View Poll Results: Who Do U Like Better?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicago Tyner

4 36.36%
  • James Pain

7 63.64%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Iraqi Wall Clock.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Iraqi Wall Clock.

Prologue, Preface whatever.

Meet Chicago Tyner. S.F Private Eye.
    A literate, Gulf War Vet from the United States Marine Corps who has determined never to grow up. He carries a Cougar Magnum, cracks jokes at the worst times, and solves cases given to him by the Californian people.

Being a Private Investigator is a lot of work. Especially if one is among the best in the field. This morning a couple showed up at my doorstep to disturb my Saturday morning slumber and to let me know that their eighteen-year old adopted daughter was missing. After dealing with issues concerning my fee, they gave me her picture, her school info, and finally her name. That was no problem. I’ve done plenty of kidnapping cases, but the deal here was, these two were no ordinary couple. The tall, muscular, Rambo look-alike was the Mayor of San Francisco, Mr. Powell, and the short blonde broad was his wife. I could see why they would come to the best PI in Frisco rather than the cops considering elections were coming up right around the block, and Rambo didn’t want any bumps on his smooth election champagne. My job was to find teen and return her to First Blood.

I looked into the yellow folder titled “School Info.” In it was everything from her grades, to the phone numbers of her friends. I opened the drawer of my work desk and pulled out a yellow note pad, and a pen with Mickey Mouse’s face wrapped around it. The first name on the friend’s list, “Erica Javendale.” I jotted the name and put a hyphen next to it. The seven-digit number was highlighted in pink. I spun it on my old school rotary phone. It rang once. I looked at the clock. It read 7:48am. Maybe it was time for breakfast. How about McDonalds? ‘Super size, super size the American way.’ My lips started to mummer.
    “Hello.” A woman answered on the forth ring.
    “Hello. May I talk to Ms. Erica Javendale?”
    “This is she.” The voice sounded tired and sleepy.
    “Hi Erica, my name is Chicago Tyner. I’m a Private Investigator. I just want to ask a few questions about Allison Powell.” There was a long pause. “…hello?”
    “uh…sure go ahead.” She seemed a bit unhappy with the whole situation. I started with my list of questions.

After 9 phone calls and a shower I was less than excited with what I heard. The kids seemed stubborn and unwilling to speak. Hell, if some guy I’d never heard of before called me and asked me about my friends, I wouldn’t be willing to give them good answers either. I looked at the wall clock, which I had gotten in Iraq during the war. It read 10:35 am. School would have started. Maybe I should pay them a visit. If some guy I’d never heard of before pulled me out of class and asked me about my friend, I wouldn’t tell him. But I had a gut feeling that they would.

To be Continued....
    Back after a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    tyner in the line of Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, Perry Mason, Rajesh Kumar.. Quite intersting Carry on, Surya
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks PP Madam!

No one else wants to read my story?

On my way there I stopped by at a ‘Panda Express Chinese Fast Food’. I finished my breakfast inside the well-designed chain, and started out to Head Royce. “A well distinguished private high school, excelling in both academics and sports” as the mayor put it. There was a parking spot a block away from the actual school office. I took it and double-timed the rest. When I got to the school office, a Caucasian elderly woman was looking into the computer screen, checking her email. “Excuse me.” I said. She looked in my direction, and eyed me from head to toe. Twice. So did I. I was wearing black boots, blue jeans, a thin sleeveless, tight black T-shirt tucked into the jeans, a shoulder holster carrying my Magnum, and a black leather jacket covering the holster. Stylish in my own way. I looked back at her.
    “May I help you?” She asked with a smile.
    “Hi, my name is Chicago Tyner.” I made a big deal about flashing my badge like I was a real cop. “I’m a Private Investigator, I work mainly in the bay area. I’m investigating the disappearance of a student of yours. Allison Powell.” I said in my most serious voice. She nodded with a smile. “I’d like to speak with a couple of your students. It would help me a great deal with the investigation.” She nodded again.
    “Yes, Mayor Powell told me you might show up.” She said and picked the receiver off of a black phone sitting on her table. “Now, which students would you like to speak to?” I recited her list of nine friends. She called a few three-digit numbers and asked for the names of the students I had asked for, and then hung up. “You can go to the Library, they’ll be there in a few minutes. The Library is down this hallway, and on your left.” She said pointing her thumb to a hallway behind her. I thanked her and started down the hallway. The library like she said was on my left. I opened the door and walked in. Behind the counter was another old Caucasian woman wearing glasses, and sorting out books. She looked at me when I walked in. “I’m waiting for a few kids.” I said. She smiled.
    “Okay, they will be here momentarily.” She said and continued with sorting the books. I walked to a table at the center of the Library, and leaned against it. Each wall had a different genre. Each genre looked like it held at least two hundred books. The room was clean and spotless, this library must cost as much as some of the schools in other, worse areas of the city, to maintain. The door opened, and a group of kids walked into the room led by the woman in the front office.
    “Mr. Tyner, these are the students you asked for.” She said. There were eight girls, and one boy. All the girls looked the same. Blonde, 5’7, maybe 5’8, around 125 – 130 lbs. The boy, Joseph, the only boy on the list, was the typical popular kid, big and strong, blonde also, his ears were pierced, but didn’t wear a stud. School rules. He wasn’t very tall, about 5’5. Looking at his build, I’d say it was because of pumping too much iron at a young age. The left side of his jaw caught my eye. It had a black nasty bruise, in the process of healing. “Please let me know after you’re finished.” The woman smiled. I nodded, and she walked out of the library. All of them took a seat around the table. Ashley, Erica, Christina, Jennifer, Brook, Maria, Jasmine, Nichole and Joseph. Everyone looked at me, except for big Joe, who decided o throw his head back and stare at the ceiling. Damn teens.
    “Hey there kids.” I said. No one said anything. Maybe I should’ve prepared a speech.

After a long five minutes, I told the kids that Allison’s life might be in danger, and if they knew anything, they should call me if they do hear anything from or about her, and gave each of them my card. “So that’s it folks, go on back to your classes now.” I said in a thick southern accent. Why? Who knows. Everyone got up and slowly walked back to their classes, except for Ashley, who stayed in her seat. I waited for everyone to leave. Maybe she did too.
    “Mr. Tyner” She said.
    “Yes.” I took a chair opposite from the table.
    “uh…about Allison…” This was going somewhere. “you might want to talk to Joe.” She said looking at the door. So did I, no one was there.
    “Why would I want to do that?” I asked looking into her eyes.
    “Allison was out on a date with him and she never came back after that.” She almost whispered.
    “Date? Her parents didn’t tell me about any date.”
    “That’s because they didn’t know.” Ah-ha! “No one is supposed to know, not even me, but Allison and me tell each other everything.”
    “Oh, tell me more about big Joe.” I said, she faintly giggled.
    “He used to be the captain of our football team.” The soaring War hawks. “but he was kicked out, because he couldn’t keep his grades up, and also he got arrested once, for sexual harassment.” If this was going where I thought it was, I’d may already solved the case.
    “Does Joe have a history of being aggressive with other girls?” It was a stupid question consider he was arresting for sexual harassment.
    “Yes.”
    “How long has he had that bruise?” A more random query.
    “Since the date.” Bingo!
    “Anything else I should know Ashley?” I asked pulling my cell phone out.
    “Not really, but about what I said…”
    “My lips are sealed.” She smiled, and got up. So did I. We shook hands, and she walked out of the library. I dialed the number of Ron Smith. Sheriff Deputy who works in the Frisco area. A friend of mine from the Marines. He picked up on the 3rd ring.
    “What is it Chico?” He must have caller ID.
    “Hey Ron, how are ya? I need you to look up a Joseph Green.”
    “You’re not with that prick James are ya?”
    “What is it? Now you’re scared of him?” There was no answer, I could just hear the tapping of a keyboard. “Sorry Ron.” You never know with these cops, sometimes they get sensitive like that.
    “Joseph Green, 17-yrs old, was arrested under sexual harassment.” Bingo! “What’s the matter? On another case?”
    “Yeah, I gotta go. I’ll call you later today.” I hung up. Solving cases on my first day! The fact that I was the best was indisputable! Maybe I’ll give Big Joe a visit at Lunch.

To be Continued….
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good, carry on Sounds quite professional
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks PP Madam!!

Where is everyone else??

I'll post the next chaps by tommorow. 8)
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    I want the story posted TODAY! I want the rest of the chapters posted TODAY! I want the whole story posted TODAY!

I laughed when I read 'Big Joe'. And James, are we gonna see him in the story?
    Everyone looked at me, except for big Joe, who decided to throw his head back and stare at the ceiling. Damn teens.
    My favorite line so far! Keep writing!

By the way, that's Robert De Niro's line up there (story posted TODAY) so don't think I'm a psycho

Edit: Oh and...VETERAN HUBBER!

Post Thanks / Like
    .....Kaay!!!!!

Thanks Colt, u damn psycho! Call me, I want u to call me TODAY!! If I"m not there leave a message today!!!!

James......he'll be there in the plot soon. I"ll post the rest later today hopefully blud!

Where is everyone??
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gud one so far Surya....

Waiting for rest of the story

The realization of happiness happens only after experience of pain.

If we desire to blossom like a flower in the garden of life,
    Then we must learn the art of adjusting our life with the thorns!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

surya............. knock knock anybody there

hey, wherez the rest?

i happened to c it today only nad was eager to read the whole thing. too bad.

finish this!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reviews! I hope to finish writing the next chaps soon.
    Back after a while...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast