Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INZAMAM: Most Underrated Player of all Time

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji sir,

That means, Virender Sehwag's 309 in Multan(pak) pitch and Lakshman's 281 in Eden Garden (kokata) pitch also have no value at all. is it?.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    Balaji sir,

That means, Virender Sehwag's 309 in Multan(pak) pitch and Lakshman's 281 in Eden Garden (kokata) pitch also have no value at all. is it?.
    Dear Karthik,

My opinion is :

Viru's knock was extrodinary but the pitch was a flat one... No doubt that it was a great knock but I doubt whether Viru himself will consider that special... Yes yes.. I recollect Viru cherishing his 194 in Melbourne .... Probably that was the best knock of Viru...till date.... against quality bowling...and in Australia...

VVS in Kolkatta .... that was VERY VERY SPECIAL.... ( Ian Chappel's famous words )

Both are odd ones out....

If one scores in Swinging conditions in England and the bouncy wickets of Australia.... they are extraordinary...

I remember when sachin scored a century... Merv Hughes ran all the way from 3rd man towards him to congratulate... It was such a terrific knock...against quality attack and bouncy wicket...

In the recent of tour of Australia, Michael waughan scored two great centuries.... really great ones... In recent times, these are stand out innings by any batsman...

Post Thanks / Like
    Inzy is a great player of spin ....no doubt on this... but how many times he had come out well against Share Warne... The greatest ever spinner till date...

While Sachin had done well against both Warne and Muralidharan...

Post Thanks / Like
    Inzy besides, is an undisputed king of Sharjah cricket....

Post Thanks / Like
    For most of the Inzy fans... their main grievance could be .... while Sachin is treated like a God and genius... why Inzy was not...

Infact Imran always used to comment that Inzy is a better batsman than Sachin......etc etc.....Both are peer cricketers but Sachin is more famous....and being respected by fellow cricketers.....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji sir,

Sachin is on top list and he already crossed even SMG and Kapil long back and he is un-comperable. Here the topic is 'the unreasonable degradeness of Inzy among other players'. For this, we no need to pull the great Sachin here.

No doubt Veeru's 309 and VVS's 281 are great, but the reason for me to mention here, because of your comment about the pitches of sub-continent. (Even Lara's 400 also in Dhaka pitch, that also against weakest Bangladesh).

When you mentioned about Veeru's 194 in Melbourne, I am surprising how you forget to mention 'Wall' Dravid's 270 in Adelaid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    Balaji sir,

Sachin is on top list and he already crossed even SMG and Kapil long back and he is un-comperable. Here the topic is 'the unreasonable degradeness of Inzy among other players'. For this, we no need to pull the great Sachin here.

No doubt Veeru's 309 and VVS's 281 are great, but the reason for me to mention here, because of your comment about the pitches of sub-continent. (Even Lara's 400 also in Dhaka pitch, that also against weakest Bangladesh).

When you mentioned about Veeru's 194 in Melbourne, I am surprising how you forget to mention 'Wall' Dravid's 270 in Adelaid.
    Karthik,

I think Lara scored 400 against England and it was the final match of the series and it was in West Indies..

Dravid's one of the best knock was in Adelaide.. as he could not score that well earlier against Aussies in Australia and this match was the most ideal setting for him to prove and he did fantastically well. Infact we were in a crisis at that moment and but for Lakshman and Dravid, this match would have gone in favour of Aussies as Ponting scored a double century earlier in the match... and Aussies built up a huge score...

Oflate I am seeing Sachin not doing well in crunch situations... THere is a big list...
    Even the double century he scored in Sydney was the final inning of the series and he did not do well at all in the earlier matches...
    Sydney match was a high scoring match and everyone scored well including Sachin...

Senior Member Regular Hubber dr#'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    what.............that fat slogger. don't make me laugh. well i suppose he doesn't get run out as much nowdays since bob woolmer started putting a plate of ladoos at the opposing end!
    if you are reading this, you have far too much time on your hands.

Senior Member Regular Hubber dr#'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    just to make it clear that i don't hate all pakistani cricketers, i think your underrated batsman should be shahid afridi.....the guy has no fear!!! he just needs to stop smashing the first ball he sees and get some semblance of judgement and he could excel virender and adam gilchrist........not sachin, rahul, or brian.....that's pushing it!
    if you are reading this, you have far too much time on your hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12