Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complications

Post Thanks / Like

Complications

He had thought about that day back then.

She had lain there sedated. Her lithe frame propped at an angle in the hospital bed. Her head dropped on one side as she slept with her mouth open.She didn't look particularly attractive with her hair forcibly bunched together and with the ugly polka dot hospital gown losing her gentle curves.The angled bed caused an unnatural lump near the tummy that was unlike her. I.V.s were running into her left arm making a show of the greenish veins in her pale white hand.

In her right arm there was gauze strapped over the wrist she had slit.

He sat to her right looking fixedly at the bandaged wrist. The gauze was a turning a faint yellow near the veins. That is where she wore the face of her watches: on her right hand and facing inwards. He thought she was an intelligent girl.

"I can't live without you" she had cried. He was disgusted with himself for thinking she was only professing her affection.He didn't expect this. He had also felt the brutal pain but could think of nothing. It was all for their best, he had been telling himself as he took those unnecessarily long walks home to trick himself into a weary sleep.

He wept. Not in a loud dramatic manner, but just letting the tears flow.He slipped his right hand into the huge right sleeve of her loose gown and gently pressed her biceps.He knew without looking that even with such a gentle press she was turning red leaving his finger marks.

The doctor walked up behind him and patted him. He didn't quickly take his hand off but kept it there and wiped his face with the other palm. He was still looking at her weak face.
    " She will be just fine. Don't worry....Just sign here" the doctor said handing over a pad with some papers.
    " Sure.....?" he asked half-croaking, tearing his eyes off her and looking into the doctor's glasses.
    " Sure. There'll be no complications. I promise. .........just sign here"

Years later he was able to recall that vividly as he signed the form ,below her signature, and returned it to the divorce clerk.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A really shocking, unexpected twist in the end

Or is it really so unexpected, the later, inevitable developments after such extreme sentimentality
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woah!!! For someone who claims lack of maturityas a writer, that was some thought provoker!!

Yes, as Mrs PP says, was it indeed so unexpected, or more inevitable? So much for the doctor promising him there will be no complications!!!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    A really shocking, unexpected twist in the end
    Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Or is it really so unexpected, the later, inevitable developments after such extreme sentimentality
    Ah 'inevitable ?'. I may contest that, but not here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    Woah!!! For someone who claims lack of maturityas a writer, that was some thought provoker!!

Yes, as Mrs PP says, was it indeed so unexpected, or more inevitable? So much for the doctor promising him there will be no complications!!!
    Thank You ! I guess the 'inevitability of misery for a romantic' is a nice topic to chew on.....elsewhere. I'm tempted write a story about a sedate old man regretting having been level headed all his life

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    I'm tempted write a story about a sedate old man regretting having been level headed all his life
    What, and shock all the prudes? Like the story by SAKI of an aunt trying to control her wards on a train and the stranger shocking her every sense of propriety!!!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    I'm tempted write a story about a sedate old man regretting having been level headed all his life
    What, and shock all the prudes? Like the story by SAKI of an aunt trying to control her wards on a train and the stranger shocking her every sense of propriety!!!
    Sounds interesting. Do you have a link to send us ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I started a thread on SAKI..sadly there seems to be a lack of SAKI fans!!

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2403

By the way, here is a link to some of his works online

http://www.users.bigpond.com/burnside/saki.htm

And here is this particular story. It is titled "The Story Teller"

http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/Storyteller.html

Enjoy!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I started a thread on SAKI..sadly there seems to be a lack of SAKI fans!!

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2403

By the way, here is a link to some of his works online

http://www.users.bigpond.com/burnside/saki.htm

And here is this particular story. It is titled "The Story Teller"

http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/Storyteller.html

Enjoy!!!
    Thanks for the links!

This is too slow, I say. I hope it gets better

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOOOWWW!!!!!!