would love to learn maharastrian dishes.

i love khandvi / surali role? (is that gujarathi or maharastrian). wud really like to learn .

also, nankhatai on thetawa the way they may it on a raydee (not in the oven)

Chevy ,

Thanks for replying to my post.
    Cooking is a very serious form of art. There is no room for mistakes.
    After posting the above in March, I was a bit disappointed as people simply do not understandthat Video recipes have been presented after many cuts and joints.
    In one video of so called famous chef, the Chicken Tikka came out very drab looking ..but if you see the post snap of the same, it is bright and wonderful picture.
    I asked the chef why he had put such misleading picture, he banned me.

I understand how you must be feeling when you found the recipe you were following as a dud recipe.

Go ahead and let us start some recipe dialogue.

I have found that over here , there has been no discussion about some of the most flavourful recipes from Kolhapur Maharashtra region.
    This is Saoji cuisine .
    If you are interested, I will post a Pandhara Rasa ( White chicken/mutton curry recipe.
    Over here in USA, This recipe has been loved by Americans.

Post Thanks / Like

Food journey with chef hemant iyer

With the cities becoming more and more cosmopolitan and with bulk of migration that is happening in India due to IT and other work, population profile in all the major cities have changed all over India.
    Food culture also has taken a facelift all over India.
    In Mumbai you will find that our simple Dosai has been reborn as " Manchurian Dosai" or BhelPuri Dosai" or Cheese Dosai" or Mexican Dosai.
    Madras too has its own share of adaptation and evolution on food scene.
    So it is fitting that I bring some of the very famous North Indian or Mexican or for that matter Korean dishes here for foodies and cooking enthusiasts to experiment .
    In this series that I am starting shortly, you will find dishes that you normally would not have come across since they are from food culture beyond our Boundaries.
    I will be introducing 'SAOJI CUISINE" which is typically different from rest of the Indian cuisine . It is just like Chettinadu type different from the rest of Kongunadu
    cuisine .
    Saojis or SAVJIS primarily belong to silk weaving industry . They are said to have migrated from Patan some 1500 to 1200 years ago to south in Maharashtra and then to Andhra and Tamilnadu.
    Presently we will be talking about Saoji cuisine of Maharashtra.Their treatment of Spices and gravy is different and the food is hot to very hot.

There are couple of recipes that I love most are Pandra Rassa and Saoji chicken" there are couple of more recipes which I will deal with in days to come.
    Tomorrow I will post Saoji Chicken recipe.

11. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sir !! I'd like to PM you just some questions for my article of culinary history! Do check your PM.

With the cities becoming more and more cosmopolitan and with bulk of migration that is happening in India due to IT and other work, population profile in all the major cities have changed all over India.
    Food culture also has taken a facelift all over India.
    In Mumbai you will find that our simple Dosai has been reborn as " Manchurian Dosai" or BhelPuri Dosai" or Cheese Dosai" or Mexican Dosai.
    Madras too has its own share of adaptation and evolution on food scene.
    So it is fitting that I bring some of the very famous North Indian or Mexican or for that matter Korean dishes here for foodies and cooking enthusiasts to experiment .
    In this series that I am starting shortly, you will find dishes that you normally would not have come across since they are from food culture beyond our Boundaries.
    I will be introducing 'SAOJI CUISINE" which is typically different from rest of the Indian cuisine . It is just like Chettinadu type different from the rest of Kongunadu
    cuisine .
    Saojis or SAVJIS primarily belong to silk weaving industry . They are said to have migrated from Patan some 1500 to 1200 years ago to south in Maharashtra and then to Andhra and Tamilnadu.
    Presently we will be talking about Saoji cuisine of Maharashtra.Their treatment of Spices and gravy is different and the food is hot to very hot.

There are couple of recipes that I love most are Pandra Rassa and Saoji chicken" there are couple of more recipes which I will deal with in days to come.
    Tomorrow I will post Saoji Chicken recipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Hubbers,

In 2012, I had started Idli Batter making in a small mixi and in 2 years, my company (I am the VP there) has become largest manufacturer of Idli, Dosa, Adai, Pesrattu batters in South central US.

I make almost 1 ton of batter per day.

This info was to just keep you posted with latest news on what I am doing.

14. Likes NOV liked this post
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast