Thread: Why is our Mother(Nature) so punishing these days??

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is our Mother(Nature) so punishing these days??

Last December we saw the horror of 1000's of Indians washed away with terror tsunami and lakhs all over south asia.......then we saw many earth-quakes making no place safe in the world.......then it was the turn of gujarat to face very heavy rains killing as many as 500 last month.....now it was the turn of Mother Nature to attack the cream of India-Mumbai.....it has been raining for the last 7 days with over 1000 lives dead and a almost 1000 crores loss........

did we provoke the nature in any way???y is our mother nature so cruel on us these days????anybody has any guess???
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep this was one of the worst rains in bombay..I heard lakhs of people were stranded in the roads for days..Many of them were stuck in office too..The rains didnot even leave the homes too, bec they were also flooded upto the first floor..the water level was rising upto 15ft too..But I would say this was caused due to low infrastructure & no forecasting in bombay..Probably if bombay was strong enough on those grounds, we could have averted this natural disaster..Bombay has been always facing this brunt for years...Something has to be done about this..

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    True Laxmi.I live in Pine which is quite close to Mumbai and our newspapers are full of stories of inefficiency and lack of vision from the authorities.

Most of Mumbai's drainage system is more than 100 years old and only 30% of it has been modernised.The rest of the work costs just around Rs.1200 crores according to an estimate.Think about a state government which played vote bank politics by providing free power to farmers[atleast on paper as there was a 10 hour powercut during the summer daily] watching helplessly when money worth hundreds of crores is flowing away in rain water.Think about more than a thousand people killed and those who will follow.

On the 28tu of July more than 2000 people were stuck in the airport and several thousands in the railway stations.All trains from the south are terminated at Pune,and this very railway station is in a big mess.If it was not for some local organisations and individuals these people who are stuck here would have been starved.

One would agree that these were record rains[944 mm in a single day],but that is no excuse for the civic administration's apathy.Instead of being superstitious or blaming the nature we should build our cities properly.

Yet it was heartwarming to see some great people doing great work for the sake of fellow beings.Private vehicles ferrying people costfree between Mumbai and Pune,Individuals and organisations dstributing Puri bhajji and Vada Pav,The Maharashtra state goods and passenger transport association workng round the clock for rescue missions and moving essential commodities to affected areas without pay[you know what their counterpartswere doing in my home state Kerala-they have just began an infinite strike to establish their 'legitimate rights' ] .The only missing link was the government.

Then one would agree that they have set up a high power relief committee comprising 15 people yesterday.The only thing is that among some of the members contacted by Indian express 4 have not heard of it.The chief of the committe is in Spain now and he himself is unaware that he has been chosen to manage 'Emergency' Relief.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not Mother Nature. According to astrology, its Father Time

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fail to accept Mumbai as a Metropolitan & Cosmopolitan city of India..
    It is totally unbeleiveble to see Mumbai shattered in this very few days due to a cloudburst..After all it is major revenue earning city..Yep I am myself from mumbai, having lived there over 25 yrs..I was calling up every hour to my home in Mumbai, to check if my family members have reached home safely..It was a nightmare ..Its like even though I am abroad, but still my heart is in Mumbai..
    Yep majorly we indians are only responsible , bec we are the once choosing our government too..Govts still think they can continue with their step motherly treatment..Looks like Mumbai is a total mess now,there are chances of epidemics too..It has be totally cleaned up....Hope the govt atleast now takes the right step towards the development of this city..