View Poll Results: Aussie dominance at the fag end?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • may be

4 20.00%
  • not yet

7 35.00%
  • yes

9 45.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the End of Aussie dominance in Cricket?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beginning of the End of Aussie dominance in Cricket?

Are the Aussies fading away?
    Is Ricky Ponting better than Steve Waugh?
    Do the Aussies have poorer bench strength?
    Have they become 4 men team (ponting,warne, mcgrath and lee)?
    Are England the new super power of International cricket?
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Not yet not now,Still they have an excellent team...Players like clark is still giving hope to the aussies
    2.Steve was a legend..He made his team wonderfully well..but hey under Ponting's captainship Aussies improved further..In Steve's carrier big loss was the series lose in India (Laxman's 278) Eden and Chennai.But that didn happen under Ponting's captaincy...
    3. Hmm yes ofcourse it seems to be..I Culdn imagine a team without these players Ponting,Gilchrist,McGrath
    But these players are still there - Gillespie,Lee,Clark,Hayden..
    4.Ofcourse i would add Gillespie to that list..but he was totally dominated in the last test
    5.Good comedy chanceless...They are playing in the Home..they had very very crucial vitory in the second test..that gave them moral boost thats it.If they emerged as the superpower they would have won the first test itself...

But frankly speaking Aussies if they didn take care of their younger generation just how Mark Taylor,Steve Waugh did then they are in trouble...That is this is the hight time look at the team.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    English conditions are something the aussies revelled in for the past 14 years.
    The statement "Form is temporary,but class is permanent" is aptly proven by Matty Hayden, who looks uglier and uglier with every passing game. No longer can he plant his foot half way down the crease and tonk the ball to boundary irrespective of its line and length. Same seems to be the case with Gilchrist, Damien martyn, Justin Langer and Simon Katich. I saw their game and was appalled at the lack of technique in handling swinging deliveries, something Aussie experts attribute to players from subcontinent.
    True that England have not dominated from GO. However, looking at the disdain with which English players blasted McGrath and Gillespie, to me looks certain that the end of these players in Australian team is at hand.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well,if the last two tests is anything to go by then Yes,England has been the superior team.They have treated the Aussie bowlers with disdain esp in the first innings at Egdbaston&both innings at Old Trafford.Added to that their bowlers have had the Aussie batsman firmly in their control.

Despite this Australia came within two runs of winning the second test&came away with a draw yesterday(the rain afflicted third day also playing it's part).

So England have been the better team but still not able to overcome the famed Aussie resilienceof course with Glenn&Shane in the sunset of their careers,they have a gr8 chance to replace Australia as the No 1 team in the world,but do they have the consistency???

Only time will tell.

For comparison,just look at India-an amazing 2003-04 season followed by a disastrous 2004-05&now we have had a horrible start to this season.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SL is the second Favs after Aussies in ODI, look at the ICC ranking, soon We will take over the Kangaroos, Bangladesh beating the kangaroos was the biggest upset in their history and in Cricket history, followed by Kenya beating SL in the last world cup!

England have improved hell of a lot, but their records on foreign soil is poor, still their ODI ranking is bad.

SL have loads of Young talents like Lasith Malinga and K.Sangakara, easily one of the best w.keeper in the world!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Australia's strength in the recent past have been their bowling which can dismiss an opposition two times in a match and get 20 wickets.. Their batting has always been streaky depending on their top order and the nature of the wicket... Look at the first test for instance.. They bowled out England for less than 200 in both their innings.. whereas in the second test without Mcgrath they couldnt restrict England who made a very good total 407 in the first innings.. The third test was a similar story.. Having said that, Aussies make the quickest transition and learn from their mistakes.. You can see them stepping up their bowling in the 4th test.. This series is far from being over...

Raghu,
    Sangakkara, the Best wicket keeper .. Are you kidding me??

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiru
    Raghu,
    Sangakkara, the Best wicket keeper .. Are you kidding me??
    Thiru Ji

Obviously better than the current Indian wicket keeper , and pls read what i wrote , I said Kumar Sangakara is ONE of the best in the world!

BTW,

How can you let multiple (3) Cricket threads floating around in Misc Section, being biased

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stand by my statement.. Sangakarra has a long way to go before being considered among the best wicketkeepers in the world... I agree that he is better than the indian wicket keeper who by the way keeps changing every series... but the guy hasnt proven anything outside srilanka and the subcontinent.. Scoring 100s and 200s in the flat tracks of the subcontinent is the standard for any subcontinent cricketer.. Let him score his double centuries away from subcontinent and not against teams like zimbabwe and bangladesh... Then we have an argument..

Three threads on cricket but different issues altogether..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyway,my thread about Indian cricket has no takers,looks like everyone has taken my comment about stopping the hype about our team seriously&are desisting from posting their comments

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stand by my statement.. Sangakarra has a long way to go before being considered among the best wicketkeepers in the world... I agree that he is better than the indian wicket keeper who by the way keeps changing every series... but the guy hasnt proven anything outside srilanka and the subcontinent.. Scoring 100s and 200s in the flat tracks of the subcontinent is the standard for any subcontinent cricketer.. Let him score his double centuries away from subcontinent and not against teams like zimbabwe and bangladesh... Then we have an argument..

Sangakara has been selected for ICC World eleven against Australia......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast