Thread: Jency the forgotten singer of 70s

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Jency the forgotten singer of 70s

Alphabetic list of songs:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/lyrsort.php?t=4369

Chronological list:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/lyrsort.php?t=4369&opt=c

Wish someone share their memories of the singer of yesteryears.

Was part of the glorious group - Ilayaraja / SPB / Malaysia / SJ / PS / KJY / SPS ./Jayachandran....

She had done some great hit songs ...... Her success story was directly related to IR's glorious late 70s and 80s...

Can somebody share their memories on this pls.

My favourite song of Jency ....................

Geetha Sangeetha - along with Jayachandran

Meenkodi theril manmadha raajan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Balaji.....

Whenever I hear a song of Jency, suddenly my mind will travel to the period of 1978-85, which was the peak period of that 'melody princess' (because many 'melody queens' like PS,SJ,VJ are here).

She sung a few, but all are hits and memorable. First I heared her song "Idhayam poguthey...enaiye pirindhey" in Puthiya Vaarpugal(I dont know whether she sung before that). In the very first song itself "en idhayam enai pirindhu" Jency yidam poi vittathu. Such a wonerful and different voice.

Then she continued her career with succesful journey of Ilaiyaraja, with the songs "Iru paravaigal malai muzhuvathum inge..inge parandhana" and "aayiram malargale malarungal"...in Niram Maaraatha Pookkal.

As per my knowledge the one and only Music Director she worked was Ilaiyaraja only. (Is there any other MD, with whom Jency worked...??, if any pl. tell. But I hope nobody).

My big sarrow is, why Ilaiyaraja dropped her in half way, even he is in peak always.

There was a rumour that Ilaiyaraja reduced Jency's singing oppertunities when he introduced S.P.Shailaja to the field in 'Ponnu oorukku pudhusu' (Solaikuyiley....kaalai kadhirye...)

Is that news true or false....??. Balaji, did you hear anything about that..??

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sharadhajii,

On IR .. not using Jency later .. probably Mr. Manisekaran can throw some light on this....

Jency had also given hits for Shankar Ganesh....

Paniyum neeyay malarum naanay paruva raagam paaduvom ...

with SPB.. it was a big hit those day.s

Apart from that .. I dont remember JEncy singing for others.

I wish more postings come out from senior hubbers who were part of glorious late 70s

Post Thanks / Like
    Deiveega raagam .... song from Ullasa paravaigal...

Another great song of Jency

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Balaji....

That song "Dheiveega Raagam" is very very rarely telecast in TV channels. We all know, TV channel people will not telecast good and rare songs. But we always see that song because it is in the CD of Deepa hits. (You know well, why Deepa cd is in our home :P :P ) But I will watch it for Jency only.

Recently when she attended as a judge for Jaya TV's 'Raaga Maaliga' programme, that is the first time I saw her face, till then I know her voice only. I surprised "Oh.. she is my favourite Jency".

She sung the song "Melam kotta neram varum poonkodiye"... in the movie 'Lakshmi' for Sreedevi, with same voice without any change. The anchor Vijay Adhiraj also wondered and asked her 'still you are having the same voice, why you are hiding yourself in shadow, without continuing your career as a singer?'. Till the end of the programme, she did not answered for that question. (May be if she answered, many matters may come out for, why she is not singing).

Another famous number from Jency for Sreedevi is "En vaaniley orey vennila" from Johny. Oh what a song.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sharadhajii,

When you mentioned about Melam kotta neram varum poonguilay...

That song will look as if Sridevi was songing..... by IR the great.

I wonder why Jency is not being considered as even today her voice is intact !!

The youth in the voice is still there. Her style can easily fit into Jothika or Simran

Post Thanks / Like
    Another lovely song of Jency....

In Ilamai kolam.....

With Malaysia Vasu..

NEE ILAATHA POTHU ENGUM NENJAM SOLLAATHA KADHAI NOORU.

Here Jency will step in the second phrase and will add flavour to the song... Lovely one... ofcourse it was from IR only

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favourites of Jency are songs from Johny & Vizhiyil vizhunthu

Supposedly Jency happens to be my friend's family friend and he brought her and her hubby to my home in 1992 when I was in hostel... Missed meeting her and haven't had the chance to meet her since

Supposedly she was doing stage shows then!

My mom still talks about her songs and her visit home sometimes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    My favourites of Jency are songs from Johny & Vizhiyil vizhunthu

Supposedly Jency happens to be my friend's family friend and he brought her and her hubby to my home in 1992 when I was in hostel... Missed meeting her and haven't had the chance to meet her since

Supposedly she was doing stage shows then!

My mom still talks about her songs and her visit home sometimes!
    Anoushka,

Nice to hear about that. Are you getting Jaya tv there ?? There was a music programme sometime back wherein she was the judge and the same golden old voice was still intact.....

I understand Jency has settled down in Kerala.....

Life goes on..............

I consider myself fortunate to be part of Jency era where I could hear her songs coming along with the glorious days of IR.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was going through another thread, Mr. Ramki mentioned about the songs of 'Engeyo ketta kural' and he mentioned about the song
    "Aaththoram kaaththaada oru paattu ketkuthu" very lovely song of Jency, (Radha playing with her friends in a pond), which is another hit.

(Whenever you hear a song of Jency, definitely it will be a hit songs only, because all of her songs are hits, same like P.B.Srinivas If you hear a song of PBS, it will be a hit one. He never give an unhit song. Our Jency's songs also like that).

There is a similar song in Prabhu's "Arvadai Naal" with same situation "Solai kurutholai kaathula aaduthu...kannanai theduthu" ...Rasi playing with her friends. Is it by SJ or SPS or Chitra..??.

Everytime when I hear this song from Aruvadai naal, my mind will go to 'Aathoram kaathaada' song in EKK.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast