Thread: Sandwich recipes - Indian style

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Sandwich recipes - Indian style

Hello everybody !
    i need sandwich recipes Indian style that can be taken at Breakfast.can anybody post the recipes? Thanks in advance.
    regards Foodlover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's one of my fav sandwich recipe...I got the recipe from karnataka recipe thread,guess!!!...

Carrot Sandwich:

Onion-1/2(chopped)
    Tomato-1/4th to 1/2(seeds removed & chopped)
    carrot-1 big(grated)
    Chilli powder & salt-as req
    garam masala-1/4 tsp
    Oil

Heat a tsp of oil...add the onions & saute till tansculent. Add the tomato & salt ,cook for a min...add the chilli powder & garam masala & cook for a few secs until U get a good aroma of the spices...Take care not to burn the spices... Add carrots & cook for a few more mins...Do not add water... Stuff this in between 2 bread slices & toast using a sandwich toaster...This tastes very good if wholemeal/softmeal bread is used in place of white bread.
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, this is one recipe everyone of whose ingredients i have currently. will try tomorrow

Please suggest some more good and filling snacks, we dont have any indian store for miles and it is difficult to adjust with bread, milk, cereal as we dont access to idli/dosa/rava/etc

Post Thanks / Like
    H3w,

U still around???!!!...

K...U can find a few sandwich recipes at http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=435

& I like to have bread toast with most of the subzis & dhals that we make for chapathis...channa masala,peas masala,moong dhal curry,mix veg curry,aloo gobi ,mutter paneer etc etc goes well with bread...Any leftovers of these can be used for a quick snack...

You can find a lot of sandwich recipes at http://www.tarladalal.com/ViewContri...cipe.asp?Id=13
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dev !
    Thank u very much for the recipe and for the links.Regards Foodlover.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you like Cheese? And do you have time to grill your sandwich? Then you can try out loads of different varieties!

I like a open sandwich - I use plain whole wheat bread or sometimes even croissants for this.

If you are using croissants then stick it in the microwave rather than the grill.

Open Grilled sandwich

Take a slice of bread or slice the croissant into two, on top of it add sliced tomato, fried onion, grated cheese and coriander and grill it (for bread) or microwave it (for croissant).

Other vegetables that you can add are grated carrot, cucumber, fresh pepper (capsicum), corn (and if you like tuna, that can be added too), if you have boiled chenna then you can add that too.

Another sandwich that I like is the tuna toastie. I use brown bread for this.

Tuna Toastie

I add tuna, mayo, chopped spring onion, corriander and corn in a bowl and mix it well. Spread this on a slice of brown bread, add another slice of bread on top and stick it in a flat toaster or grill! It is really yum You can add grated cheese on this before sticking it into the grill as well.

And then there's

Egg sandwich

Boil the egg and chop it into really tiny pieces. Add butter/mayo to it and mix it well. It should look like a spread, spread this on the slice of bread just like butter or jam and then eat it like that or toast it!

Tomato Sandwich

Dip tomato in hotwater and skin it. Mash it up and add butter/Mayo and mix well. And then the procedure is the same like egg sandwich.

You can add tomato and egg together with mayo and make tomato egg sandwich as well!
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,
    its a nice and interesting thread.... What i generally do is.... use whole wheat bread then put the leftover veggie from last night.. and toast it in sandwitchmaker. Then thats not all.... well then i cut it into small pieces.. add cucumber, cherry tamoto, onions, if you have add peanuts.... add tamarind and green chutney to it.. and mix well... top it with yogurt.. it will become a huge meal.....well if u want u can add apalam chips.. or anything u want... to give u crunchy taste....
    c i make chat out of everything and anything....

Post Thanks / Like
    Pepper peas sandwich:

a small bowl of peas- cook in the microwave for a minute
    1 medium tomatoe-chopped
    1/2 onion- choppes
    Freshly crushed peper- to taste
    Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
    salt & chilli powder
    Jeera & oil

Take a tspn of oil & fry the onions until pinkish... add the tomatoes, jeera & pepper. salt, garam masala & chilli powder....cook until mushy... add a little water if req... Now add the peas & cook until almost dry... make sandwiches using this filling...

PS: The speciality of this filling is the fresh pepper flavour. So make sure you use freshly crushed(not powdered) pepper.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of my favourite indianised sandwiches are using left over curries /chicken curry or fry and bhendi fry as a filling.They taste great.

I also like to use chole or chick peas with chopped onions as a filling with toasted bread.

One variation is boil potatoes and fry in 1 tsp of oil and add some chilli pwd, salt and coriander leaves and use this too with toasted bread. Capsicum Potato Combo also tastes great.

Another one is using mixed sprouts and corn salad as a filling in sandwiches or buns with some coriander chutney or sauce.Tastes awesome.

The list is endless...
    Sailaja
    Indian Food & Andhra Recipes -
    Sailu's Kitchen
    Healthy Recipes for Kids -
    Kids Zone

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Chamy,

U can checkout my chutney sandwich recipe from the Hubbers contribution section ...just click on the link below...hope u like it...it is a very typical Indian style sandwich...but u cannot make it and leave it like that for a long time...once the chutney is spread on the bread, then u have to have it soon, else it will definitely become soggy...

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5119

Rajshank