Thread: Illayaraja Works

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Illayaraja Works

CAn i get a DVD or 2[or even more] with full songs of raja??

is there any website u know which gives complete collections of raja??
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you located, accordingly I can point you to some store/website.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think,

Entire illaiyaraja collection is not impossible in good recording condition.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have 700+ films with me

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/10515966/R...jas-1250-Songs

Raagas in Ilyarajas 1250 Songs

Superb...Indeed super collection

7. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conversation with RR from Raga of hindi songs thread [Phoolon Ke Rang Se - Prem Pujari]

Quote Originally Posted by RR View Post
    Pahadi has a rustic feel, but it's a versatile raga - meaning that it lends itself to other feels in light-classical songs. Sivaranjani and Sindhu bairavi are two other versatile ones. You can do both the happiest and saddest songs with them. No wonder the three are very popular in film songs..

Of course not too many ragas are such versatile - normally! If the composer is creative enough, theoretically any feel can be brought from any raga. It sure is challenging for some ragas, and may sound far-fetched. But IR is an exception to all this. He has made a dappankuthu out of chakravagam and a pathos song in mohanam!
    Checked the list of Raags of IR songs posted by Karthickcb and was amazed to find these songs under the Raga Chakravagam - they all sound entire different :

- Appa Kada Anna Kili (Payul Puli)
    - Marandhen Pirandhen (Gitanjali Devotional)
    - Vanithamani Vanamogini (Vikaram)

To an amature like myself, these 3 songs don't have the same sound. Amazing.
    But I find that this Raga was used by IR for duets alone in Film Music and Mohanam is mixed, the female solo taking the centre stage.

- Abc Nee Vaasi (Kaidhiyin Dairy) is a jolly song, now I find it more jolly.
    - Poovil Vandu (Kadhal Oviyam) super Pattu
    - Oru Ragam Padalodu (Anandha Ragam) Yesudas humming just ignites means. Did you mean the pathos version of this song or is there another ?

By the by, all my favorite songs are under Mohanam Raga, thus making it my favorite Raga ... LoL
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Ilaiyaraaja's Songs in HiFi Stereo and DTS
    honeybeemusicstudio.com
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

IR BGM Kannada movie "Accident"

Kannada movie "Accident" BGM 7:49 to 8:50, IR's BGM is very similar ( same as ) to "Deer Hunter" movie's OST BGM By Stanley Myers Guitar played by John Williams, see
    by John Williams ( guitarist), or

this was surprising...initially I thought this piece was playing on the back ground from a record in the movie "accident"..well IR acknowledges John Williams the Hollywood music director as a great composer ...but this appears more than inspiration from John Williams the classical guitarist (different from John Williams the music director). Accident released in 1984 , a classic movie in Indian cinema...clearly one of the great movies to be in top 100 world cinema...way ahead of time...and probably never be dated for the content and great script by the highly creative short lived "Shankar Nag" ..Remember the true incident that happened in 90's by the grandson of ex. Navy Admiral Nanda the BMW case killing 9 people..http://www.legalserviceindia.com/articles/bmw_case.htm
    This movie has a story (not sure if this was true) about how Shankar Nag was trying to get IR score BGM for this movie when IR was in his peak and extremely busy and Shankar Nag after not getting a clear commitment from IR to score BGM almost begged and left the movie reels at Prasad studio and asked IR if he could see the movie for few frames and if IR felt it was worth his time he could score the music for the music....well the movie eventually had the great score by IR. The BGM is available online in some sites....a great score indeed..but the Deer Hunter portion of " cavatina" OST by John Williams came as a complete surprise for me...

I think..this is a great movie that can be remade now , probably Prakash Raj (who is a great admirer of Shankar Nag) and his current relationship with IR could easily venture to pull this powerful movie with a decent budget.
    Last edited by prabhudas; 23rd March 2014 at 09:53 PM.
    Long Live Maestro and his immortal music

11. Likes mappi, RR, venkkiram liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone point me to the (classical) music note sheet of "en iniya pon nilave"?

I see ton of guitar tab sheets. I need the classical notes.