Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ASIHVARYA RAI is not the beautifull women in movie industry

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

ASIHVARYA RAI is not the beautifull women in movie industry

just besause she won an international award for beauty
    there is lots of other ladies who is much more beautiful than asihvarya rai.
    she is not much known by american audience, she had a recent hollywood film, but this film was made by an indian director and producer , it was not a hit at all in america. also the film review board said she is not very beautiful compared to the other women ( co star)
    in the film. the name of the movie is: BRIDE AND PREJUDICE.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think so too.......IMHO, she might look beautiful to the world by Western standards but definitely not entirely so by Indian standards.......she hasn't got the kind of physique tat Indian women r known to hav......shez even dyed her hair brown to boot!
    IMHO again, the B'wood actresses of yore were far more graceful, generating more native beauty than her.....!
    -I've changed my ID now!!-

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actresses who are beautiful according to Indian Standards.

80's early 90's.

Hema Malini.
    Rekha
    Jeyapradha (Salangai Oli)
    Deepa (from Jonny, starring Rajini in the 80's)
    Radha
    Ambika
    Kanaka (Karakatakaran, starring "Gramathin MGR" "Lipstick Ramarajan"
    etc etc.

Now:
    Meera Jasmine
    Sujitha (TV Serial Kanavarukaaga, plays the charecter of Sandhya.)
    Asin.
    Meena.

...hmmmm anyone else?
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Actresses who are beautiful according to Indian Standards.

80's early 90's.

Hema Malini.
    Rekha
    Jeyapradha (Salangai Oli)
    Deepa (from Jonny, starring Rajini in the 80's)
    Radha
    Ambika
    Kanaka (Karakatakaran, starring "Gramathin MGR" "Lipstick Ramarajan"
    etc etc.

Now:
    Meera Jasmine
    Sujitha (TV Serial Kanavarukaaga, plays the charecter of Sandhya.)
    Asin.
    Meena.

...hmmmm anyone else?
    What do you guys mean by Indian standards? It is not only westerners that think Aishwarya is beautiful. Millions of Indians adore her. Right now, i can't think of any mainstream bollywood actress(Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Manisha Koirala, Dia Mirza, Keerti Reddy, Preeti Zinta, Priyanka Chopra, Amrita Rao, etc...non-mainstream actresses are people like Mallika Sherawat, Kashmira Shah, Payal Rohatgi and all the others who act in sex-themed films) that is not good looking. As for hair dying, almost every actress in every film industry has done it at least once...it is jsut a new trend. I'm not saying Aishwarya is the most beautiful, but you have to admit, she is very beautiful. In the end, tehre is not way to truly determine who is the most beautfil. It all depends on each persons opinion.
    HindustaniLadka

Post Thanks / Like
    Anna Hyderabadi, to look beautiful by Indian standards means its not just her face tat looks beautiful.......and ok, as u say, even dyeing the hair wudn't entirely make so much diff.......but the thing is, her physique has to be the typical Indian woman's type (for fear of sounding derogatory/provocative I won't say 'shape' or 'figure' )......if u din't get m'point, take a look at the various generations of B'wood as well as South actresses from the 1960s/70s onwards.....for eg. Sharmila Tagore, Hema Malini, Vyjayantimala etc. (in South, Vanisree, Jaya Prada in her heydays & also a no. of actresses I can't recall the names of).........they all seem to hav one thing in common- not just their faces but also their buxom physiques, which was the natural Indian beauty tat was expected in a typical Indian woman......u cud find it in them by jus looking at them once.......!
    Compare these good ol' ones w/ many of today's Indian actresses & u find tat certain sumthing lacking in the latter, who r obsessed w/ maintaining 'slim n trim' figures tat r far more bound to appeal to the Westerners (altho even today's Indians r welcoming this as part & parcel of the Western culture tat they r expertly copying! )
    I personally don't think tat Aish cud be called terribly attractive by Indian standards w/ her too-slim physique tat looks out-of-place for an Indian woman even when she's clad in a Saree (the best way to judge a woman's personality by 'Indian' standards! )
    She might hav a beautiful face......but again, tats diff. to judge considering tat even tat looks much too cosmetically hyped-up to match Western standards!
    And I might add tat looking attractive in a seductive or 'hot' way is again sumthing of Western standards, not Indian!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

ash rai

hello , HUNDUSTANI LADKA, how many westerrs are admiring the asharia rai? i live in America no americans knows her except for few people, because of that movie Bride and Prejudice. ofcourse all the indians knows her.in americans eyes she is not that beautiful. i am not saying she is not beautifull , not like every one say. i can find many beautiful ladies out in the streets, with better and hot body.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ash rai

Quote Originally Posted by SURESH90
    hello , HUNDUSTANI LADKA, how many westerrs are admiring the asharia rai? i live in America no americans knows her except for few people, because of that movie Bride and Prejudice. ofcourse all the indians knows her.in americans eyes she is not that beautiful. i am not saying she is not beautifull , not like every one say. i can find many beautiful ladies out in the streets, with better and hot body.
    In American eyes, people like Pamela Anderson and Jessica Simpson are considered beautiful(people who openly show their bodies).
    HindustaniLadka

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lordstanher
    Anna Hyderabadi, to look beautiful by Indian standards means its not just her face tat looks beautiful.......and ok, as u say, even dyeing the hair wudn't entirely make so much diff.......but the thing is, her physique has to be the typical Indian woman's type (for fear of sounding derogatory/provocative I won't say 'shape' or 'figure' )......if u din't get m'point, take a look at the various generations of B'wood as well as South actresses from the 1960s/70s onwards.....for eg. Sharmila Tagore, Hema Malini, Vyjayantimala etc. (in South, Vanisree, Jaya Prada in her heydays & also a no. of actresses I can't recall the names of).........they all seem to hav one thing in common- not just their faces but also their buxom physiques, which was the natural Indian beauty tat was expected in a typical Indian woman......u cud find it in them by jus looking at them once.......!
    Compare these good ol' ones w/ many of today's Indian actresses & u find tat certain sumthing lacking in the latter, who r obsessed w/ maintaining 'slim n trim' figures tat r far more bound to appeal to the Westerners (altho even today's Indians r welcoming this as part & parcel of the Western culture tat they r expertly copying! )
    I personally don't think tat Aish cud be called terribly attractive by Indian standards w/ her too-slim physique tat looks out-of-place for an Indian woman even when she's clad in a Saree (the best way to judge a woman's personality by 'Indian' standards! )
    She might hav a beautiful face......but again, tats diff. to judge considering tat even tat looks much too cosmetically hyped-up to match Western standards!
    And I might add tat looking attractive in a seductive or 'hot' way is again sumthing of Western standards, not Indian!
    These days, most Indians prefer slim women. Things change over time. At one point, people from China to England considered buxom people to be beautiful. TOday, slimmer people are considered beautiful almsot everywhere, including India. Even in ancient India, it seems like thinner people were considered more beautiful. If you look at painting or statues of Indian goddesses that are thousands of years old, you will notice that they are all slim. I personally prefer slimmer(not too slim) people too. I can't stand some of the actresses in Telugu films who try to look "buxom" because they overdo it and end up looking like they are overweight or fat.
    HindustaniLadka

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyderbadi
    These days, most Indians prefer slim women.
    Avun-anna, tats wat I said- bcos of the Western influence tat most of today's Indians r bringing onto themselves! They now like watever the Westerners r known to like!

At one point, people from China to England considered buxom people to be beautiful.
    Um....when was tat? I thot Hollywood women as well the average western women were always found to be slim??
    And abt China, well they r skinny (slim isn't the word! ).....even today!

Even in ancient India, it seems like thinner people were considered more beautiful. If you look at painting or statues of Indian goddesses that are thousands of years old, you will notice that they are all slim.
    Um sorry but a bit of confusion again here ......from wat I've seen, from paintings (old as well as latest) of goddesses or evn sculptures of ne Indian women, nearly all of them r shown buxom rather than slim.......tats y even actresses in older films were buxom......

I personally prefer slimmer(not too slim) people too. I can't stand some of the actresses in Telugu films who try to look "buxom" because they overdo it and end up looking like they are overweight or fat.
    Um....which Tel. actresses do u mean? From wat I see, even most of them today r slimmish......twas only the old actresses who were buxom.......

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ash rai

In American eyes, people like Pamela Anderson and Jessica Simpson are considered beautiful(people who openly show their bodies).
    I agree w/ u atleast on this count!
    Unftly even in India, this is the trend now........women like Mallika S***awat et al r given more regard by our junta the more they bare......today the standard definition of a 'real' gal/woman is one who looks 'hot' or 'sexy'.........

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast