Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your latest read?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Niro!
    And A.R.....congrats for still keeping this thread alive...!!
    My latest are not new books, rather old ones which i've never come across before! 2 by Jeffrey Archer, "Sons of Fortune" and "Honor among thieves". I enjoyed reading both!
    I'm currently reading Family Album by Margaret Scott, a good one about tracing the family tree..i've always wanted to do that..you never know.....i might find we're really related, A.R remember HHW??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi NM Good to see you! Unfortunately I've been unable to read anything extra-curricular my list of "must reads" is just growing and growing...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    queri...good to see you too! you see i've been staying at home ever since coming to melbourne ..so have been going to the library and read......mostly about shares, health and cooking. Satretd working a month ago and decided to read while on the train..hence the three of my latest reads.....can't remember the other one i read.
    Sometimes, I just like to read some of the books i've enjoyed before (read My sweet audrina by VC Andrews again!) and Thornbirds, too!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello NM. It is all in your blessings!!

Btw, keep me updated, the laughing walrus might be right afterall, some way or the other!
    An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.

~Gandhi~

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!

When I was in College, I had this habit of carrying a small notebook with me wherever I went. I would carefully sharpen a Nataraj Pencil with a shaving blade broken in half, and stick it down the spine. In this book I would record my thoughts -books that beckoned my imagination; experiences that evoked meaning; impressions of food, friends, sunsets, indelible instances of exquisite fancy and the odd girl that desperately made me want to make a fool of myself if only for the sake of being noticed...even for one brief shining moment.

I just finished reading through a notebook from Junior Intermediate when I was a bit naive to the ways of the world and though not entirely virtuous, was without a vice. Sad to say, I have noticed that though I have accomplished a little more than I had expected of myself, I have become more cynical, more un-trusting, easier to irritate and harder to please, quick to criticize, slow to apologize, too pre-occupied with problems -those that I create for myself, allow others to manufacture on my behalf or devise for others- to figure out the shape of a cloud, soak in the rain, savor the earth after a sudden downpour, or sink my toes in the sand by the sea...

I would love to read more...hopefully recover the youthful exuberance, the near naive sanguinity and above all the reckless abandon with which I had dreamt of the future. I am determined to find the dreamer who had the courage to defy the world and design his destiny.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senor - With all that poetic ammo, I'm surprised that you haven't started writing your sanguine observations for publications yet!! Or have you???

Rather than tightly curled up between those bound pages of teenage angst - pardon me!! - would love to at least hear if you had made an effort for the rest of the world to take a peek into that trusty journal of yours!!

I'm reminded of course of Adrian Mole - (hope I got that name right, A R!)!!
    Demand a broader view - BBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nirosha:

A compliment speaks volumes about the person who had offered the kind word of encouragement more than it does of the person to whom it had been generously offered. Thank you. Tightly curled up I entirely am not, though shelled, deveined and cooked shrimp I most certainly resemble at times. As for inviting the world for a polite peek into my 'trusty journal' I do not dare.

I've been reading some of the thoughts offered along this string and have to confess that sharing anything more than the occasional stray musing would make me look the mad mendicant in gossamer rags gone knocking on a majestic masquerade with but a forged invitation and a frostbitten right foot.

But for now, I would love to find out more about Adrian Mole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorJalapeno
    I've been reading some of the thoughts offered along this string and have to confess that sharing anything more than the occasional stray musing would make me look the mad mendicant in gossamer rags gone knocking on a majestic masquerade with but a forged invitation and a frostbitten right foot.
    Whoa!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Obelix!

Still mad at Getafix the Druid for not offering you a sip of the magic potion? Lol. I love those comics. Still read them. Favorite one is Mansion of the Gods. That bard could really erm sing. Thanks for making me laugh.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SenorJalepeno, you may find many kindred souls around you. The creeping in of the cynicism is only temporary. Your basic idealism will surface above against all odds & will keep alive green realms of sweet fantasy & offer immense solace!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast