Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Advice

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maturity is the ability to handle frustration, control anger and settle differences without violence or destruction.

Maturity is patience. It is the willingness to postpone gratification, to pass up the immediate pleasure or profit in favor of the long-term gain.

Maturity is perseverance, sweating out a project or a situation in spite of opposition and discouraging setbacks.

Maturity is unselfishness, responding to the needs of others.

Maturity is the capacity to face unpleasantness and disappointment without becoming bitter.

Maturity is the gift of remaining calm in the face of chaos. This means peace not only for ourselves, but for those with whom we live, and for those whose lives touch ours.

Maturity is the ability to disagree without being disagreeable.

Maturity is humility. A mature person is able to say, "I was wrong." He/She is also able to say, "I am sorry." And when he/she is proven right, he/she does not have to say, "I told you so."

Maturity is the ability to make a decision, to act on that decision, and to accept full responsibility for the outcome.

Maturity means dependability, integrity, keeping one's word. The immature have excuses for everything. They are the chronically tardy, the no-shows, the gutless wonders who fold in the crises. Their lives are a maze of broken promises, unfinished business and former friends.

Maturity is the ability to live in peace with that which we cannot change.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Very mature thoughts, thanks Nov

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellently mature words on maturity!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Chappani and PP

Swami Vivekananda's 15 Laws of Life :

1. Love Is The Law Of Life:
    All love is expansion, all selfishness is contraction.
    Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore, love for love's sake, because it is law of life, just as you breathe to live.

2. It's Your Outlook That Matters:
    It is our own mental attitude, which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.

3. Life is Beautiful:
    First, believe in this world - that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the right light.
    Throw the burden on yourselves!

4. It's The Way You Feel:
    Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.

5. Set Yourself Free:
    The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.

6. Don't Play The Blame Game:
    Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.

7. Help Others:
    If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.

8. Uphold Your Ideals:
    Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.

9. Listen To Your Soul:
    You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.

10. Be Yourself:
    The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves!

11. Nothing Is Impossible:
    Never think there is anything impossible for the soul.
    It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin - to say that you are weak, or others are weak.

12. You Have The Power:
    All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.

13. Learn Everyday:
    The goal of mankind is knowledge... now this knowledge is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside: it is all inside. What we say a man 'knows', should, in strict psychological language, be what he 'discovers' or 'unveils'; what man 'learns' is really what he discovers by taking the cover off his own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge.

14. Be Truthful:
    Everything can be sacrificed for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything.

15. Think Different:
    All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tk u NOV, these were truly enlightening!
    And if u wud permit me, cud I copy these & put them in the thread abt Swami Vivekananda I created in the Ind. history secn.??

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    True gems!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those were wonderful and One would be happy if he/she has atleast half the qualities.

I am Happy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta
    Tk u NOV, these were truly enlightening!
    And if u wud permit me, cud I copy these & put them in the thread abt Swami Vivekananda I created in the Ind. history secn.??
    But of course!
    You need even ask. Those are messages that are meant to be shared and treasured.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    But of course!
    You need even ask. Those are messages that are meant to be shared and treasured.
    Many tks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine you're in Kuala Lumpur International Airport. While you're waiting for your flight, you notice a kiosk selling shortbread biscuits. You buy a box, put them in your traveling bag and then you patiently search for an available seat so you can sit down and enjoy your biscuits.

Finally you find a seat next to a gentleman. You reach down into your traveling bag and pull out your box of shortbread biscuits.

As you do so, you notice that the gentleman starts watching you intensely. He stares as you open the box and his eyes follow your hand as you pick up the biscuit and bring it to your mouth. Just then he reaches over and takes one of your biscuits from the box, and eats it!

You're more than a little surprised at this. Actually, you're at a loss for words. Not only does he take one biscuit, but he alternates with you. For every one biscuit you take, he takes one.

Now, what's your immediate impression of this guy?
    Crazy? Greedy?
    He's got some nerve?! Can you imagine the words you might use to describe this man to your associates back at the office?

Meanwhile, you both continue eating the biscuits until there's just
    one left. To your surprise, the man reaches over and takes it. But then he does something unexpected. He breaks it in half, and gives half to you. After he's finished with his half he gets up, and
    without a word, he leaves.

You think to yourself, "Did this really happen?"

You're left sitting there dumbfounded and still hungry. So you go back to the kiosk and buy another box of biscuits. You then return to your seat and begin opening your new box of biscuits when you glance down into your traveling bag. Sitting there in your bag is your original box of biscuits - still unopened.

Only then do you realise that when you reached down earlier, you had reached into the other man's bag, and grabbed his box of biscuits by mistake.

Now what do you think of the man? Generous? Tolerant?

You've just experienced a profound paradigm shift. You're seeing things from a new point of view. Is it time to change your point of view?

Now, think of this story as it relates to your life.
    Seeing things from a new point of view can be very enlightening.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast