Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to find manufacturer information?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

How to find manufacturer information?

Hi
    I was looking for the manufacturer information on the company that makes butterfly wet grinder and Santha wet grinder. I tried MSN.India and searched for it. Here in US you can very easily get any information on a manufacturer like GE or any other.

I am going to India and my sister-in-law asked me what would I like. I asked for a table top wet grinder. I have a titling Santha wet grinder for over 10 years and I love it. So, I asked her for Santha tabletop wet grinder with coconut grater attachment.

She lives in Bombay and could not find where they sell this brand?
    Any one can help me out?

She said there is a butterfly grinder and has 3 cone shaped stones. I have seen it; one of my relative has it and she said it takes more water compared to Santha grinder. That's why I am not very interested in this. I know Santha has a tabletop wet grinder.

Thanks
    Sahely

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you visit http://www.butterflyindia.com/ ??

If nothing helps, there is an email address and contact information in the above website. Try to email them or call, they will be happy to provide the information about their products.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks RedPepper
    Any reviews on Santha vs. butterfly wet grinders?
    Can any one tell me if there are any distributors for Santha wet grinder brand in Bombay?
    Thanks a bunch folks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I do not own either of these, so I am unable to give a feedback.

I have an oster brand blender/grinder with a small food processor attachment (less than $40), and a GE brand food processor (this also was less than $40). I also have a Braun coffee grinder for dry grinding purposes, which was about $15. I do all types of Indian cooking using these appliances. Never tried to import anything from India!
    Red Pepper

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi Sahely30,
    i have a ULTRA Grind tabletop grinder (1.5L) ...it has 2 stones-grinds well and easy to clean!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

dry grinding

hello red pepper,

i too have a oster blender. for dry grinding i used 'toastmaster' coffe grinder but the motor got burnt pretty fast.after that i am very apprehensive of coffee grinders.after reading ur post i would like to try braun?can i use it to dry grind after frying in oil also?and is there other coffee grinders i can use for dry grinding larger quantities like rice flour? thanks

rain

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello rain

Maybe you used the coffee grinder continously for more than what is recommended. I guess my coffee grinder manual says do not use continuously for more than 3-4 minutes. Mine is about 7 years old now! Works like a charm. I do small quantity cooking, so I never needed to powder big quantities. I haven't tried powdering the ingredients after frying in oil. I just toast the masala ingredients in a fry pan and powder it without adding any oil. But when I powder toasted peanuts, or dried coconut, some oil oozes from it. Then the cleanup is a bit difficult. I prefer not to wash my coffee grinder. So I only powder the dry items and wipe it well after using. I use the small type, http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/78252/200.jpg
    Red Pepper

Member Junior Hubber riceandbeans's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also use one of those very inexpensive coffee grinders for almost 7 years now(it was the cheapest one at the time I bought it) and it is still doing its job perfectly. Like it was said, the instruction manual is very clear about not using it continuosly for too long but sometimes we just have bad luck with a particular product.

For heavier grinding, I use Premier wet grinder tilting model and I love it. I find it very efficient and it takes up less space in my counter than the horizontal ones.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks redpepper & riceandbeans for ur input.

i don't remember using my coffee grinder for more than 1-2 min at a stretch but i guess it was not equipped for intricate spice grinding.cud u tell me the watts at which ur coffee grinders run?coz i believe thats an imp.factor to see if it can handle tough grinding.regards

rain

Member Junior Hubber riceandbeans's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is Mr. Coffee brand and like all others in the US I think it is 120v 60 Hz 130 watts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast