Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Will Indian cricket never learn from it's mistakes?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dravid,The God saved the test match yet again.Now he proved that captainship is no way a barrier to batting.India need more Dravids...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dravid is top class batsman for any kind of cricket(one day as well as test). He never shy away from the pressure and his commitment is 100%. Now become good captain also. WALL HAS BECOME TOO STRONGER NOW.

Ramesh

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    But for Dravid, even this Mohali test would have become England's ....

Its a good wake up call for Sachin now .....

as he is the only senior left out

Post Thanks / Like
    As pointed out by srikant, crucial innings from Dravid&Pathan. Vital contribution for kumble and Baaji.

I never saw yorker from indian bowlers recently. Excellent bowling from Munaf patel. Amazing to see bounce he extracted from the pitch. Keep it up Munaf. Now we have RP&sreesanth in the reserve. I read from Indian express that Dravid &Greg picked up one more guy from kashmir team. He cannot be selected immediately because he is little bit wayward in his bowling but maintans 140 .Good show DRAVID&GREG.

raemsh

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramesh....

Munaf Patel was a very popular bowler in Mumbai .....and he was due long before ...but probably the presence of guys like Zaheer, Ashish Nehra delayed his entry....

Munaf will be successful in Australian conditions as he has got the height and nippy action....

Lets wish him all the best

Now , it will be interesting to see how Zaheer and Ashish Nehra stage their comeback.....

Basically good bowlers but lost direction due to too much exposure towards one day matches....

I wonder what will happen to Lakshmipathy Balaji.......

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that Nehra is little bit lazy. Zaheer should have sent home after the world cup. He survived because of Ganguly.
    Balaji is physically not fit even to represent TN team. He became injury prone due to his action. Even Imran was asking about Balaji in the last tour.

ramesh

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/c...ry/240659.html
    "When I brought the side to India in 1993, he had started to feature a lot in our strategic discussions in the team meetings. From those days, it would appear he has not stopped evolving.

England froze in Mohali because they realised they no longer can treat him as an incoming medium pacer. He was giving the ball a loop and his leg-breaks were turning. He seems to have finally got the one thing which has missed him all his career. In its absence, he relied on developing his googlies, variations in pace, and even clever use of crease. Now if the leg break has come to stay, Kumble could be good for 600 wickets and more!"
    Have others noticed this difference?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was shocking

100 runs all out

Reason: Negative approach. I dont know when will they start playing positively.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loosing by 213 runs!!teams something like Kenya,Bangaladesh used to do that.Indians always lacks in fighting..This match once again proved it.When Sachin,Dravid falls down there is no one to take thier responsibilities,Still it shows that middle order depends on the top order.Eventhough this series has been leveled..Psychologicaly England has won it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know when I will learn from my mistakes. I have this infernal habit of making bets with colleagues. Team India has burnt huge holes in my pocket this season.

Yet yesterday I took up a bet with returns for me if india won, loss if India lost and no transaction if India won. I took the 1st inns into account and was sure the guys would at last Day 5 even if they didn't win.

Then my wily opponent doubled the stakes by lunch with the offer that I would lose only if India was bowled out before tea. That seemed impossible and I fell for it and agreed to raise stakes. Then both of us went into a meeting and before we were done India made the impossible possible.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast