Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Will Indian cricket never learn from it's mistakes?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Sridhar
    When Sachin,Dravid falls down there is no one to take thier responsibilities,Still it shows that middle order depends on the top order.Eventhough this series has been leveled..Psychologicaly England has won it!

Even sachin failed to make any impression on this england series,

but i agree with ur final point, england has definitely won this series psychologically!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber asan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys see over the discussions made here abut mohammad kaif the real star and the in consistency of indian batting in the last innings
    http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...=438363#438363
    topstar back

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to change the title of this thread or to dump this thread

If you just consider ODIs, of course

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Disgusting defeat in WI

Is there any significant change ever since Greg chappel took charge ? its one year since & I could see the same old Indians
    What makes me wonder is the inept attitudue even against 10TH grade team like WI today !

What is quite amazing is that the current WI doesnt have any single bowler who is world class but still our guys fail to impress !

What should have been thumping victories actually turned out to be nail biting . Why ? Is it because there is no Sachin ?

The ruthless Aussies are still ruling ! and we have a coach who is an aussie and who was known for aggression and new methods

For the manner Kaif got out , he should be banned for 5 matches atleast

Cheers to Yuvi who time and again proves that he is the only one to be depended upon.

I wonder if Dravid fails even once, the team collapses ?

With this set of standards, I doubt whether we can aspire for World cup 07 which incidentally is in WI only !

ATLEAST LET THEM TREAT IT AS A GOOD PRACTICE TO BUILD UP WHAT KIND OF PITHCES THEY ARE LIKELY TO HAVE FOR WORLD CUP......

Again, i will not be surprised if this indian team wins the series , both tests and one dayers but THE TEAM WOULD NOT HAVE GAINED ANYTHING OUT OF IT, AS WE ARE FACING A SUB STANDARD WI TEAM......

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ansa400's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't under estimate WI. They've some really gud batsman in their team like Gayle, Sarwan etc.. Needless to mention about Lara who is the best in the world. Some of the batsman who can really make a change if they click are Marlon samuels, Carltonbough(watch out for this tiny guy in the following matches), Dwayne bravo( he is an excellent all rounder and a gr8 fielder). The bowling is a bit low on quality, but u have to give credit to them for the 2nd ODI win. They bowled and fielded excellently.
    Engu Manidha inam Poar ointhu sainthidumo, angu koovatho Vellai Kuyile..

Post Thanks / Like
    So another defeat ! that too at the hands the lowly ranked WI ?
    This present WI team has some good batsmen but the quality of bowling is not comparable at all but our batsmen continue to post low / average scores !
    Wonder how they would have faced the likes of Holding / Marshal/ Roberts etc !
    Greg chappell's stint will come under scanner now.

Or again the Sachin factor ? are we going back to the days when the team fails without Sachin ?

So long as Dravid's form is good, his losses will be tolerated I think. If he also fails with the bat ( unlikely ) then we have some interesting things to see before the world cup

I doubt now whether this present team can win WORLD CUP ?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ansa400's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Sourav was captain he was praised for his captaincy initially and the team was said to have improved a lot under captaincy. What happened finally? Again same thing is happening. Dravid's captaincy was praised initially and all of a sudden, the team fails and the same old story...
    Engu Manidha inam Poar ointhu sainthidumo, angu koovatho Vellai Kuyile..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ansa400
    When Sourav was captain he was praised for his captaincy initially and the team was said to have improved a lot under captaincy. What happened finally? Again same thing is happening. Dravid's captaincy was praised initially and all of a sudden, the team fails and the same old story...
    Ansa400

Do you think the present team is capable of winning World cup 07 ? ( considering that Sachin will be back with a bang )
    What I wonder is the posting of low / mediocre total against 10th grade bowling attack

Also on Chappell's strategies , apart from promoting Irfan ( which even Ganguly I am sure would have done that ) , is there anything special that he has brought in ? I mean the Aussie aggression ?

Are we well prepared for World cup 07 ?

even the previous series against England, I will not consider great ( except their batting ) , the one day series was played well but they lacked quality bowlers I feel

The srilankan team we played earlier was below par & most of their players were out of form

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ansa400
    Beyond doubt, the team under Saurav ( after he took over from a distrous Sachin's team in 2001 ) was well groomed and we had some splendid wins ( forget the number of losses we had in the finals of so many tournaments )
    It was pure stupid politics and Sourav was out today. I still feel that he should have been persisted with for ONE DAYERS , not tests. He could have continued up to the world cup and retired gracefully as he had another 2 years left out

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    India is really a good team with lots of potential. Considering the last few series and three matches India played in WI, I would say India's plus is its middle order. Yuvraj is in terrific form, has improved as a batsman and matured as a player. Pathan is a type of player that you don't find more often, maybe one in fifty players. The few minuses are the opening pair. Sehwag is out of form and he does not have a regular opening partner. They should do something with Kaif after the series ends. Bowling department is good with Pathan leading from the front but it is wayward sometimes because of agarkar. IMO, if bowling is okay and the openers click, India will go into WC finals.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast