Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: ARR Vs YSR Vs HJ

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV

personally I'd rate VS, BW, HJ, KR, YSR more or less the same; there have had their moments of sparks.
    and that is why I am when VS makes a remark about the others.
    Come on NOV, VS has had more than just his moments or sparks, over the last 10+ years. BW and KR certainly dont belong in that list or any list for that matter. Barring a couple of albums their work has been uninspiring at best. And currently they are nowhere to be found except for a movie here or there. You seem to have lumped everyone not named ARR in one list , which might not be completely fair. Iam not defending VS or his comments here, but lets not undermine his contribution.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not lumped all "other" MDs together. There are still many like Srikanth Deva, Joshua Sridar (saw chennai kadhal y'day :P), lala SAR, Mani Sharma, D. Iman, Devi Sri Prasad, Ramesh Vinayagam, Dheena, Vijay Anthony, etc.

I can sense your dislike for BW, but I would rate his earlier albums like Parthen Rasithen, Amarkalam, Kadhal Mannan quite high. Even his recent movies like VR MBBS and Ayyaa were not bad. In fact his Saran tie-ins have always given some memorable songs.

As for Karthik Raja, I think he is seriously underrated. That he is terribly shy and a total introvert as compared with YSR doesnt help him personally.
    I am absolutely in love with his recent kaadhal vandhadhaalE song from Manathodu Mzhaikkalam.
    His earlier albums of DDD, KK, UKP also are worthy.

Anyway, my point is that VS himself is not unique, and his passing such a comment is totally unwarranted.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont understant y yuvans music doesnt go commercially well as harris's in recent times.its probably cos of the directors he chooses and lack of proper marketing.
    in my opinion yuvan is far far ahead in terms of talent compared to harris.it is the same type of music that harris brings out all the time but still goes on to a hit.harris has not made a single album as good as kadhal kondein,7g,raam,pudhupetai.
    and it is hard to digest that music of pudhupetai didn get the recognition what it deserved.yuvan has more fans than harris esp among youth he is an ikon but he has to join big heroes or directors.

well as if VS has scored something like IR or MSV he is commenting on present music trend.his first song recording "mutham thara aetha idam" from "jaihind"was itself a total lift from a punjabi song"ishq mithai"his "athinthom"from chandramukhi was aslo a lift.mentioned these two only cos these r supposed to be his biggest moments his first recording and to score music for rajini.he is still behind yuvan in terms of popularity and talent.let him come up with something like 7g or pp if he can then let him talk about other music directors.just cos he is older to other music directors he is no way considered greater to them.its better he shuts his mouth

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harris's blatant lift in UNNALE UNNALE...He has copied "June Pona" song from the album "BLUE". Song is ALL RISE..Really shocking..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wats shocking,MM. If HJ tries to give something original, that'l alone leave me shocked!!!
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081