View Poll Results: Do you think its healthy that other Md's sing in other Md's songs?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...That is great! Shows a good relationship between both!

8 80.00%
  • No..It shows they have no reputation

1 10.00%
  • Its Common..Nothing great

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music Directors Singging in Other Music Director's Songs

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    adhithyan was surely one of the singers in oh pyari.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rehman, Illayaraja together?

Thiruvasagam has taken Illayaraja to the top. He is now busy again with films. He has completed Dhanush’s Adhu oru Kanakkalam and is now working on Kasturimaan in Tamil. There are rumours doing the rounds that the Maestro and A.R. Rehman may join hands together in composing music for a film. If this comes true, then it will be one of the greatest events in Kollywood ever and will surely create music in the cash registers!

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainme...n=rehman25.txt
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    since the thread & my message is about music directors...read it...a good joke... down Ismail!! vijayr posted in an unnoticed thread in ARR's forum...so im here publictiying it.... 8)

War of the music composers, literally

Subhash K Jha | August 22, 2005 14:58 IST

The temperature on Zee TV's talent-scouting contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge has been rising by the week, what with the judges -- Himesh Reshmmiya, Jatin, Lalit, Aadesh Shrivastava and Ismail Durbar -- forming their own caucus of favourite students, or gharanas, as they were politely called.

But politeness was thrown to the winds during the shooting of the popular show when two of the judges lost their cool and hurled abuses, as viewers -- including producer Gajendra Singh -- gazed in horror.

"The confrontation with Ismail Durbar had been building up ever since we started judging Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge," says Shrivastava. "His (Durbar's)attitude is high-handed and arrogant and unacceptable to the other judges. He has no respect for anyone, not even for those boys and girls who come from far-flung places like Assam and Manipur with dreams of becoming singers. Ismail addresses them so rudely on camera, contestants are reduced to tears. I told him to be more considerate. But he's beyond reason," he adds.

The flashpoint reached two weeks ago during the last stint of the show's recording when Durbar made fun of Shrivastava's knowledge of classical music.

"He implied that he was the master of the ragas while Himesh, Jatin, Lalit and me were just novices who knew nothing about classical music. He forgets I'm from a musical family. I've used classically trained voices like Richa Sharma and Hema Sardesai, and used ragas in my tunes whenever possible. When Ismail made snide references to my abilities, I couldn't take it any more. I ticked him off good and proper. We'd have probably gone further in our fight but I don't come from the same background as he does. I held my peace. But we decided we would not sit on the same platform as Ismail Durbar. Thank god the camera wasn't on when this happened.

"I felt he insulted (flautist) Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia when he commented about one of his (Chaurasia's) disciples, 'Yeh sab ki bansuri bajaa dega.' Wasn't that a dig at the famous flautist? Ismail is always making such comments. His war cry, 'Yalgaar!' (attack) makes him sound like a padosi from the neighbouring mulk. I told him that. And what are his credentials? He played the violin in the third row of Jatin-Lalit's orchestra before Sanjay Leela Bhansali discovered him. His only claim to fame is Bhansali's Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas. The worst mistake he made was to fight with Bhansali, his mentor. All his other scores have failed miserably. He bragged that he discovered Shreya Ghosal when everyone knows it's Bhansali who found her."

Aadesh is unsure about returning to judge Sa Re Ga Ma Challenge. "I have other commitments. I'm supposed to sing my own composition based on the Vedas at the opening of the Berlin Film Festival on September 21. I can't be frittering away time in fighting over lost causes. I believe in the power of a music contest like Sa Re Ga Ma to foster new singing talent for our film industry. In fact, I'm using two contestants from the show -- Himani from Faizabad and Rajiv from Chamba -- to perform a thumri in Kalpana Lajmi's Chingari. Though the soundtrack is done, I felt it wasn't complete without a thumri."

http://us.rediff.com/movies/2005/aug/22aadesh.htm
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some more:

IR has also sung for Tomin J Thachankary in a Malayalam Album ChikCham Chirakady (in 1994).

IR has sung for Sirpy in some movie (read somewhere).

Jasie Gift has sung for Harris Jayaraj (Anniyan) & Devisri prasad (Mazhai).

Shankar Mahadevan is singing for most of the MD's

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSV sang for the following MDs :

1.Unnakenna kkuraichal nee oru raja – V.Kumar- Velli Vizha
    2.Allalakanda – ARR – Sangamam

Gangai – Sollai pushpangalay – IR

Chandrabose – Endee Muthammaa – Aaru pushpangal – MSV

Ofcourse – SPB as a MD ??!! – FOR ALL MDs…

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    jassie gift has sung for sirpy in kodambakkam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jassie Gift for Dhina in Sachien!...

Sachienis by Dhina rite?...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Temple City : Madurai / Capital city : New Delhi
    Post Thanks / Like
    united :
    sachien is by devisriprasad
    thiruppachchi by dhina
    yvs mani

Post Thanks / Like
    Deva has sung for Bharadwaj in 'Kaadhal Mannan'... 'Maarimuthu Maarimuthu nillappaa...'

Post Thanks / Like
    MSV For IR in Yaathramozhi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast