Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Growing Tulsi plant

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

arasan (@ 219.*) on: Sun Jul 25 23:40:07 EDT 2004

wow! I didn't know so much about tulsi till now.I have it in my garden and when it dries up i just put it under bigger plants/trees for nature to take its course.am i doing the right thing here? pls enlighten me. thanks
    arasan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Pragya (@ dial*) on: Wed Sep 8 12:02:54

Hi
    I have a tulsi plant.It is growing very rapidly.When i first bought it in may , it was like 2 inch but now it is about 12 inch.I have to change the pot in about 40 to 50 days because it seems that the roots want more space and the day when i plant into another, it grows so fast in 20 days then the rate slows down.I want to know that can i plant tulsi plant from the branches, because someone told me that u can cut one small branch and place in another pot to grow into a new plant.I need help.Thanks.
    Pragya

Post Thanks / Like

nire amol (@ 202.*) on: Thu Sep 9 05:22:57 EDT 2004

I live in India(mumbai) i recently bought a small tulsi plant and potted it in plastic pot
    the plant grew well until one day a pigeon
    playing near it accidentally broke it ; but still the plant is growing but now neither it seems to be growing at earlier rate nor it looks healthy also the leaves whither away in just afew days and have small holes in them.
    WHAT ACTION SHOULD I TAKE?

Post Thanks / Like

nire amol (@ 202.*) on: Thu Sep 9 05:23:40 EDT 2004

I live in India(mumbai) i recently bought a small tulsi plant and potted it in plastic pot
    the plant grew well until one day a pigeon
    playing near it accidentally broke it ; but still the plant is growing but now neither it seems to be growing at earlier rate nor it looks healthy also the leaves whither away in just afew days and have small holes in them.
    WHAT ACTION SHOULD I TAKE?

Post Thanks / Like

Parag (@ ool-*) on: Sun Oct 17 13:05:23

Hello,

I live in New jersey. Evrytime we bring Tulsi it grows well during summer however in winter she does not. Can any one please advice as to how to a take care during the snowy winter in New jersey.

Thanks and Regards,

Parag

Post Thanks / Like

Parag (@ ool-*) on: Sun Oct 17 13:05:31

Hello,

I live in New jersey. Evrytime we bring Tulsi it grows well during summer however in winter she does not. Can any one please advice as to how to a take care during the snowy winter in New jersey.

Thanks and Regards,

Parag

Post Thanks / Like

Analaksita (@ pool*) on: Thu Nov 18 22:20:41

I live in Massachusetts.I looked on Google about the "white powdery substance" and found good info.It is some type of mold that will not kill her but will deplete her vitamins.They say not enough air,light,not enough heat, and spraying her leaves with water.It is also very bad if she gets cold at night like near a window.Brown tips can indicate letting her dry out too much in between waterings.I have had 6 tulsi's for one year now and it very important to have plenty of light.Not just one set of plant lights on top but also on the sides and also a humidifier helps alot.If she gets bugs,spider mites etc., you can cover her pot as to not let her dirt fall out and dip her in a solution of water and Dr.Bronner's soap,put enough until the water looks milky.Then be sure to rinse her well. She realy likes this.Also remember to pluck her tops,starting at the first four set of leaves.She will split and grow two branches there.You should continue doing this.This ensures that she does not grow tall and skinny but bushy.A nice natural insecticide is citronella or lavender oils.you can sprinkle a little around her dirt but be careful not to let it get on her leaves it will turn them brown.I am no expert but am only sharing what I know from experience.Hare Krsna!
    <a name="last"></a>

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To know more benefits about Tulsi Read health benefits of tulsi in hindi

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345