Post Thanks / Like

Kamakshi (@ 195.*) on: Wed May 12 16:01:00 EDT 2004

At last, it has come correctly.
    Good luck, Jen.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Ann (@ caut*) on: Wed May 12 16:34:49 EDT 2004

Jen,
    My 5 month old son was just diagnosed milk/soy protein intolerant and put on Neocate. We'd tried every over the counter formula-all worked for a few days, then back to the same problems. He's been on the Neocate 13 days and is doing so much better. Only drawback is that it is very expensive. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

narayanan (@ wwwg*) on: Thu May 27 23:43:37

Hello!

My son has wheat and peanut allergies. He is 4 years old. What we are finding is that a lot of indian kids in the US seem to have food allergies. For our second son, we have tried to avoid possible allergens like wheat, eggs, corn, soy, peanuts etc. Try to introduce them much later when they have more developed immune systems, this is an immune system response. Watch out for products that can have peanut oil (some chips) etc. We scan product labels all the time. We are thinking of maybe moving to India to see if it improves. The clean environment in the US could be one reason why the immune system acts up like this.. lets see.

Post Thanks / Like

Gracie (@ ip68*) on: Thu Jun 10 23:27:24

I have a 12 year old with what I would say severe eczyma. She flares up in all the usual places, behind her knees, in the crack of her elbows, on her face, in the creece of her eyes and her back and stomach. We have tried several ointments and some work but with major side effects. The main cream that really works is Elidil but you might have heard that it can cause cold like symptoms and it does in my daughter. Another thing you can do is this special soap that you can ask your pharmacist for it's called "oilatum", it really works too. We tried my daughter on an immunosuppressant drug called "Celcept" it work for a while but than the eczyma started back up. You might consider the sugar intake your child is getting, I have noticed that when my child eats to many sweets her eczyma gets out of control. I have other things that you can try, if your interested you can e-mail me. Best of luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jagdish (@ cell*) on: Fri Jun 11 06:48:00 EDT 2004

Hi

My 5 months old daughter is scratching her face and eyes badly. She has developed red patches below her ears. She is bleeding fromm there after scratching. She rubbing her eyes very badly. We are using oilatum ointment but no use. She is already on Neocate due to cowmilk protein intolerance. She is mostly on breasfeed. Is there any cure for problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Kamakshi (@ 195.*) on: Sun Jun 13 16:19:10 EDT 2004

Hi Jagdish,
    I received your mail but my reply is repeatedly not going through. So, I'm replying here itself.
    My friend had to COMPLETELY stop breast-feeding also, since allergens pass through the mother's milk & affect the baby. It is rather very difficult to have a highly controlled and at the same time nutritious diet for sufficient milk production because nearly every food item, right from wheat in chapathi, some fruits, nuts, dals, sugar, even soya products too are all potential allergens only. Though she was extremely distressed to do so, once the baby stopped taking her milk and was fed only Neocate, the condition improved remarkably well. Contd.....

Post Thanks / Like

Kamakshi (@ 195.*) on: Sun Jun 13 16:19:49 EDT 2004

Initially, they tried for about 10 days on trial, without any breastfeed and my friend used to periodically express and throw out the milk, so that in case breastmilk was not the reason for the rashes, she could start feeding the baby again and the flow wouldn't stop. Maybe you can try this method for your baby too, of course after consulting your doctor. They were also advised against massaging the baby or using gramflour, turmeric etc. for her skin as the grains are coarse. Instead, they used Aveeno Colloidal Baby Bath (a powder to be mixed in bath water), which is made from oats and she said it was superb for the skin. After bath, they applied Atoderm Moisture Lotion as the skin shouldn't be dry for long periods. Contd....

Post Thanks / Like

Kamakshi (@ 195.*) on: Sun Jun 13 16:20:33 EDT 2004

NO other product (including Johnson & Johnson's range of baby stuff), powder, soap etc. was used. Even now, they are using only the Aveeno bath, and sometimes the Oilatum bar soap. Hope these details help you. If you need any more info. in particular, I can forward it to her, no problem.
    Good luck for your child,
    Kamakshi.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast