Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Indian cricket never learn from it's mistakes?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    While the selectors have little to chose on Batting front as we have the likes of :

1.Sachin
    2.Sehwag
    3.Ganguly
    4.Dravid
    5.Yuvraj
    6.Kaif / Badani / Lakshman

The top 6 are automatic choices……….

The problem starts from No. 7…. From the keeper …..to …..

8,9,10,11………

In a way, I will appreciate the idea of Ganguly persisted with Dravid as a keeper cum batsman as this was giving one extra slot ……
    Now that Dravid has stopped keeping… soon he will become a liability in Onedayers… We will also come across a situation when Dravid will become a vegetable… for onedays and will face the axe…… unless he is made a Captain…..

On the bowling front…. Harbajan is also an automatic choice……There is a reserve in the form of Murali karthik...

So the issue is on 9 , 10 and 11……..

Being shared by the Zaheers…. Agharkars…….Nehras…….. Balajis………

These are the guys who really spoil the finals … and end up giving lots of runs and making the target more than 280 or 300 or even 320…..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Its really sad to see India touring a country like Zimbabwe … Crores of money being wasted ( I am counting the pay to the team , the foreign coach, the manager, the support staff etc etc )
    Somehow we will reach the final…

I don’t see this series as a preparation for the future… I think this will be followed by some home series… where it will be a square turner…. The opposition will surrender meekly…

Unless we play against quality team like Australia, Pakistan, England…. We will never move up….

Now this Zimbabwe tour will be good tour for those who are not in form….

The Agharkars and the other guys will benefit heavily…

Agharkar… will play for another 5 years based on today’s performance…

Real shame if we count this Zimbabwe series in our records...

Probably they are weaker than even Bangladesh

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We score 226 hard earned runs somehow against a team which gave up 397 runs in 44 overs to Newzealand... That explains the current state of the team... We will end up in the final and get beaten easily...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This would be my team
    1. Sachin
    2. Sehwag
    3. Dravid
    4. Ganguly
    5. Badani
    6. Yuvaraj
    7. Kaif
    8. Dhoni
    9. Harbhajan
    10. Zaheer
    11. Pathan

Enough..this is enough cauze India's main + is their batting and not bowling..Understanding this concept it is better to go with 8 batsman.If India has 4 fast bowler and a spinner India will def loose the match...Sure...this would be the best..very best team...

Post Thanks / Like
    Beckham,

I think Dravid’s utility was more when he was doing dual role as both keeping and as a batsman.
    I don’t foresee long future for Dravid in onedays as he is not an attacking player and soon may be ejected from the oneday team.
    However, his presence is very much needed for tests…

In place of Dravid, we shall bring in another allrounder…… the essence for oneday cricket….

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dravid is must in one day...How many he has saved...He is absolutely needed...But instead badani who is a spinner&batsman..a fast bowling batsman should be produced..Like Klusener,Kallis,Flintof etc.,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckham
    Dravid is must in one day...How many he has saved...He is absolutely needed...But instead badani who is a spinner&batsman..a fast bowling batsman should be produced..Like Klusener,Kallis,Flintof etc.,
    Beckham,

The Only spot which Badani can replace now could be Dravid… Because…. Kaif and Yuvraj are being backed heavily… and have good future as well and I don’t think the selectors will look for Badani to replace these 2 guys..
    Other slots are already locked by established players..

Badani proved himself by scoring a century against Aussies… against a strong bowling lineup.. Besides, he did reasonably well in other matches as well but unfortunately is not able to get enough chances…
    Before he gets frustrated, he should be given a good opportunity. The only slot available now is of Dravid’s ! ( unfortunately )…IMO….

Badani is an excellent fielder as well. Can bowl some spinners besides….

Should be encouraged so that he gets well set for the World cup…

Dravid should be retained for tests….

Badani also is doing well as a captain... for TN... A very matured cool headed player...

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another Triangular Series Finals.. Another loss... We knew this one coming long back...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I checked the scores today morning and I thought India had put up a winning total and I totally forgot about the match until I saw your post here, Thiru!

geez, what in the world is wrong with these 11 idiots?? If sehwag can pick up 3 wickets, why not *over-rated* pathan????

Post Thanks / Like
    Now it appears like we need a Bowling Coach as well

So long as the Agharkars are there, Indian Cricket will continue to suffer...

Absence of Sachin is not an issue atleast for this series as we had put up a very good score in finals..

Probably if we had come across a decent team than Zimbabwe, we would not have even made it to finals

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast