Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids with food allergies,eczyma

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

koz (@ ) on: Thu Jul 1 06:55:18

My 4-mo.-old is suffering from eczema. He also scratches his face until it bleeds, so we try to keep his fingernails short and his hands covered with socks. Our doctor told us to use skin cleanser with no fragrances. He recommended Cetaphil, available at most drug stores and Walmart. Following baby's bath, we apply Elidel to affected areas of eczema, followed by Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. This has helped tremendously. Once the affected area is eczema-free, the Elidel treatment stops. We tried cortisone creams for this condition, but to no avail. Hence, the use of Elidel, which has been very successful.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Jane (@ ) on: Tue Nov 16 04:58:08

I have a daughter who is 13mths scrathes after every cow milk take. She does not like other types of powder milk. All of her body is red with itching but you cannot stop her from a bottle of milk.

Post Thanks / Like

Kavitha Ravi (@ jrc-*) on: Tue Nov 16 07:00:23 EST 2004

Dear Jane, I think your daughter is allergic to cow's milk. My nephew had the same symptoms.
    Now we give him Isomil milk. It's soya milk.
    He is fine now.
    <a name="last"></a>

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eczema does not have cure with any treatment.
    It is a treatment to reduce or control the affected area.
    Most of the young kids, who have eczema, out grows the condition, depending how bad they have it.
    Here are some tips that might help
    1.Try polytar soap.
    2. Frequently use good or expensive moisturizing lotion or cream
    like Eucerin, aveeno, and also use vasaline.
    3. wear & use 100% cotton clothes, blanket, towel etc.
    4. take quick bath every other day
    4. wash clothes with soft soap agents.
    5. The best oinment, that i would recommend is " Trideslion 0.05 % " presicription medication
    It helps much for bad flare-ups.
    6. Avoid moong dal. It makes worse.
    7. Citrus fruits, in contact to the skin, makes it worse.
    10. Especially in children , cut the nails short.

Compared to adults, children with eczema, has more probality to out grow this skin dieases

Take care

- Gayathri

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is our ongoing eczema story... any suggestions/opinions are welcome..

My son has been having eczema when he was 2 months old.. We've tried everything... We took him off breast milk, tried 'Enfamil Nutramigen Lipil', took him to the dermatologist etc... His skin used to respond well for a few days and then all of a sudden it will start flaring up again.. We tried different things.. Our dermatologist asked us to use a steroid cream but we dont want to use steroids on him at this age.. we tried many things like putting him on cotton clothes only, putting him to bath every alternated day, apply moisturisers 4 times a day etc.. Nothing seemed to improve his condition... A couple of my friends suggested a website www.naet.com where they could treat allergies in a different way.. We went there and this treatment is different from the normal allopathic treatment.. the doctor said that there are energy blockages in the body which causes the different disorders in our system like eczema, fever etc.. He said he would find out what my son is allergic to and will remove it... he did different sessions like removing different allergies and we had like 15 sessions.. I wasnt totally convinced with the treatment and it didnt seem to do anything... Finally we took a vacation to India in October of 2004 and my wife & son stayed in india for 3 months.... Believe it or not, he didnt have anything back in india.... his skin became pretty smooth and he didnt have to itch all over his body... he started sleeping well and we were convinced that he outgrew it... my wife and son came back to US in feb 2005 and he has started getting the rashes back again.. it has been bad in the last 2 weeks.. I dont think the allergy (for my son atleast) is not any food.. its something enviromental or weather related.. he had the same food (enfamil and rice cereal/oatmeal) back in india & never had a problem.. we are back to moisturising him 3 times a day and applying 'elidel' cream on him... i guess going back to india seems to be a wise option :)

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eczema problems usually found in kids whose mothers had very less of nausea and vomitting. Nausea and vomitting is a detoxification mechanism of the body. These toxins then damage the kids and causes skin rashes. Most Ointments and creams do contain stroids which are immmuno-supprants and so give temprary relief.

Traditonal indian practice was to give good oil massage to the kids after they are born. Through skin these toxins get out of the body. Next is by giving ragi and fiber rich foods to kids which would pull out toxins from the bile.

Water is a very cleansing agents and giving lot of water helps to flush out the toxins.

It is an ancient practice which most of us would have been given when we grew in india, which is castor oil cleansing and neem leaves "halwa". These agents help the body to get rid of toxins.

Even In india eczemic problems are increasing out of many reasons and one being doing less detoxification.
    If you are interested you can follow this link

http://sakthifoundation.org/pregnancy.htm

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pradheep:

thanks for your above note. Very interesting indeed! I have a question for you - how do we deal with the summer boils or the heat what kind of food do we give children to cool their body? any inputs?

Thanks

Seetha

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pradheep
    Eczema problems usually found in kids whose mothers had very less of nausea and vomitting. Nausea and vomitting is a detoxification mechanism of the body. These toxins then damage the kids and causes skin rashes.
    Hello Pradheep,
    Very interesting piece of information you have given if its true. This must be a piece of knowledge passed on by generations of mothers.
    Can you please let me know the basis as to where it appears in Ancient books or some other source.
    Would love to know more of such things.

Nichiro
    Raam Raahave Namah:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Pradheep,

Is it really true?? Becoz, have seen many of my folks who had no nausea or vomitting at all during pregnancy and after delivery, their kids seems to be fine. And, here in US, my cousin's son have this problem where she had nausea and vomitting for the first 6 months. What you are telling is totally reverse!!

I am not sure how far it is true. But, many of my friends are complaining that majority of the US born kids are facing this problem.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast