Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THIRUVAASAKAM negative points

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

THIRUVAASAKAM negative points

First of all let me tell u i am mad about this album and liked it very much ....

but if i were to tell something that an IR Fan doensnt like to listen then it wud be this ..........

1) Tunes are as if tuned for films...Except for POLLA VINAYE AND UMBARKATKARSAYE....

2) West ppl might not know but we can here lots of IR film song bits mixed up ....

3) How to name it was more better fusion...Except for POLLA VINAYE AND UMBARKATKARSAYE....other songs are not that much fusion but more like IR melodies played by Budapest orchestra ...Even IR film songs like GURU, SIRACHAALAI etc got such TYPE of compostions ...

4) Vocal singers are seen singing without interest and respect....since they dont know IR except for the fact they see that he is dark and short....One person was sitting leg on leg and singing without interest....i wish IR buys all those symphonic instruments and develops a indian orchestra like that ...And as far as recording and other technical things are concerned i feel our AR Rahman wud have done better job what RICHARD KING has done .......

5) IR should have included also Instrumental(without vocal ) along with the songs...that is 12 track on whole .....so that we can hear both ....

what do u say guys about these negative things .....what else u found like this ...

friends....
    talk friendly and open minded ...we are here to just get some awareness without getting emotional please.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ananth222's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my personal opinion about the points:

1) Tunes are as if tuned for films...Except for POLLA VINAYE AND UMBARKATKARSAYE....

I would say the tunes have more public appeal than saying tunes are filmi. I think that was necessary to reach a large audience. Also, IRs "filmy" standard is quite high, it is thanks to IR that we pass as "filmy" songs of the calibre of Kaadhal oviam or poongathave which are majestic musical works. IR has really raised the standard of "filmy" music so easily that people don't even realize it.

2) West ppl might not know but we can here lots of IR film song bits mixed up ....

I don't really see what you mean by "song bits mixed up" I could see traces of IR's film music composing flavor but can't name specific tunes. Still I find this album a level above.

3) How to name it was more better fusion...Except for POLLA VINAYE AND UMBARKATKARSAYE....other songs are not that much fusion but more like IR melodies played by Budapest orchestra ...Even IR film songs like GURU, SIRACHAALAI etc got such TYPE of compostions ...

I agree that HTNI appears a more classical work. but again, what is fusion? does someone have to play a heavy 'modern rhythm' on the drum with a repetetive bass groove and one sitrar playing 2 notes per minute to be called fusion? This work is one of the best works of fusion because you cannot seperate what has been fused. Otherwise its a "mix" not fusion. It is just that we are so used to hearing songs fused like this from IR that we almost readily accept it as "indian" music.

4) Vocal singers are seen singing without interest and respect....since they dont know IR except for the fact they see that he is dark and short....One person was sitting leg on leg and singing without interest....i wish IR buys all those symphonic instruments and develops a indian orchestra like that ...And as far as recording and other technical things are concerned i feel our AR Rahman wud have done better job what RICHARD KING has done .......

i think you are refering to some photos seen online. i don't know when these photos were taken, and whether they were actually singing or just posing. I have no idea about the attitude of the performers, but as long as the music is fine everything is fine.
    And I also agree that IR should have done this in India - raise the level of discipline and achievement in orchestras here rather than go to a foreign country. Maybe he will do that in the next project.

5) IR should have included also Instrumental(without vocal ) along with the songs...that is 12 track on whole .....so that we can hear both ....

I don't think he could have called the album "Thiruvasagam' if he did that. i am personally satisfied with whatever intstrumental interludes are already there in the album. i feel individual instrumental songs are out of the scope of this album - but I really wish that he would make another instrumental classic on the ranks of HTNI and NBW, or perhaps even surpass them.

These are my personal views.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    point 1
    IR is born for film music and western classical music ........
    even before he entering films when ppl hear ir tunes they suggested him its sounding like filmi ....thats really true and which
    makes him cannot justlify something of different type.....say for example if IR scores for advertisement it wud have filmi touch...if IR scores for non film - devotional songs , somewhere there wud be filmi touch ............Thiruvasakam is just devotional album with experiment but most of songs are like as if tuned for films...I BET AFTER LISTENING TO THIS ALBUM BIG DIRECTORS WUD HAVE FELT DEEP IN THEIR HEART ...HOW I WISH THIS SONG IS IN MY FILM ...........

point 2

well i cannot explain in mail....all .......maybe i can try to explain one bit......
    the song is VENNILAVE from selvamani movie on suman and roja....(even rehman actor is in that movie)...that song'S pallavi small bit is there in POLLA VINAYE at the end

...like that i noticed few

point 3

In HTNI the fusion is great ....i mean both indian classical and western classical are so much glued together perfectly that we need two brains to keep track ....TIS also has great fusion but HTNI is complex ....

point 4

well , abt that vocal singers i saw in video that comes free in CD Pack.....looks like some just came for money ....had IR used our singers they wud have sung with devotion, respect and satisfaction

point 5

Ppl like me cannot understand tamil ...so instrumental if also included along with songs then we can more enjoy it as a symphony or like another HTNI

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One negative point about TIS is that it has made people superstitious and they claim it has some super works when they listen to it and I think that it is their Brammai. yes it defintely gives peace because of soothing music but there are many albums which falls in the same category. This is my opinion.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    You apparently do not know about THIRUVASAGAM and Saint Manickavasagar, it appears.
    He IS a living proof of a man who lived not long ago amongst us and the 'nariyaip pariyaakkiya thiruviLaiyaadal' [changing foxes into horses] has been well-documented and references are given for this and many such deeds by the author in several places in Thiruvasagam and other authenticated documents.
    I recommend you to read the entire Thiruvasagam in prose once and then write in this column.
    Faith is the key!
    If it gives you peace of mind, then that's what you are looking for!
    If someone with faith looks for something more/less and gets it, then that is also true.
    BUT< DO NOT CALL IT SUPERSTITIOUS!
    You are just missing the bus... that's all!
    YIA!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of late, I am noticing that some people just have fun taking ill and negative of everything they see, hear and feel. If that is what they want to be, so be it.

Call it superstitious or stupidity, the emotions that St. Manickavaasagar's lyrics and IR's music invoked in me, ONLY I know what they MEANT TO ME. Hard to explain.

And finally, I think and I feel that people should be gifted to have that FEEL.

Thank God !!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    TISK, emjay:

Why do you guys have to take alias seriously? He is the one who called Annakili a fluke hit, condemned HTNI as a mere bunch of ring-tones and called IR a disgrace to the society.
    He likes to be in the limelight and as long as you guys continue to take this numpty seriously he will continue to wallow in his success.

Post Thanks / Like
    TISK, Dont get me wrong about TIS. I have high regards for Manikavasagar and his poetry and I am sure it is a divine to listen to the composition. We are all blessed with the composition but when people say that because I listened to this music, this thing happened and I changed my lifestyle is what I dont believe in. God has send many holy books, prophet, Saints and Guru in this world and something they influence us a lot when we read about them and follow them. So my point is if I have to change it need not be because of music. If I read Holy Gita, Quran or Bible, I can change my lifestyle. Music is for peace of heart and not for changing anyone lifestyle or bringing miracles in ones life. MIRACLES DONT HAPPEN LISTENING TO MUSIC AND IT IS PURE MYTHOLOGY. This is my opinion.

And Arun, please stop your nonsense. I just felt that this album is making superstitious and I posted my view. Thats all. If you dont like it, I cannt do anything about it.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Arun, please stop your nonsense. I just felt that this album is making superstitious and I posted my view. Thats all. If you dont like it, I cannt do anything about it.
    alias, I AM telling that I changed my lifestyle after hearing TiS. Who are you to validate my feeling? Unsolicited advices are not welcome. And what you are doing in this forum is ABSOLUTE NON-SENSE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Emjay, this is it. No one has given u rights for stopping people from posting in this forum. So stop your crap and mind your own hand. Whether you change your lifestyle or lead an idiotic life is none of my concern. I am trying to post the effect from TIS, thats all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast